Lawro Predicts..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro Predicts..

Postby Craig B » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:07 pm

A Defeat!!.. Well now I'm feeling rather confident about this one! ;-)

Wigan v Man City (1600 BST)

Man City have a really poor record at Wigan, I believe, but they've never quite had this quality of squad have they?

But City have had so many players on international duty in South America and Africa in the last couple of weeks, I think the sheer extent of the travelling might have an effect on some of them.

That's why I'm going for a Wigan win. Roberto Martinez will want the same result as when they beat Chelsea at home, and with Hendry Thomas and Mohamed Diame patrolling the midfield, they might pull it off.

Verdict: 2-1
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Lawro Predicts..

Postby IanWright » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm guessing a City win and a big win to boot.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Good old Lawro.

They beat ten man Chelsea so that's that then.

We'll win alright, but it ain't gonna be pretty!

0-2 I reckon.
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm

IanWright wrote:I'm guessing a City win and a big win to boot.

Trying to make freinds ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

love the way he says about our players playing in S america and Africa, who exactly? Robi is injured, Zabaletta is injured, Tevez played about half an hour, Toure came home at the weekend and Ade played only on saturday. However Hendry Thomas played the full ninety for Honduras last night.

Who pays this fucker? Thats right, us who live in Britain

For the record I think we could get a hatfull
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby simon12 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:A Defeat!!.. Well now I'm feeling rather confident about this one! ;-)

Wigan v Man City (1600 BST)

Man City have a really poor record at Wigan, I believe, but they've never quite had this quality of squad have they?

But City have had so many players on international duty in South America and Africa in the last couple of weeks, I think the sheer extent of the travelling might have an effect on some of them.

That's why I'm going for a Wigan win. Roberto Martinez will want the same result as when they beat Chelsea at home, and with Hendry Thomas and Mohamed Diame patrolling the midfield, they might pull it off.
Verdict: 2-1

Have they got guns?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Slim » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm

We have a lot of injuries at the moment and honestly how many times have we won at Wigan in recent years?

If we have lost Toure with Ned and Kompany still injured, we may have Ben Mee starting, and he'd be covering for Richards as Zabs is out.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Liahos » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 pm

With some of our players hurt/tired from internationals, this game will just determine how deep our team really is.

I think Sparky will play us with those that havent been playing regularly for their countries (Ireland, De Jong, Santa Cruz has now recovered, shit even Weiss) and keep those that are tired from ints. on the bench.

But I do have a feeling for those players that have missed out from South Africa can now focus most of their efforts into club football (Abedayor, Petrov, Bellers).
"We're so rich its unbelievable"
Liahos
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:08 am

Are we gonna see Silvinho's debut? or is Bridge ok?
I can see Sly keeping bridgey out the team if he gets a go.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:Are we gonna see Silvinho's debut? or is Bridge ok?

Not heard anything about that yet. I've only seen Sylvinho once in training but I think Doug would confirm, he looks shit hot & about 25 years old when he's on the ball. How that translates to defending in the PL of course we don't know but my real worry would be that it makes us even weaker at corners etc & we'd concede goals v anybody. Probably improve us going forward though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 pm

In terms of Lawro citing our record against Wigan from previous seasons, what possible relevance does this have to the upcoming match. If your comparing performances over, say 4 years, then both sets of lineups, managers and tactics would have changed in many of these fixtures. Even the same players aren't going to be affected by previous results, not like they would against a team we had a genuine rivalry with. I just don't understand why historic records are looked at - there's no logic in it, surely only superstition.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:In terms of Lawro citing our record against Wigan from previous seasons, what possible relevance does this have to the upcoming match. If your comparing performances over, say 4 years, then both sets of lineups, managers and tactics would have changed in many of these fixtures. Even the same players aren't going to be affected by previous results, not like they would against a team we had a genuine rivalry with. I just don't understand why historic records are looked at - there's no logic in it, surely only superstition.

I agree, but football wouldn't be football without bogey teams!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Do people really have to keep posting this twats predictions?? if people really wanna know what this cunt thinks they will goto his page. His views are not worth the fucking thread their posted on. The anti-blue cunt that he is.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Vhero wrote:Do people really have to keep posting this twats predictions?? if people really wanna know what this cunt thinks they will goto his page. His views are not worth the fucking thread their posted on. The anti-blue cunt that he is.

meh, it's just a bit of fun. Nice to see him getting it wrong so often.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Vhero wrote:Do people really have to keep posting this twats predictions?? if people really wanna know what this cunt thinks they will goto his page. His views are not worth the fucking thread their posted on. The anti-blue cunt that he is.

I thought the thread title was a bit of a give-away. You don't have to open it! Personally, I like seeing what the biased old fart has to say, especially when he predicts us to lose, quite re-assuring somehow.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Tut tut tut (hand slaps forehead). Do you not know that 'Lawro Predicts' is a must for all MCF.netters? It's the Law!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 pm

sky_blue_stew wrote:In terms of Lawro citing our record against Wigan from previous seasons, what possible relevance does this have to the upcoming match. If your comparing performances over, say 4 years, then both sets of lineups, managers and tactics would have changed in many of these fixtures. Even the same players aren't going to be affected by previous results, not like they would against a team we had a genuine rivalry with. I just don't understand why historic records are looked at - there's no logic in it, surely only superstition.

Absolutely right, there's no relevance whatsoever and it's enitrely superstition - the financial world has a disclaimer that is kind of relevant - "past performance is no indication of continued growth"
lawro might as well be reading tea leaves for all the relevance his comments have.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Are we gonna see Silvinho's debut? or is Bridge ok?

Not heard anything about that yet. I've only seen Sylvinho once in training but I think Doug would confirm, he looks shit hot & about 25 years old when he's on the ball. How that translates to defending in the PL of course we don't know but my real worry would be that it makes us even weaker at corners etc & we'd concede goals v anybody. Probably improve us going forward though.

I think the real question is, can he play rightback?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum