Training Friday 16/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Friday 16/10

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The group today were filled out with Clayton,Tutte,Trippier,Ball,Cunningam,Vidal,Mee to make the numbers up.

Doug, is that how it normally goes - they're brought in when the numbers are down - or is there a more cunning plan to get them all some time in with the senior squad?

It's a bit of both I reckon but mostly to do with numbers. For some of the work/practices they need 20 outfield players.But who they take may well depend on the positions to be filled and there is a general consistency as to who gets chosen which gives the clues as to who might be closest to the main squad.

so would you say that Clayton is close?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The group today were filled out with Clayton,Tutte,Trippier,Ball,Cunningam,Vidal,Mee to make the numbers up.

Doug, is that how it normally goes - they're brought in when the numbers are down - or is there a more cunning plan to get them all some time in with the senior squad?

It's a bit of both I reckon but mostly to do with numbers. For some of the work/practices they need 20 outfield players.But who they take may well depend on the positions to be filled and there is a general consistency as to who gets chosen which gives the clues as to who might be closest to the main squad.

Personally no I don't. He is a decent midfield player with a lot to learn.He would fit into the patterns they might want to play and fill in well for say Barry as he would have done today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Personally no I don't. He is a decent midfield player with a lot to learn.He would fit into the patterns they might want to play and fill in well for say Barry as he would have done today.

Thanks for the info Doug! So what level do you reckon he's at? Decent Championship side, lower end of the prem?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum