Team v Wigan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team v Wigan

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:SSN 'Team News' tab shows Toure, Lescott, Bellamy and De Jong as doubtful.

SSN rarely get it right though. De Jong was fighting fit yesterday . Lescott did a full training session as well so is over his injury and the only reason I could imagine he wouldnt play is if the illness he has had as well is a problem still. I think he will be fine.
Toure and Bellers I am not so sure.

Alright taking this into acount I would go with,

- - - - - - - - - - - - Given

- - Zaba - - Lescott - - Richards - - Bridge

- - - - - - - - - - - de Jong

- - - - - - SWP - - Ireland - - Barry

- - - - - - - Adebayor - - Tevez
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:52 pm

ian494 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:--------------------------------Given--------------------------------

Mad Zabba-----------Toure---------------Joleon----------Bridge

-------------------Barry---------Schlong-----------------------------

Wright-Phillips------------Ireland------------------------Tevez

-----------------------------Adebayor-------------------------------

I'd go with LAHAD on this.

Who would you drop if Bellamy is fit?

Tevez.

I am probably going to get battered by the masses for this but I've not been that impressed with what I've seen of Senor Tevez. So far. It is early days though and I am not writing him off quite yet.

I'd go with:

--------------------------------Given--------------------------------

Mad Zabba-----------Richards---------------Joleon----------Bridge

-------------------Barry---------Schlong-----------------------------

Wright-Phillips------------Ireland------------------------Bellamy (if fit, Petrov if not)

-----------------------------Adebayor-------------------------------

I think that's a good team considering.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby MHiggi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm with you there Tokyo Blue. That's how we'll line up imo, with Petrov on the left.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Im also with you Tokyo on your verdict on Tevez, im hoping he will soon up his game....
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Im also with you Tokyo on your verdict on Tevez, im hoping he will soon up his game....

I haven't seen every minute he has played by any means, so maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the lad. I am convinced he will come good though. Maybe if he plays v Wigan it could happen today.

It is a bit of an odd feeling (though very pleasant indeed and slightly giddy) for City to be in a position where we can even think about dropping / resting a player of Tevez's undoubted quality and replacing him with a top class player.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm

A lot of the time the stuff he does is very unheralded, like when he chases down players, he forces them to play the ball quicker than they'd like and can cause passing errors even if he doesn't win the ball himself. I am not fond of his Dumbo goal celebration, but if that's the worst thing he has going for him then I think we are doing okay.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Slim wrote:A lot of the time the stuff he does is very unheralded, like when he chases down players, he forces them to play the ball quicker than they'd like and can cause passing errors even if he doesn't win the ball himself. I am not fond of his Dumbo goal celebration, but if that's the worst thing he has going for him then I think we are doing okay.

Agree with this he causes alot of problems which creates chances for the likes of Ade, and with Bramble at the back i'm sure Tevez could prove handy today. ;-)

The only game he has looked at his absoloute best was West Ham at home, however, we have to remember that he hasn't been 100% fit since he signed, first there was the heel problem then he was crocked for Argentina. He should start coming into his own around now tho.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Im also with you Tokyo on your verdict on Tevez, im hoping he will soon up his game....

Thats 2 cod then?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

Thats 2 cod then?

???

Is this some kind of code?
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

Thats 2 cod then?

???

Is this some kind of code?

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get this. I'm intrigued.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum