Friday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 am

CITY BOLLOX
European champions Barcelona will test Manchester City's resolve to keep Brazilian forward Robinho by offering to take the player on a six-month loan should the Blues reject a £32.5m bid.

Barcelona will push to take Robinho on a six-month loan deal if Manchester City refuse to sell their £32.5million striker.
European champions Barca are desperate to sign Robinho and reports in Spain claimed they will offer City every option in a bid to persuade them to part with the Brazil star.

Robinho has become disillusioned with life at City and knows he has no guarantee of reclaiming his first-team place once he returns from a lengthy linjury lay-off. The former Real Madrid striker has admitted he wants to return to Spain with Barca, but the final decision as to whether he can leave will be left to City boss Mark Hughes.

Hughes is keen to add defensive cover in January and could decide to use Robinho as bait in a player-plus-cash deal with Barca's Carles Puyol or Eric Abidal coming the other way.

Alternatively, Barca will offer City French striker Thierry Henry in exchange for Robinho. Daily Star http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... Robo-swop/

The Times weighs in with a similar story http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... on-reports

While the MEN, predictably use their City sources to declare this 'news' as bollox
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _barcelona

MANCHESTER CITY stars so far likely to head to South Africa for next years World Cup include:
Argentina: Carlos Tevez,
Pablo Zabaleta
Brazil: Robinho
England: Joleon Lescott,
Gareth Barry, Wayne Bridge,
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Ivory Coast: Kolo Toure
Holland: Nigel de Jong
Paraguay: Roque Santa Cruz
Republic of Ireland: Shay Given*
Slovakia: Vladimir Weiss

Sir Alex Ferguson and Mark Hughes are set for a January transfer battle over Inter Milan's £20million-rated right-back Maicon.
Manchester United boss Fergie and City chief Hughes are both lining up a move for the Brazil defender when the transfer window re-opens in the new year. Fergie wants an experienced right-back, with John O'Shea failing to impress this season, doubts over the long-term fitness of Wes Brown and Gary Neville nearing the end of his career.
Although Fergie also has 19-year-old Rafael Da Silva as an option, the United boss feels he needs a more mature right-back to cope with the demands of Europe and the Premier League. Hughes is also looking at Maicon, having not been convinced by Micah Riahards, who has lost his first-team place, or Pablo Zabaleta as a permanent choice at right-back.

Right Dork seeks to kick start his media career by spouting some original shocking bollox

Dwight Yorke insists there is no way he would have taken the plunge like Carlos Tevez and left Manchester United for cash-rich City.
Tevez caused a huge stir in the North-West this summer when he rejected Sir Alex Ferguson's belated attempts to keep the Argentina star and instead joined the Abu Dhabi-backed Eastlands revolution. Although Tevez has made himself an instant hero with the Blues faithful, the United fans who used to adore his all-action style have turned against him and produced an intensely negative reaction during the recent derby encounter at Old Trafford.

Yorke accepts the new-look City is a very different outfit from the one which faced him during his own time at United.
However, he would never have abandoned the chase for honours by making the same move. "Things have changed," said Yorke. But I know when I was at the peak of my career there is no way I would have left the best team in the world. Manchester City are a big club. Yes, they have a lot of money now and you can see they are making an impact. But really there is no comparison. You want your name to be associated with a global giant. Manchester United is that club. There is nowhere else like it. And it is still that way. Everywhere I go, people acknowledge the fact I played for Manchester United. It affords you a privilege you would not get anywhere else." Although Yorke was only at United for a short time in a 20-year career that also encompassed spells with Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham, Sydney FC and finally Sunderland, it is Old Trafford the mind instantly switches to.

In his recently-released autobiography, Yorke chronicles that superlative Treble season, which for him started late because of a wrangle over his move from Aston Villa, which led to a threat he was going to be shot by then manager John Gregory.
It was a transfer he never had cause to regret though, especially as it brought him into contact with Ryan Giggs, a player who is still going strong even as he approaches his 36th birthday. "There are legends. There are legends of legends. But Ryan is the ultimate legend," reflected Yorke. He is the example for everyone to follow. I look back and think 'three Premier League titles'. That is fantastic. Ryan has 11. It puts everything into context. He is one of the all-time great players. And he has the desire to keep pushing himself the extra yard further than anyone else."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Hull City boss Phil Brown is tracking Aarhus' Danish international midfielder Jakob Poulsen ahead of a transfer window move. Daily Mirror

Inter Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari has insisted he will not be leaving Italy to join Tottenham this summer. The Sun

Atletico Madrid have reiterated their desire to sign Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue, a move which could embroil them in a "tapping-up" row. Daily Mirror

The Gunners also face a fight to keep hold of young Spanish midfielder Fran Merida who is wanted by Sevilla. Full story: Daily Mirror

Leeds are set to sign Wolves striker Sam Vokes on loan until January. Full story: Daily Mail

Stoke want defender Ryan Shawcross to sign a new four-year deal to ward off interest from Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton, who are all considering January bids for the player.The Sun

Portsmouth are hoping to sign on-loan Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara on a permanent basis. The 22-year-old's temporary deal at Fratton Park expires in January. The Sun

Sheffield United are weighing up a £2m bid for Blackburn's third-choice keeper Mark Bunn. The Sun

Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon is being tracked by Bolton, Wigan and Burnley after contract talks between him and the Blades broke down. Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
Today Debora Salvalaggio comes under the Bollox scutinising eye . . .
Full WAG details: http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... alvalaggio

OTHER BOLLOX
LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has played his way into Fabio Capello's squad for next year's World Cup, as has Peter Crouch.
The Sun

New Birmingham owner Carson Yeung has promised to go on an £80m spending spree next year with half available to manager Alex McLeish in January and half the following summer.The Sun

Newcastle caretaker boss Chris Hughton has admitted he wants to take the reins at St James' Park on a permanent basis. Daily Mirror

The representative of referee's union Prospect says that Sir Alex Ferguson's apology to referee Alan Wiley for labelling him "unfit" shows that managers can no longer get away with abusing officials.Daily Mirror

Bolton have complained to referee's chief Keith Hackett that striker Kevin Davies is being victimised by officials because of his previous poor disciplinary record. Daily Mirror

Argentine midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron has warned his national coach Diego Maradona has got eight months to save the country from World Cup humiliation. Argentina scraped through to the 2010 finals in South Africa via a nervy 1-0 win over Uruguay last weekend. Daily Mirror

AND FINALLY
Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has joked that his controversial decision to pick David Beckham as man-of-the-match for Wednesday's England match against Belarus was because two-goal striker Peter Crouch rejected a summer move to the Stadium of Light. Daily Mirror

Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios is set to miss Spurs' game at Portsmouth on Saturday after Interim Honduras President Roberto Micheletti told the national team's players, including Palacios, to stay in the country and party following their qualification for the 2010 World Cup.

More Bollox later ...
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:50 am

Now that's one hell of a tasty WAG for a friday morning, hope yr sneak preview has been approved first though
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Vhero » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:01 am

craigmcfc wrote:Now that's one hell of a tasty WAG for a friday morning, hope yr sneak preview has been approved first though

Im sure some people only come here for the wag :p maybe Chinners should do a daily wag thread in off topic?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:04 am

hmm, Vhero makes a strong point . . .
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:06 am

Chinners wrote:hmm, Vhero makes a strong point . . .

But not at the expense of the Daily Bollox Chin Chin

It's the first thing I look at in the morning...might not comment all the time but it's a great overview of the days news!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:22 am

Vhero wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Now that's one hell of a tasty WAG for a friday morning, hope yr sneak preview has been approved first though

Im sure some people only come here for the wag :p maybe Chinners should do a daily wag thread in off topic?

If she was the WAG every day then I'm sure that would be true !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:22 am

Tell you what it might be bollox but fuck me there is a lot of bollox today,real sweaty lies bollox.

Six month loan deals,HA HA HA HA HA.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:29 am

Why would a loan deal have any interest at all for City whatsoever - its not even barely credible bollox. Tell Barca to come back with £40m or £32.5 plus Ya Ya and we might talk.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Why would a loan deal have any interest at all for City whatsoever - its not even barely credible bollox. Tell Barca to come back with £40m or £32.5 plus Ya Ya and we might talk.

That's the best thing about the whole situation, we are in complete control and can ask for whatever we want from them, whether that be cash (which we don't need) or player(s) swap. If Barca want him that badly then lets make them pay heavily and come out of it looking like we've skanked them good and proper
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Scatman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 am

a nice picture there chinners; City's past vs City's, er, past.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Lionheart » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 am

Chinners wrote:CITY BOLLOX
The representative of referee's union Prospect says that Sir Alex Ferguson's apology to referee Alan Wiley for labelling him "unfit" shows that managers can no longer get away with abusing officials.Daily Mirror

Well thats that issue swept under the carpet nicely. Well done FA, I'm sure your cheques are in the post.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Why would a loan deal have any interest at all for City whatsoever - its not even barely credible bollox. Tell Barca to come back with £40m or £32.5 plus Ya Ya and we might talk.

That's the best thing about the whole situation, we are in complete control and can ask for whatever we want from them, whether that be cash (which we don't need) or player(s) swap. If Barca want him that badly then lets make them pay heavily and come out of it looking like we've skanked them good and proper

We have we told them that we would give them Robinho, as long as they give us Messi and just call it straight with the swap.

This was stated by Garry Cook not long ago, when this bullshit first came out this season, whilst Robinho was injured, but according to the Sky United Sports News, wasn't getting any games and had lost his place.......also it's in El Mundo Deportivo (the Spanish version of The Sun....i.e. horseshit), says all that needs to be said.

You would think that a Presidential Election would be happening soon at Barcelona wouldn't you?.

Robinho is staying pure and simple......you don't sell the best players.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I agree RIG

So does Leslie in the Times apparently . . .

Mark Hughes adamant Robinho's long-term future lies at Manchester City

The Brazil forward, currently sidelined with a stress fracture of the ankle, has been linked with a move to Barcelona. However, Hughes is intent on hanging on to the £32.5 million buy from Real Madrid.

"There is always speculation and noise surrounding Robinho," Hughes said. "That has been the case since he came to the club. He is a great guy. We are not in the process of taking outstanding players out of the team.

"We want to complement the outstanding players at the club. We are looking to build, not dismantle."

Robinho will again be sidelined for the Barclays Premier League match against Wigan Athletic on Sunday at the DW Stadium, but he could make his comeback in the Carling Cup match against Scunthorpe United in a fortnight.

Hughes said Robinho is anxious to return: "The only frustration he has at the moment is that he is not fit and well," the City manager said. "I hope that will be resolved in the next week to ten days, and he will be back on the pitch."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It's the first thing I look at in the morning...might not comment all the time but it's a great overview of the days news!

Ah no don't get rid of the bollox mate just give the Daily WAG her own thread I think she becoming so popular now she deserves her own thread with maybe a little news on the WAG of the day :).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Vhero wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Ah no don't get rid of the bollox mate just give the Daily WAG her own thread I think she becoming so popular now she deserves her own thread with maybe a little news on the WAG of the day :).

Maybe a combined WAG/RAG-of-the-day thread, where we get to see a nice girly with little or no kit on, together with some brain-dead glory-hunting 'celeb' such as Eamonn Holmes.

We could even get a daily comment from RIG and therefore make it WAG/RAG/RIG of the day...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh my goodness me - that WAG made me go weak at the knees. Quality.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Love the bollox Chinners.

AND

Love the WAG Chinners.

But not in that order :)
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:12 pm

I like the new and improved Bollox Chinners, you must be an Imac man now ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Vhero wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

why fucl with something that isn't broken.

Chinners ignore these calls for changes to your approach/format and just keep on truckin brother.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Vhero » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Vhero wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

why fucl with something that isn't broken.

Chinners ignore these calls for changes to your approach/format and just keep on truckin brother.

cheers

Maybe because the WAG is popular and maybe because the WAG usually 90% of the time has nothing to do with football?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum