Given missing Dunne?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Given missing Dunne?

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Since the big man left for Villa, I am not sure Shay has looked quite as assured or confident as he did with Richard before.

I think the two of them had a professional understanding and personal friendship from their international duties that is being missed now.

Anyone else worried about the effect Dunne's departure has had on Given, is this just my imagination?
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: Given missing Dunne?

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Probs your imagination mate lol.

He has been having laughs in training and has always looked enthusiastic. He is doing superb in training every time i go to watch him.
Also in matches, He has looked composed and always will do. He will always be a quality keeper and arguably one of the best in the prem! If anything, it will just take a bit of time for the new centre backs to get to know shay and the other way round and know how to interact properly in matches.

Dunne's departure will not affect him one bit. After all shay is a professional and he is here to do a job!!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:39 pm

They have an excellent understanding at international level and I'm sure it will take a little bit of getting used to the new lads, but its only a matter of time when you mix top quality with top quality...

Shay is one of the best in the world. He has been for some time its just he's got the right platform now.

Lets just say I have no concerns whatsoever over the form of our no1!
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:They have an excellent understanding at international level and I'm sure it will take a little bit of getting used to the new lads, but its only a matter of time when you mix top quality with top quality...

Shay is one of the best in the world. He has been for some time its just he's got the right platform now.

Lets just say I have no concerns whatsoever over the form of our no1!

i dont think the question was simply about Given, tho it reads that way. Point being, is Dunne missing creating a lack of cohesion and understanding with Given and Toure which is impacting Lescott, etc.

The answer would have to be, "yes."

i don't think Lescott is as shit as he's looked. yesterday was fucking amazing...he looked horrible really, and in front of Golem.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum