Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:02 am

Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez has threatened to quit the Argentina national team in protest at criticism directed at him in his home country.Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... icism.html

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes insists he is only planning to make minimal adjustments to his squad in the January transfer window.: Manchester Evening News http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... pectations

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is set for showdown talks with Tottenham as he fears he may miss out on the World Cup because of a lack of first-team football at White Hart Lane. Daily Mail

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez admits he would love to bring back Emile Heskey if Aston Villa made him available in the transfer window.Daily Mirror

Botlon manager Gary Megson has insisted that the club will be in a strong position to secure a "market-driven" fee for defender Gary Cahill next summer.Daily Telegraph

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... isa-dergan

OTHER GOSSIP
Gianfranco Zola has pledged his future to West Ham despite the off-field problems at the club and a link with old club Napoli. Daily Mirror

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson says he hasn't been contacted about the vacant Sweden job - but admits talks have yet to start over extending his contract at Craven Cottage. Daily Mirror

Manager Alex McLeish has insisted a new contract is the furthest thing from his mind after the beginning of the Carson Yeung era at Birmingham. Daily Mirror

Manager Martin O'Neill has warned Emile Heskey that he will have to ditch his nice guy act if he is to return to Aston Villa's first team.Daily Mail

Harry Redknapp has revealed his desperation to see an end to his two years of hell over tax allegations. Daily Mirror

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes that football is heading for financial catastrophe and that a "major club" could collapse by overspending.Times

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Rio Ferdinand his first-team status for Manchester United and England will be in doubt unless he raises his performance level. Daily Mirror

David Beckham may have to miss England's friendly against Brazil next month because of commitments to the Los Angeles Galaxy.The Times

Alan Shearer still harbours hopes of returning to manage Newcastle but is not going to live his life waiting for something to happen.
Guardian

AND FINALLY
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has reenacted Paul Whitehouse's spoof advert about his former club Plymouth's away fans. "Everywhere I go these days, people yell 'Green Army' at me. It has never really gone away, even though I left Plymouth two years ago," he said.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 am

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes insists he is only planning to make minimal adjustments to his squad in the January transfer window.: Manchester Evening News http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... pectations

So, it looks like we're in the mrket again come January; but who will be the target?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

So, it looks like we're in the mrket again come January; but who will be the target?

That's the interesting thing; the talk was previously about us probably NOT buying but this hints that we probably will be. I can't see any glaring weaknesses but if there is a possible weak spot it has to be at right back surely?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's the interesting thing; the talk was previously about us probably NOT buying but this hints that we probably will be. I can't see any glaring weaknesses but if there is a possible weak spot it has to be at right back surely?

With the reports coming out about Maicon, I can see him being one but I can also see us going in for a big name attacking midfielder; as well as some CB cover.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Vhero » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:58 am

Another team after Heskey? You would think the guy is top bollocks the amount of teams that go for that guy.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:11 am

I would love to see Hodgson as the new coach for Sweden. We need a new influx from abroad. At the same time, he has a lot of experience with Swedish football. He certainly would be better than Sven, who also seems to be a candidate.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

A right back and a midfielder (no, Im not ITK)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm

defo a right back, if Johnno and Kompany come through well enough we should be okay in the midfield.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum