Worst away end ever

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Worst away end ever

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:11 pm

gillie wrote:The old Shay at Halifax what a shithole that was ankle deep in mud tin fookin roof with holes in not worthy to be called a shed.

It was a bloody nightmare watching speedway there too on a cold October night being pelted with shale..........I'd still turn the clock back and do it all again though
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby razor400 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE AYRESOME PARK

WOW CARL STYLEEE

Got to agree with that, getting crushed on the way out was insult to injury, absolute fucking arsehole of a place.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Filbert Street away end was fucking terrible, tiny piss stained shithole.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby M147WN » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 am

9secondlegend wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Springfield Park, Fulham, Rotherham, Mansfield were all pretty grim, but the biscuit has to be a few weeks ago when I went watching Accy Stanley.

That is without doubt the worst away end / ground in the country.

i had tickets for the home end at springfield park and it truley was a dump.and wet.

A night match against them at Springfield Park many years ago and it rained so much the first 2 or 3 steps are under water!
The only ground in the world who addressed the fences problem ....they built a moat!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:08 am

Post Office Road, following Swinton away to Featherstone Rovers in the Rugby League Challenge Cup. There weren't any away or home ends, no segregation, but at Featherstone they gave anyone from Lancashire the kind of welcome you get at Millwall. And though I don't remember it well, I think Tatters Field, home of Doncaster R.L., was probably a bit of a mess as far as spectator comforts go.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby citybluesmith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:11 am

Chesterfield in the league cup a few years ago.paid £15 for a ticket in an uncovered end,could not see the pitch at all and to top it of lost 2 1
citybluesmith
De Michelis's Pace

Postby steveo_88 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Macclesfield during the early 90s before they robbed that money off the FA to build a permanent side stand and tidy up the away end.

Other bad ones include Doncaster before they moved and the away end at Hull's old ground Boothferry Park. Cheltenham after they first came up clearly showed they had never played in the football league. Recently the Robins have invested in a couple of covered all seatered stands to clean up Whaddon Road.

Hartlepool wasn't a particularly bad away stand but it was absolutely freezing!
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Grob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:22 pm

If you never got the chance to visit springfield park, you probaby shouldnt bother with this thread.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:16 am

Fratton is a shit hole. Highfield road was also terrible. The toilets were just an empty room and you just pissed against the wall. Also Manor road. Both Oxford and Cov obviuosly have new grounds now. Fratton is still a shite hole.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:40 am

There have been several shitholes over the years.

Notts County's ground circa 1985, especially after the half-time "rioting", was poor. Let's just say you could see it was the oldest club in the world.

Yes, Springfield Park was pretty poor. I went for the League Cup game in 79 (?) and it was like watching professionals playing on a kids' playing field.

Cambridge United's Abbey Stadium was rather wank.

Norhtampton Town's County Ground, with the cricket field on one side, was poor, but interesting in terms of novelty value. (I wasn't watching City that day though, so maybe that doesn't count).

Fellow's Park, Walsall, was homely. You could talk to the players. Nigel Gleghorn was brilliant chatting to us when he went in nets.

I'd go for Notts County.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 am

Standing in the front of the scorebard end paddock at the swamp where you had to look up at the pitch
& the springfield park mud terrace
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby Hazy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:29 am

Chelsea, away in the 80's away fans were 2 miles from the pitch which had 15ft fencing, running track and the biggest touchline you ever saw. No roof, and chased back to the tube station however, Clive Allens goal made up for all of that.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am

Hazy wrote:Chelsea, away in the 80's away fans were 2 miles from the pitch which had 15ft fencing, running track and the biggest touchline you ever saw. No roof, and chased back to the tube station however, Clive Allens goal made up for all of that.

A fucking great goal. I bet you went barmy behind that net, Hazy.

Thanks for reminding me and putting a smile on my face.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Fish111 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Oldham back in the 80's when it had no roof, pissing down and nearly froze my balls off. Hated Oldham ever since.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Hazy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Hazy wrote:Chelsea, away in the 80's away fans were 2 miles from the pitch which had 15ft fencing, running track and the biggest touchline you ever saw. No roof, and chased back to the tube station however, Clive Allens goal made up for all of that.

A fucking great goal. I bet you went barmy behind that net, Hazy.

Thanks for reminding me and putting a smile on my face.

No probs anytime mate.One of the greatest ever goals, on a pitch which today the game would have been called off, how to silence a home crowd/Mob.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Springfield Park was an absolute hole, just grass, gravel and mud.

Also can't believe the old Den hasn't got a mention, with the creepy alleyway you had to negotiate to get to the away end, and once through the turnstile you were greeted by a floodlight, inside the ground. View was shocking.

Forest away on the old open terrace was also shite with a floodlight on the terrace too.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:25 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Post Office Road, following Swinton away to Featherstone Rovers in the Rugby League Challenge Cup. There weren't any away or home ends, no segregation, but at Featherstone they gave anyone from Lancashire the kind of welcome you get at Millwall. And though I don't remember it well, I think Tatters Field, home of Doncaster R.L., was probably a bit of a mess as far as spectator comforts go.

fuckin hell i could have a list as long as my arm if we were on about rugby league grounds! with station road high up there on the list! (and that is from swinton fan!!!)
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum