Carlos Tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos Tevez

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:44 pm

I wish he'd settle in and hit some form already. We are not seeing even a shade of what he's capable of.

I thought the 2nd Half today he was virtually anonymous.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Carlos Tevez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:58 pm

He only seems capable of playing 45mins at the mo. First half he always looks good, second half you forget he's even on the pitch. That's been happening all season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

He seems to always require a lot of space and time to turn when he's got it. When he's in the box, he can turn pretty sharpish, so I don't know why it is. By the time he's got himself a better position on the ball, all the players around him have been closed down, and he's left himself with limited options.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Thought he played quite well for most of the game today better than he has been.
When SWP came on he seemed to drop his performance level a bit
I think he benefitted from SWP not being on the picth and doing his job and looked a bit lost when SWP came back.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:41 am

I still wouldnt swap him for any of the strikers we have had in the previous 4 seasons.

Samaras, Corradi, Bianchi, Fowler, Benjani, Mpenza, etc etc etc.

He has missed plenty of sitters this season, as long as he starts netting a few more, i dont care if he goes AWOL in the 2nd half, its goals that count.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:51 pm

I think he is an overrated player, he is just like a Young bellamy but everyone thinks he is a legend because he disrespected the rags and came to us . I’ll be happy if he gets 10 goals this season but he does work his socks off ill give him that “that’s all you need to be a good player in the premier league “ I’d have Swp over him any day of the week.
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby cjhaz69 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:18 pm

from where i was sitting yesterday it wasnt tevez who went quiet it was us bypassing him with the long ball to ade who just wasnt winning it, as a result he hardly had a kick second half.
cjhaz69
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby stinky pete » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 pm

he isn,t fit yet?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:50 pm

cjhaz69 wrote:from where i was sitting yesterday it wasnt tevez who went quiet it was us bypassing him with the long ball to ade who just wasnt winning it, as a result he hardly had a kick second half.

Thats the way i saw it 2...From where i was sat he had plenty of the ball in the 1st half and some of his attackin on the right was brill.
2nd half he didnt get the service atall.So obviously had a quiet time.
Far 2 many times in the 2nd half the ball was getting played long to Ade..Iv no arguments with this tactic but it was over played and our wide play suffered.
I wish Superman would have started this one..We needed the killer pass from him in MF and when he did come on it was 2 late
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 pm

All I want to see from Tevez is a bit more movement to create space and angles to receive the ball. When he gets it he bursts into action but he needs to work more with Ade to give better options the midfield. I also have no doubt that Stevie is the best midfielder we have to find those angles. I hope Wednesday Stevie plays and proves this.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:All I want to see from Tevez is a bit more movement to create space and angles to receive the ball. When he gets it he bursts into action but he needs to work more with Ade to give better options the midfield. I also have no doubt that Stevie is the best midfielder we have to find those angles. I hope Wednesday Stevie plays and proves this.

Same here m8.
Even though Stevies early form wasnt as good as last season..We were unbeaten...Since hes lost his place mainly due to injury..We have dropped points as of late.
Personally i prefer Ireland and barry partnership than De Jong..I do rate Nige highly but like you mentioned Stevies vision at finding those tight angles to make the killer pass is sadly missing from our play at the minute.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Thank God. When I read the title I thought it was another "Tevez coming to City?" thread. That was the longest thread ever. I cant believe how we managed living the whole saga. People where running out of patience. The ITK posts were amazing though.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 am

There's a major thing, he joined with the squad late in pre-season because of the injury he suffered in South Africa. So he needs some time until he hits the ground running.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Well, missing the entirety of pre-season is a hard thing to just throw to one side as you miss a good 7 or 8 games, which is roughly what Tevez has played now.

There is no doubting his quality, we've seen what he can do in the prem for both West Ham and United. How important he was for the cunts last season even though Taggart was making life as difficult as possible for him because of the price he paid for Berbaflop.

The biggest clubs on the planet wanted him to sign for him and we got him. He is a rarity in the modern game IMO - a player that never stops harrassing the opposition and can produce moments of world class when its really needed. The comparisons to Bellamy are fair.... but only because of the season that Bellamy has had so far. Tevez has done it on the biggest stage, consistantly for some years now and is still only 25. The space he creates allows others in and that is as vital as putting the ball in the net IMO.

I have absolutely no concerns about whether he'll come good. For me he has already proved his quality through his three goals and two assists while still not hitting top form or being fully fit. The contribution that pleased me the most and IMO summed up Carlos Tevez was how he closed down Ben Foster, took the ball from him and gave the perfect ball for Barry to score. How many players would have even bothered to chase that ball down? Very, very few!

It keeps getting mentioned but we'll see indivduals getting better and better as the team gels and players learn how to play to their team mates' strenghts, just like we saw from Stevie and Robinho last season... neither of which are in the team now!
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Gloryhunter123 wrote:I think he is an overrated player, he is just like a Young bellamy but everyone thinks he is a legend because he disrespected the rags and came to us . I’ll be happy if he gets 10 goals this season but he does work his socks off ill give him that “that’s all you need to be a good player in the premier league “ I’d have Swp over him any day of the week.

Georgie Best? Is that you Georgie??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Fish111 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:56 pm

If anyone thought Tevez was/is an out and out centre forward then they were very much mistaken. What you'll get from Tevez when he is fully fit is a workhorse, a rich mans Dickov if you like, he will chase lost causes and put defenders & goalkeepers under pressure. His start with City has been a little hit & miss because of injury and travelling to Argentina every few weeks, he now has a while without interruption at City so should get better over the next few weeks but don't expect 15-20 goals from him because you'll be disappointed.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Gloryhunter123 wrote:I think he is an overrated player, he is just like a Young bellamy but everyone thinks he is a legend because he disrespected the rags and came to us . I’ll be happy if he gets 10 goals this season but he does work his socks off ill give him that “that’s all you need to be a good player in the premier league “ I’d have Swp over him any day of the week.

He has a quality that SWP can only dream about mate. He's a little ring-rusty, but will come good. In fact he nearly had 2 or 3 Sunday because of the positions he gets in.

We need players who can retain the ball at least up to the oppo penalty box, and SWP is high on the list of people who usually give it away.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum