Do you have a 2nd team?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Do you have a 2nd team?

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I don't, just City for me but lots of people seem to also follow, say Rangers or Celtic, or a local lower division club as well.

Do you look out for another teams results, or even go and watch them when city aren't playing?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Do you have a 2nd team?

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm

I have a soft spot for a couple of teams (both here and overseas)

Bury as I went a lot when I was a kid as my mate's dad was on the board
Leicester and Southampton due to exes who followed them

AJ Auxerre and Olympique Marseille after having gone to see them both play quite a lot when living in France

Inter Milan due to having a lot of friends in Milan who follow them and who gave me loads of Inter shirts over the years

San Diego Chargers (again due to an ex in America)

Detroit Red Wings

Boston Red Sox
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 pm

AS Nancy-Lorraine
Jubilo Iwata
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 pm

not really , i have a soft spot for west ham as years ago , i was coming back from a game at maine road and i was getting on a bus into town. And i went upstairs and it was just full up with west ham fans. I had my blue city shirt and thought oh shit , But there was a space next to this huge fat guy with a west ham shirt and i sat down next to him. He then said your lads played great football today and i got talking with a a few of them about the game. Ive had run ins with a few teams when ive been on my own coming back from maine road. But those west hams fans was extremely nice and that memory has always stayed with me.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BlueJohnBlue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Newcastle: Because after we won the league cup at Wembley (long time ago) we went to the first pub we came across and when e walked in it was jammed packed with Newcastle fans. I was amazed most stated clapping and congratulating us and even bought us a few scoops, had a great evening.
[flash=]One City and it’s my City[/flash]
BlueJohnBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm

BlueJohnBlue wrote:Newcastle: Because after we won the league cup at Wembley (long time ago) we went to the first pub we came across and when e walked in it was jammed packed with Newcastle fans. I was amazed most stated clapping and congratulating us and even bought us a few scoops, had a great evening.

haha someone old enough to booze in 76(?)

Another old fart in our midst I see ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bawbag » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

The all conquering HAMILTON ACADEMICAL.

I had supported City cos my dad took me along with him for about 5 years till when I was 13 my family moved up near to Hamilton, and my new mates supported the Accies!!

After I'd been a few times I invested in a scarf - the only problem was that it was r*d and white as the Accies play in red and white hoops and when I got home my old man wouldn't let me bring it in the house (hoose) as it was r*d and white - what a laugh!

Actually went to see the Accies the other weekend against St Johnstone - Fkn awful it was £22 to get in, 2,200 was the crowd and we got beat 2-0. Absolutely dire - and it's SPL too (albeit the bottom end - i.e. everyone else except the Ugly Sisters). £22!!! - my City ST works out at £24 a game and it's poles apart!!

Hamilton Accies are the club you may recall that got docked loads of points a few years ago and got relegated as the players didn't turn up for a game at Stenhousemuir on the Saturday! Everyone there for kick-off except one of the teams!! Anyway we are back up and running now and doing a great job - stayed in the SPL last year and hope to do so again.

Think I'll give it a miss next time I'm up there though. L shaped stadium - no atmosphere due to lack of numbers - all seated etc.

City 1st everyday but Accies 2nd - C'mon the (Real) Hoops!!
bawbag
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Blue2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Bury
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby citytilliporkpie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 pm

i have been a city fan since birth but now live in torquay so i watch them quite alot and they got a great result against sven on monday.cmon the gulls!
citytilliporkpie
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:07 pm

When I was living in South America I followed Boca Juniors very closely. Always enjoyed watching them play. Now-a-days I find myself checking the scores for Lyon and Wolfsburg, I enjoy watching them when their on, although I wouldn't go as far as to say i'm a fan...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I live 12 miles from any form of football whatsoever - I follow the results of the team where I was born though (Huddersfield) and I have a bit of a thing for grass roots (non league) football too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:11 pm

citytilliporkpie wrote:i have been a city fan since birth but now live in torquay so i watch them quite alot and they got a great result against sven on monday.cmon the gulls!

"that Madam is the English Riviera"

comedy gold!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 pm

BlueJohnBlue wrote:Newcastle: Because after we won the league cup at Wembley (long time ago) we went to the first pub we came across and when e walked in it was jammed packed with Newcastle fans. I was amazed most stated clapping and congratulating us and even bought us a few scoops, had a great evening.

Had a similar experience only before the game,my mate,his wife and me got to Wembley at about 9:30am and there were hundreds of Newcastle fans there,some of them were having a kickabout on the carpark against a few City fans who were there and afterwards we went to a takeaway that was crammed with Geordies they let us get served first and then when the pubs opened we went for a pint with some of them.................great times.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Twobob » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Allways keep an eye on Oldham and have a lot of mates who are latics fans. Of course theres also the creme de la creme of English football Mossley AFC!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby sirgordonzola » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Forest Green Rovers, seen them a few times.
sirgordonzola
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaletta

Postby One cap Whitey » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:38 pm

The only other team I'm actually arsed about is Altrincham. They're doing ok by recent standards..
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Dameerto wrote:I live 12 miles from any form of football whatsoever - I follow the results of the team where I was born though (Huddersfield) and I have a bit of a thing for grass roots (non league) football too.

Born in Huddersfield too and definitely my second team. Moved to Halifax 15 years ago and follow their results closely too
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:59 pm

ant london wrote:I have a soft spot for a couple of teams (both here and overseas)

Bury as I went a lot when I was a kid as my mate's dad was on the board
Leicester and Southampton due to exes who followed them

AJ Auxerre and Olympique Marseille after having gone to see them both play quite a lot when living in France

Inter Milan due to having a lot of friends in Milan who follow them and who gave me loads of Inter shirts over the years

San Diego Chargers (again due to an ex in America)

Detroit Red Wings

Boston Red Sox

he said 2nd team , not bloody 9 teams lol
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby kinkylola » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm

i look for Rushden & Diamonds results often because I once I wanted to start a lower league game in FM and their name sounded the coolest to me. Played that save quiet alot and became attached to them.

inter milan because the semi-pro team that I played for in China were sponsored by them ... team captain's uncle was the old vp of inter milan. still have that jersey, great memories.

the shanghai local team Shanghai Shenhua because i followed them while I lived in China, at the time shanghai had two teams Shanghai Shenhua and Shanghai GuoJi (shanghai international) ... shenhua were the "city" of the 2.

growing up I was quiet impressed with Ajax, and at the time they had an American John O'brian who played for them ... though as I grew up I found I didn't really have any reason to follow them much.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:06 pm

FC Utrecht.

Have a soft spot for a few teams from other leagues, but nothing major.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum