McClaren

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

McClaren

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 pm

We all made jokes about him after the "fake-Dutch-accent-interview", but he's actually doing a great job by Twente. We struggled with them in the UEFA Cup last year, but this year they're even better.They're on top of their group after two games in the Europa League, and even more imprressive, they're still unbeaten after ten games in the Dutch competition - 8 wins and 2 draws. Today they beat last season's champion, AZ, with an injury time goal.

McClaren is still a clown, but he seems to hav found his right element (Dutch farmers).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: McClaren

Postby Redna » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 pm

In life you need to be at the right place in the right time and if your lucky everything wideopens.
Mr Gardner for exampel was an inbreed ,introvert wanker who became cream della cream in the financial world. A movie sure but still.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 am

The last English manager to take his team to a European final?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:25 am

mr_nool wrote:We all made jokes about him after the "fake-Dutch-accent-interview", but he's actually doing a great job by Twente. We struggled with them in the UEFA Cup last year, but this year they're even better.They're on top of their group after two games in the Europa League, and even more imprressive, they're still unbeaten after ten games in the Dutch competition - 8 wins and 2 draws. Today they beat last season's champion, AZ, with an injury time goal.

McClaren is still a clown, but he seems to hav found his right element (Dutch farmers).

that was fake?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum