Rate the Ref - Alan Wiley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rate the Ref - Alan Wiley

Postby blueyorkie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:23 am

Not the worst performance i've seen by any means but his booking of Zabba in the first half was extremely harsh and i am sure he will think so when he sees it again. The penalty incident was a mistake as well, if he thought the defender touched the ball then he should have given a corner.
49 years and I'm still here
blueyorkie
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:29 am

blueyorkie wrote:Not the worst performance i've seen by any means but his booking of Zabba in the first half was extremely harsh and i am sure he will think so when he sees it again. The penalty incident was a mistake as well, if he thought the defender touched the ball then he should have given a corner.

Good shout mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 am

Is the ban for two yellows the same as a straight red? Can we appeal against a yellow card?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Had a decent game. He chose a line with decisions early on and stuck to it.

Zab deserved to go. It wasn't penalty for me and had that been on the other end and given I would be fuming.

We played quite poorly again and didn't deserve more than point, if that. These efforts to pass the blame are cringeworthy.

The only cringeworthy thing is this thread is your blatant misreading of the game YET AGAIN.

Zab deserved to go? So therefore you agree with the first yellow? WRONG

And what in God's name are you talking about it 'wasn't a penalty for me'.... are you completely blind? Thomas got the player and NONE of the ball, inside the box. That is a yellow card and a penalty, whether it is for you, me, tome dick or fucking harry.

They are the rules.

'Not for me' indeed.

And then saying that these MAJOR MAJOR decisions are not to blame for the way the game went. Unbelievable.

You're reading of the game is appalling.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Had a decent game. He chose a line with decisions early on and stuck to it.

Zab deserved to go. It wasn't penalty for me and had that been on the other end and given I would be fuming.

We played quite poorly again and didn't deserve more than point, if that. These efforts to pass the blame are cringeworthy.

The only cringeworthy thing is this thread is your blatant misreading of the game YET AGAIN.

Zab deserved to go? So therefore you agree with the first yellow? WRONG

And what in God's name are you talking about it 'wasn't a penalty for me'.... are you completely blind? Thomas got the player and NONE of the ball, inside the box. That is a yellow card and a penalty, whether it is for you, me, tome dick or fucking harry.

They are the rules.

'Not for me' indeed.

And then saying that these MAJOR MAJOR decisions are not to blame for the way the game went. Unbelievable.

You're reading of the game is appalling.

He was last player so it would've been RED card and a penalty. But truth is, they were both tugging each others shirts and if you look it again Swp is starting to fall even before defender goes for the ball. Besides freekick is given in position where the motion that lead to freekick started and if there was anything there it would've been outside box anyway.

Lousy excuses for fairly poor performance.

When Zabaleta went off Wigan had 10 goal scoring opportunities to ours 4. But you are going on about refs performance and failing to see tactical mistakes we made.

Keep happy clapping with your crew of Grob and Douglas.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Where do you get that from? I never mentioned anything to do with that in the original post, but merely asked with regard to Taggarts comments and the fact that I thought he got a lot of decisions wrong. I think the cringeworthyness is actually exuding from your post mate as you seem to want to blame someone for our draw with 10 men.

As for Zab being sent off, yes, the second challenge was a bit wreckless but he didn't actually touch the player. As for the first, well if you think that was worthy of a yellow card then I can only guess you have ulterior motives.

You also mention that it was definately not a penalty and that it was outside of the box anyway (possibly clouding the issue), when in fact they were jostling outside the box (nothing wrong with that) and once inside, his leg comes across and takes Shauns left knee causing him to fall (bit similar to the Robinho penalty last year). The only thing that Wiley had in his favour was that from his position, he could've seen it as if he'd got the ball, but in that case he should've given a corner. So either way, he got it wrong and did not have the bottle to send one of their players off; bad refereeing!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Where do you get that from? I never mentioned anything to do with that in the original post, but merely asked with regard to Taggarts comments and the fact that I thought he got a lot of decisions wrong. I think the cringeworthyness is actually exuding from your post mate as you seem to want to blame someone for our draw with 10 men.

As for Zab being sent off, yes, the second challenge was a bit wreckless but he didn't actually touch the player. As for the first, well if you think that was worthy of a yellow card then I can only guess you have ulterior motives.

You also mention that it was definately not a penalty and that it was outside of the box anyway (possibly clouding the issue), when in fact they were jostling outside the box (nothing wrong with that) and once inside, his leg comes across and takes Shauns left knee causing him to fall (bit similar to the Robinho penalty last year). The only thing that Wiley had in his favour was that from his position, he could've seen it as if he'd got the ball, but in that case he should've given a corner. So either way, he got it wrong and did not have the bottle to send one of their players off; bad refereeing!

Amen!

I challenge anyone to fight these facts. Definitely not a penalty... hahahahaha good one.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:15 pm

All opinions, I didn't think it was either, mind I certainly wouldn't of complained had we be given it but as said previously would have been gutted if that was given against us. For me it was 50-50 barging with SWP going to ground too soon, still irrelevant now.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Chinners wrote:All opinions, I didn't think it was either, mind I certainly wouldn't of complained had we be given it but as said previously would have been gutted if that was given against us. For me it was 50-50 barging with SWP going to ground too soon, still irrelevant now.

I agree with that.

Would've been absolutely gutted if it had been given against us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Chinners wrote:All opinions, I didn't think it was either, mind I certainly wouldn't of complained had we be given it but as said previously would have been gutted if that was given against us. For me it was 50-50 barging with SWP going to ground too soon, still irrelevant now.

I agree with that.

Would've been absolutely gutted if it had been given against us.

I'd be gutted too. Just like I am about every penalty awarded against us.

But if I saw the replay, like I did in this case, I would have no complaints. The defender swung for the ball, which SWP knocked out of his way and as a result the defender got player and not ball. No matter where that happens, its a foul.

I really can't believe that there are folk that think it's up for discussion... this isn't interpretation or personal taste, this is straight forward as it gets gentlemen.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Obviously not that straightforward or the ref would have given it Dubs
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Chinners wrote:Obviously not that straightforward or the ref would have given it Dubs

The ref is shit though, fergie said so.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:25 am

Ah, good point ... carry on
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site