Vincent Kompany signs new 5yr deal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vincent Kompany signs new 5yr deal

Postby Grob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 pm

johnnyondioline wrote:“It is so much more comfortable being in a squad where everyone is giving their all.”

Hmmm

I can see his point but I do still miss Elano a little.

Vince has the tools and the talent. Maybe all he needs is the oppotunity?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:31 am

I'm massive fan of him. I like his style. I know some think he isn't good enough on the ball but I'd disagree with that as well. He may not be as stylish as some other players but certainly as effective. I just hope he has patience as right now he is second choice defensive midfielder and second choice central defender. I seem to remember him playing rightback little while in Anderlecht.... Hint hint.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm massive fan of him. I like his style. I know some think he isn't good enough on the ball but I'd disagree with that as well. He may not be as stylish as some other players but certainly as effective. I just hope he has patience as right now he is second choice defensive midfielder and second choice central defender. I seem to remember him playing rightback little while in Anderlecht.... Hint hint.

I think "they" are well aware of that and let's say you never know.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm massive fan of him. I like his style. I know some think he isn't good enough on the ball but I'd disagree with that as well. He may not be as stylish as some other players but certainly as effective. I just hope he has patience as right now he is second choice defensive midfielder and second choice central defender. I seem to remember him playing rightback little while in Anderlecht.... Hint hint.

Interesting. I didn't know he'd played right back & tbh he looks just..well..the wrong shape for a RB to me but having seen us compete for the league with Kenny Clements playing there I wouldn't rule anything out! We could also play Toure at RB in some games & Vinny at CB. Toure would probably be better than anyone else at RB if he was willing to do it..

Re def midfield. We all wonder how VK can fit in but when you think about it, he's not just cover for DeJong but also for Barry. Sooner or later Barry will need resting or get injured.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 am

I'd certainly be more than happy having big Vincent at right back....at least for a few games to see how he does.

I like him a lot as a player and I think he has the intelligence to adapt to playing that position in the premiership. I think he has enough pace to keep Micah out of the side as well as better positioning/intelligence and is also as hard a tackler as Zabba whilst potentially being a bit less hot-headed.

I liked him very much last season when he played in the more advanced role he played a couple of times so i think that he could do a job coming forward on the flank.

My only question mark would be his ability to whip in balls from the wing....guidance from Higginbottom welcome on this point
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Interesting. I didn't know he'd played right back & tbh he looks just..well..the wrong shape for a RB to me but having seen us compete for the league with Kenny Clements playing there I wouldn't rule anything out! We could also play Toure at RB in some games & Vinny at CB. Toure would probably be better than anyone else at RB if he was willing to do it..

Re def midfield. We all wonder how VK can fit in but when you think about it, he's not just cover for DeJong but also for Barry. Sooner or later Barry will need resting or get injured.

With a square head the ball is bound to go straight forward. Ideal for setting up the winger!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum