Sunday Supplement on Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday Supplement on Sky

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

I know that this is a subject that has been raised before - but I had thought that a couple of months into the new season might have seen a change in the bias levels of this programme.

I have just watched it this morning - recorded from yesterday and I was frankly staggered at the level of bias towards the scum and the dismissal of CITY

These hacks chosen to appear must be selected for their level of bias

The majority of the 1st half was given over to how good the scum are and in particular a section on whether baconface should be charged - the level of sucking up to him was cringeworthy

And when there was talk about the top 4 being broken up the guy from the telegraph - Henry Winter mentioned a number of teams - except CITY - who might threaten that group

All through the programme when ever CITY's name came up the guy hosting it jumped in and said - don't speak about CITY because I want to talk about them later - then in a fag end session for 4 mins at the end they talked about Robinho going - and all things negative

Just gobsmacked - and this was probably a tame one compared to most
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Sunday Supplement on Sky

Postby Craig B » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 pm

To be fair it's only certain individuals or should I say cunts that have it in for us, namely Ian McGarry and Henry Winter (who was on yesterday's show). I watched it a couple of weeks back when Neil Custis (who also works for The Sun like McGarry) turned the programme into a City wankfest - he was praising us to high heaven and he got The Mail's Martin Samuel at it too. I'll admit yesterday's show was a bit dull with all the crap about whether Sir Jock McTaggart should be charged or not - Winter kept on drawling on about how great Fergie is and how we owe him such a debt of gratitute for turning Shrek into such a great player. To be fair Woolnough did say to Winter "..yeah but what's that go to do with the FA charge.." or words to that effect. You're right though, when the other two mentioned City, Woolnough kept saying wait because we'll talk about City later when they got the Super Sunday preview but I get the impression they pretty much ran out of time as they always do. Have you ever noticed it says at the beginning on the ticker at the bottom of the screen "..subjects coming up.." and proceeds to go through loads that never get mentioned - I assume it's because they always run out of time. It's an okay hangover programme most of the time.. as long as the two aforementioned twats aren't on.. oh and that fat twat Steve Curry too! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Agree with OP and posted it before.

Last week they were talking about the NoTW list of club debts - 'even manchester City are in there with 130+ million....' said the idiots, all 4 failing to note it was based on all accounts ending in 2008. In the same breath they also said no top player is a manager in the top flight. They just completely discount City altogether.

Couldn't believe yesterday how they all supported Taggart saying he didn't deserve to be punished. Twats.

The only way to silence the fools is to get to the top of the table and stay there. Hopefully our next few fixtures may give us the chance.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby razor400 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Its shit, so I quite simply don't bother watching it.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Fish111 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:13 pm

I've only ever watched that tripe once and even then i thought what a bunch of dicks they are. Whose opinions do they think they are representing anyway?
Last edited by Fish111 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Fish111 wrote:I've only ever wayched that tripe once and even then i thought what a bunch of dicks they are. Whose opinions do they think they are representing anyway? Only their own imo.

Last time I watched that I'm sure Jimmy Hill was hosting it, shows how long ago !
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum