Training Saturday 17/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Saturday 17/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:05 pm

A strange scenario listening to 5 live as the regular saturday games are going ahead but watching City train starting at 3.45pm.
Still missing Toure and Bellamy ( and Ned) who must be considered extremely doubtful for tomorrow but evryone else seem fine.

Bridge didnt seem hampered by his groin problem as he was out quite early and firing shots at one of the buggies which came out with some equipment ( he wasn't a great shot but struck them well). Everyone was in great spirits and the keep ball circles looked great fun with banter flying around and plenty of jibes aimed mostly at Bowen who was taking part. One group did some different warm ups to most but they were the England players plus Petrov and Weiss who had all played on Wednesday.Petrov looked fine although he did have a knee bandage on.

They moved onto some attacking moves building from the back ,which to be honest weren't the most successful, but the best finisher by far was Benjani. Not joking at all as he showed excellent composure and was finding the corner well and of course with a big smile. Then it was into a half pitch game with no holds barred and some good play all round in little space.Micah was playing with real determination with some great challenges but as ever he has to remain focussed and sometimes especially after he has done something good.

After some had departed the remainder stayed for some finishing practice. Strangely Benjani didn't take a full part in this although he stayed out. I can only assume that could be because he is under orders not to take on full shots just yet as part of his recovery.Bridge wanted to take some shots but was told he musnt as he has had a groin problem and it wouldnt be a wise move. He said he had only been kidding about the groin injury and wanted just one shot! that raised a good laugh around but maybe you had to be there.

As the balls were fed in quite hard some of the first touches were very good although the finishing a bit mixed. Right at the end the coaches had a go and Hughes fired plenty over the fence and generally was garbage. But it gave the watching few a chance to throw a few back until one fan decided to steal one of the balls.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 17/10

Postby Biamp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Cheers Doug, another great report. So Lescott was out today? And how did he look? Is Tevez back yet? And did he train? And what about Barry?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Nice one Doug.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, another great report. So Lescott was out today? And how did he look? Is Tevez back yet? And did he train? And what about Barry?

All 3 were out there training and looking ok. Tevez maybe not looking that good but he only arrived back last night.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanx doug...Enjoyed that m8..Just hope Toure is fit for tmoz.Wonder who will get the captaincy if he isnt.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, another great report. So Lescott was out today? And how did he look? Is Tevez back yet? And did he train? And what about Barry?

All 3 were out there training and looking ok. Tevez maybe not looking that good but he only arrived back last night.

A good nights Kip for Carlos and he will be reet.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Biamp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Cheers..
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Cheers doug, you really are the best thing about this site that isn't me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:49 am

Was another good training session yesterday. But Doug, I can not believe you forgot about the sprinklers and Hughes getting wet lol. And a few others. You had to be there to see it though!!

I was watching the keepers nearly all session last night. Shay was superb as always and Toby and Taylor was also keeping very well. I wonder if City will renew Stuart Taylors Contract? As it is only a one year contract but he is a very good keeper and great backup to have for Shay Given.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum