Do you have a 2nd team?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you have a 2nd team?

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Twobob wrote:Allways keep an eye on Oldham and have a lot of mates who are latics fans. Of course theres also the creme de la creme of English football Mossley AFC!

i was born at the hospital at boundary park. dad's family were city fans, mum's were latics. dad's family had the final word on me, obviously, but still went to plenty of matches at boundary park when we couldn't watch city. so, yes, oldham are my second team.
also the team i take on first in footy manager, until City offer me my dream job.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby razor400 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Got a bit of a soft spot for Bristol Rovers, got a couple of mates who are mad Gasheads, was in their end behind the goal when we plalyed em back in the dark days of league 2, went away to swansea with em that was a fucking mental day.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Derby County - grew up in Glossop and, although the opposite end of the county, there was a Derbyshire connection.

Yeovil Town (the Mighty Glovers) - very local, as in 200 yds away.

York City - friend's team.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby TomS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:52 pm

City and Werder, both my teams....

Have a soft spot for West Ham(good ol´days) and Stockport ( a mate of mine was involved there)

FC Groningen from the netherlands and thats it.....

@SomersetBlue
Been to Yeovil-Swindon 4-5 weeks ago in my holidays, one of the more boring matches I´ve visited in the lower leagues....
But very nice people there around the green team.... I had my nephew with me, his first english footbal match ever. Their mascot was really nice for oing some pics, as my nephew had his Darth Vadder masc on.... :-)
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm

TomS wrote:@SomersetBlue
Been to Yeovil-Swindon 4-5 weeks ago in my holidays, one of the more boring matches I´ve visited in the lower leagues....
But very nice people there around the green team.... I had my nephew with me, his first english footbal match ever. Their mascot was really nice for oing some pics, as my nephew had his Darth Vadder masc on.... :-)

Wasn't at that one but heard that both teams were poor. Swindon is about an hour-and-a-half away, but they still class it as a local derby, just goes to show how little football there is round these parts. Out of interest, why that particular match?

Yes, it's a very nice, family-oriented club, will be taking my daughter for her first game soon and not at all worried about it. There was a big 'to do' a season or two ago when some Leeds fans got tickets in the home stands, they were apparently 'very intimidating', to read the letters in the local paper you would think they had gone round murdering folk!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby TomS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Only game within an hour reach, it was the international weekend vs. Croatia. Stayed at Minehead for holidays....
And when I´m in the UK, I´d like to see as many different grounds as I´m able to. Yeovil was my 47th.....
Thomas
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 pm

TomS wrote:Only game within an hour reach, it was the international weekend vs. Croatia. Stayed at Minehead for holidays....
And when I´m in the UK, I´d like to see as many different grounds as I´m able to. Yeovil was my 47th.....

Wow, well done. Favourite? Least favourite?

And what did you think of Minehead? Not been yet.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Oldham
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Tampa Bay Rays, almost on a par with City, but I doubt the two will ever meet, so any conflict of interest will be avoided.

Second team in football is Bournemouth, due to going to Uni down there, and going to watch them when possible. Being able to see me favourite player Lee Bradbury still in action, is just a dream come true.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby TomS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Favorite`? City...... ;-)

Apart from that I liked Villa, Peterborough, Plymouth (when they had standing areas yet last year) and Bristol Rovers....

Least favorite were about the likes of Leyton, charlton, Cheltenham and coventry......

Minehead was a nice destination for walking and exploring the Exmoor, and the Railway was really nice. Liked it there. Only point to mention was that our cottage was at the top of the hill and all the pubs were down at the harbour.... But at the end, a tourist town....
Thomas
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Brisbane Roar, because I live here, work for them and they are bloody good to me. 2 weeks back they gave me 20 tickets, 1st round they let my under 10's do a lap around the pitch befor KO even though I entered 2 weeks too late and various other struff they sort me with.

Shame the football is currently diabolical.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

SWEEP SCORES!!! Oops, in my excitement I appear to be in the wrong thread - as you were.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby one man army » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

i do have - THE MIGHY SKY-BLUES!!!
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Not got a second team but keep an eye out for Rochdale. Me old man is from there so like to see them do well.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:00 pm

I have season ticket for two local clubs. Other one plays in Finnish third level and play their home games short walk from my house. There's good atmosphere and it's good laugh so I definitely have soft spot for them. Wouldn't go as far as call them second club though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Los Che and Bury (only because i played for them)

Thats it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Droylsden FC for me and whilst they play in red, call themselves the Bloods and live only a couple of miles away from our very own, at least I can look on them as if 'm doing 'em a favour!

PS. Dave Pace is a Ca-unt!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 pm

whoever is playing the rags that week. I'd support an Al Qaeda 11 as long as they were playing the red sox.

I also look out for all the local teams and hope they do well (bar one). Now we've got the cash, I don't have to consider the likes of Bolton and Wigan as competitors, so I can even cheer them on. I'd like nothing more than a premier league made up of teams north of Birmingham.

For overseas, it's Motherwell (my dad had a job up there years ago), Lazio (closest team to where my ancestors were from) and Torino (heard they had a link with City fans due to them also being the biggest team in town, but the other team being better known world wide)
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 pm

FC Utrecht, cos that's my local team in Holland & had a season ticket for quite a few years.
Real Oviedo, a mate of mine is from Oviedo & when he told me about their history, they truly are the 'Spanish City' so I usually watch their games on internet on Sunday evenings.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I have season ticket for two local clubs. Other one plays in Finnish third level and play their home games short walk from my house. There's good atmosphere and it's good laugh so I definitely have soft spot for them. Wouldn't go as far as call them second club though.

What size of crowd do you get for the Finnish third level?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum