Do you have a 2nd team?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you have a 2nd team?

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:41 am

ant london wrote:
BostonBlue wrote:Rochdale - Used to go watching them if wasn't watching City, still follow them and actually flew home to go and watch them at wembley in the play off final last year.

New England Patriots - Had season tickets since 95 and would put them on a par with City....I do live in Boston now though so I can be excused.

The Pats are on a par with U***d more like....bleeeeeuuuurrrghhh

My best mate (from Crumpsall originally) lives over there. He was living in Dedham but has just "moved somewhere nicer"...I haven't been yet so can't remember.

He's a red....and funnily enough likes Brady, Bellichek and the rest of them there cooooooooonts.

Have a word with your taste mate ;-)

So because you are friends with a red who supports them then we are not allowed to like them.

I've seen them a few times when ive been touring through Boston.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Los Che and Bury (only because i played for them)

Thats it.

You played for Valencia?

ha ha i fucking wish.
Playing Barca and Real Youth would have been better than playing against Bradford youth team on the side of a hill in January.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am

MaseCTID wrote:Bayern Munchen and Ramsbottom U***d.

Fucking united supporting Mune!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

sandman wrote:
So because you are friends with a red who supports them then we are not allowed to like them.

No you numpty.....it's their all conquering bastardery that makes me feel towards them similarly to how I feel about the scum

And I didn't say you shouldn't like them....I just said i disapproved.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it sandman ;-0
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Bayern Munchen and Ramsbottom U***d.

Fucking U***d supporting Mune!

Haha good spot mate ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

Picked Rochdale as a second team when I was at school, a) because they are local and b) because they were absolutely the worst team in the league, constantly up for re-election. Still go and watch them every now and then.
Besides them, there is a whole host of teams I worry about.
Newport County, Bradford Park Avenue, Queen of the South, Hellas Verona, Gretna, East Stirling, Alty, Glossop North End, Rennes, AFC Wimbledon, to name but a few. You might have noticed they are all hopeless. What's that all about?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wex » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 am

Wexford Youths of the League Of Ireland First Division
Wex
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:30 am

My mam is from Blackburn and her and my youngest brother are big rovers fans so always look out for their results.

when we were about 10 me and my mates 'picked' a team from each country to follow - but grew out of that
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby GingeryBlue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 am

Man City Reserves
Giggidy.
GingeryBlue
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby pepsi_dave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 am

Would have to say that my 2nd Team are Sheffield Wednesday.

I also look out for local team results such as Stockport, Oldham and Altrincham.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sandman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:10 pm

ant london wrote:
sandman wrote:

No you numpty.....it's their all conquering bastardery that makes me feel towards them similarly to how I feel about the scum

Ha, so you wont be liking City in the near future :o)

I like watching the Patriots, the play great Handball, remarkable to watch, wouldnt say i'm a fan though!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Nickyboy wrote:when we were about 10 me and my mates 'picked' a team from each country to follow - but grew out of that

There was an article in fourfourtwo about some mad fuclers who did the same. They just randomly picked a foreign side and started travelling to their games once in a while. Sounds like good fun, I'll have to do some research to figure out which French/Italian/German/Belgian teams resemble City the most
Fidel Castro

Postby Exiled » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:34 pm

My dad is a Blackpool fan - 'ABU' is his second team. So I have a soft spot for them and saw them quite a lot for a few seasons when George Wood, Mickey Walsh etc were in the side in the late 70s. I think I jinxed them coz they turned to shit not long after.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:40 pm

sandman wrote:
ant london wrote:
sandman wrote:

I like watching the Patriots, the play great Handball, remarkable to watch, wouldnt say i'm a fan though!!

Sandman -- you are getting verrrrrrry sleeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyy.

The Pats are a bunch of cheating cunts. I'm a Steelers fan since i was born basically, and i can tell you that the Pats cheated to win their first few trophies at the expense of the Steelers. I hate them. I hope Brady breaks another leg. He's a fucking cunt. Hate them. Seriously. Hate. Them.

Other teams i either look to watch or for their results -- Napoli (my grandfather's family grew up in that area), and Bayern Munich. I wouldn't say they are my 2nd teams, tho i do have a Munchen top tho which i like a bunch. I don't really look for or follow any other English or British teams with any interest...love watching the Old Firm derbies tho since i hate paying for Ultimate Fighting on pay per view.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Stalybridge Celtic.
Being a Stalyvegas lad and all.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 pm

No Second team as such, but do watch out for Farnborough & Aldershot Town being within 10 minute drive of home and always comes in handy when having a chat in the Pub with followers.

Farnborough get about 900-1000, not bad for Southern league premier. Really should get my lad down there one Saturday to see a game, break him in watching a live match before bringing him to CoMs
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:55 pm

In England - Rochdale

In Spain - Real Valladolid (lived, worked, and have friends there)

I can also make what is probably a unique claim on here of being into a team that has not yet kicked a ball. The missus is from Philadelphia in the states, so....

In the USA - Philadelphia Union (inaugural season beginning April next year)

As for soft spots, I like the following teams:

Atlético Madrid (living in the shadow of utter wankers; I also lived and worked in Madrid for a bit)

Southend (The Goat connection)

WBA (some of the best-humoured and informed fans in football)

MK Dons (probably an unpopular choice but I have a lot of friends in Milton Keynes and a town of that size deserves a league team - the kids there love it)
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby xavi6 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Wex wrote:Wexford Youths of the League Of Ireland First Division

It's the pink jerseys isn't it? ;)

Shelbourne are my joint-first team

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby BostonBlue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:
ant london wrote:
sandman wrote:

Sandman -- you are getting verrrrrrry sleeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyy.

The Pats are a bunch of cheating cunts. I'm a Steelers fan since i was born basically, and i can tell you that the Pats cheated to win their first few trophies at the expense of the Steelers. I hate them. I hope Brady breaks another leg. He's a fucking cunt. Hate them. Seriously. Hate. Them.

Other teams i either look to watch or for their results -- Napoli (my grandfather's family grew up in that area), and Bayern Munich. I wouldn't say they are my 2nd teams, tho i do have a Munchen top tho which i like a bunch. I don't really look for or follow any other English or British teams with any interest...love watching the Old Firm derbies tho since i hate paying for Ultimate Fighting on pay per view.

Cheers

Doom,

I assume you're not a big American football fan and you know nothing of the Steelers history? A Steelers fan calling the Pats cheaters....oh the fucking irony in that. As an FYI filming opposite teams is not an offence, it just depends where you film them from. Had they been in the 2nd tier filming the same shots it would have been fine. Every single team in the league films others...no cheating here mate. At the expense of the Steelers may arese....hahaha if they weren't so shit mate you may have done better....you let Drew Bledsoe beat you in the AFC championship (twice) FFS!
BostonBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby BostonBlue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm

ant london wrote:
BostonBlue wrote:Rochdale - Used to go watching them if wasn't watching City, still follow them and actually flew home to go and watch them at wembley in the play off final last year.

New England Patriots - Had season tickets since 95 and would put them on a par with City....I do live in Boston now though so I can be excused.

The Pats are on a par with U***d more like....bleeeeeuuuurrrghhh

My best mate (from Crumpsall originally) lives over there. He was living in Dedham but has just "moved somewhere nicer"...I haven't been yet so can't remember.

He's a red....and funnily enough likes Brady, Bellichek and the rest of them there cooooooooonts.

Have a word with your taste mate ;-)

Nothing like the fucking rags mate, mid 90's we were the worst team in the NFL, season I started watching we finished 1-15 and ironically the only game we won was my first ever American Football game. Got hooked after that and they are to me on a par with City as my 2 favorite teams.

Yeah Dedham is not the greateast but there's a lot worse than that, I feel dirty supporting a team that a rag supports now...uughhh
BostonBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum