Training Friday 16/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 16/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Post internationals and they were thin on the ground today. Missing were Toure,Lescott,Bridge,SWP,Petrov,Barry,Bellamy,Tevez,Weiss and Nedum but the great news was that Benjani was back in full training.
The group today were filled out with Clayton,Tutte,Trippier,Ball,Cunningam,Vidal,Mee to make the numbers up. Good to see the spirit still high and the early exercises were as much for the fun part as getting loose.Then they moved into team play all about finding space , quick passing and switching the play. All through there was a good intensity and competitiveness. NDJ as ever flying into tackles but also good to see Vinnie getting stuck in ( even though it's the strong tackle that he needs to be wary of as he gets close to completing his comeback from the broken bone in the foot.)

Lescott did come out for some 1 to 1 stuff and the word is he should be ok. Apart from his injury he has also been ill for 2 or 3 days. The England trio plus probably Weiss and Petrov were given an extra day recovery and only Bridge is a little bit iffy although expected to play.Tevez gets back later today , Petrov wasn't mentioned but the 2 biggest worries are Toure and Bellers and in both cases I wouldnt expect chances would be taken.No signs of Robinho today but he would have been workingg inside today. The good news re Nedum was that the latest scan indicates the thigh tear had basically healed and he should be back in training in a week.Only a week earlier the scan had sugested a much longer lay off but a week in the oxygen thingy seems to have worked wonders.

The session ended with some crossing and finishing. Micah and Garrido doing the crossing and RSC with Stevie in the middle.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 16/10

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Nice one doug...... top notch as always!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Top read Doug nice one.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby dazlebluefrog » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:48 pm

as always doug great to read your reports ,i suppose tomorrow will give us a better clue as who plays sunday
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:51 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:as always doug great to read your reports ,i suppose tomorrow will give us a better clue as who plays sunday

Exactly right. They are training tomorrow but it won't be a morning session. Should give time to watch the academy and/or under 16's at swamp Carrington.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Micah can cross??
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Crossie wrote:Micah can cross??

You may think I jest but today he was crossing better ( for a while ) than Garrido! To be fair he was out there and it's not the first time he has worked on it at the end of a session.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby TonyM » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm

If Bridge is out I wonder if it'll be Sylvinho or Garrido to step in? Maybe Garrido if given a chance would do well? (P.S. I like the guy's attitude and still hope he can do enough to be consistently in and around the squad).
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Biamp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Cheers Doug, Another top stuff as usual. Was Ade out there?? And how did he look? Is there any doubt of any player and that he will be missing Sunday's game?

Hope everyone will be fit in time for the game on Sunday, especially Toure and Lescott.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, Another top stuff as usual. Was Ade out there?? And how did he look? Is there any doubt of any player and that he will be missing Sunday's game?

Hope everyone will be fit in time for the game on Sunday, especially Toure and Lescott.

Ade was out there albeit it with a fairly heavily bandaged hand. He looked ok if not special as he as done on some other training sessions. I fully expect Bridge to play but it will be down to how training goes tomorrow and reactions after it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, Another top stuff as usual. Was Ade out there?? And how did he look? Is there any doubt of any player and that he will be missing Sunday's game?

Ade was out there albeit it with a fairly heavily bandaged hand. He looked ok if not special as he as done on some other training sessions. I fully expect Bridge to play but it will be down to how training goes tomorrow and reactions after it.

Good stuff, do you think Johnno will start if Barry isn't fit enough?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Excellent read as always DH, this bit was particularly amusing ... "but the great news was that Benjani was back in full training"
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Chinners wrote:Excellent read as always DH, this bit was particularly amusing ... "but the great news was that Benjani was back in full training"

Glad you appreciated it.
I don't think Johnno would start if Barry wasn't fit but he will be so that won't be an issue. Vinnie maybe would be more likely to start before Johnno imo. I believe Vinnie is targeted to play a part in the reserves game next tuesday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Ermm maybe no toure, maybe no bridge?! So who the fuck is playing CB replacing our best defender? Micah?

Then again, we know hughes plays players no matter how fucked they are....
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Nick wrote:Ermm maybe no toure, maybe no bridge?! So who the fuck is playing CB replacing our best defender? Micah?

haha did you just fall out of bed on the wrong side? I think I have said Bridge is likely to play. If Toure doesn't play my guess would be Micah and it would give him a great chance to prove himself.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Nick wrote:Ermm maybe no toure, maybe no bridge?! So who the fuck is playing CB replacing our best defender? Micah?

haha did you just fall out of bed on the wrong side? I think I have said Bridge is likely to play. If Toure doesn't play my guess would be Micah and it would give him a great chance to prove himself.

Nick's just a "the glass is half empty"-kinda guy ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Hughes out!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Nick's just a "the glass is half empty"-kinda guy ...

More like why the hell is there nothing in the glass!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The group today were filled out with Clayton,Tutte,Trippier,Ball,Cunningam,Vidal,Mee to make the numbers up.

Doug, is that how it normally goes - they're brought in when the numbers are down - or is there a more cunning plan to get them all some time in with the senior squad?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The group today were filled out with Clayton,Tutte,Trippier,Ball,Cunningam,Vidal,Mee to make the numbers up.

Doug, is that how it normally goes - they're brought in when the numbers are down - or is there a more cunning plan to get them all some time in with the senior squad?

It's a bit of both I reckon but mostly to do with numbers. For some of the work/practices they need 20 outfield players.But who they take may well depend on the positions to be filled and there is a general consistency as to who gets chosen which gives the clues as to who might be closest to the main squad.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum