Todays Result

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Todays Result

Postby TrueBlue82 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Like most after todays result i was sick as a dog, angry that we had missed a big opportunity to go to 3rd in the table.

our defense seems to be getting worse rather than better and its frustrating.

other results yesterday and today went our way, with hammers coming back from 2 goals down aswell.

guess im just dissapointed we didnt take a chance to be in the mix although one win and we are.

What with the expectation put on us this season im tempted to downhearted but the optimistic part of me from being a city fan all these years thinks (hopes) we can get it together and not be miles off the pace come xmas.

but sort the bloody defence out Leslie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: Todays Result

Postby shawzy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 pm

It was a weird atmosphere at coms today..The place was buzzing 1st half and when we went 2 up it was electric.
As soon as Fulham scored everyone in the ground seem to know they were gonna score again.The whole place just went dead.
Its dejavu with Fulham.Fucked off is an understatement.Im fuming about our 2nd half defensive display.
Like you mentioned.Near all other results went our way and we didnt take advantage.
I would deffo drop Lescott for Kompany or Ned when fit.Zabba for Micah.Then strengthen in Jan if needed.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:42 am

It's been mentioned before but I think we are positioned perfectly. Lurking just behind the leaders keeps the spotlight and pressure off us. We can go about our business and come home with a late charge.

Chelsea and scouse1 were the only big teams to benefit from the weekend.

Great league at the moment.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:30 am

Ive always suspected we would be stronger in the new year - the squad will be a lot more used to each other and they all should have enough match time to function at the top of their game, plus a lot of the teams around us will have European fixtures to worry about and stretch their squad leaving us to potentially field a more full strength first eleven (particularly after the Cup of Nations). If we can keep the points ticking over in the runup to Christmas and stay in sight of the top four I think we can improve a lot later on.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bluez » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 am

shawzy wrote:It was a weird atmosphere at coms today..The place was buzzing 1st half and when we went 2 up it was electric.
As soon as Fulham scored everyone in the ground seem to know they were gonna score again.The whole place just went dead.
Its dejavu with Fulham.Fucked off is an understatement.Im fuming about our 2nd half defensive display.
Like you mentioned.Near all other results went our way and we didnt take advantage.
I would deffo drop Lescott for Kompany or Ned when fit.Zabba for Micah.Then strengthen in Jan if needed.

Does that play a role in our "typical city" tag? The players must be able to feel the change in atmosphere and its only human to be affected.
Before fans start to complain about the team, maybe we should look closer to home?
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 am

Bluez wrote:
shawzy wrote:It was a weird atmosphere at coms today..The place was buzzing 1st half and when we went 2 up it was electric.

Does that play a role in our "typical city" tag? The players must be able to feel the change in atmosphere and its only human to be affected.
Before fans start to complain about the team, maybe we should look closer to home?

its a good point. the first fulham goal flattened the atmosphere, massive collective "here we go again".

funny song about "who's the fag in the pink/white/black" though.
The Man In Blue

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 am

Bluez wrote:

I have said this for a while now.

If we want to help us be at the top end of the Premier League we have stop being 2nd division supporters!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 am

couldn't agree more em, i really believe that the supporters play a big part in terms of stuff like that. but at the end of the day, you can't help what you're feeling. a ground full of people who have seen us sacrifice countless leads to fulham, added to the fact that its man city, how are you not going to be nervous. in terms of us, it's yet another missed opportunity and i wish people would stop making excuses saying that we're always going to be better in the new year and things like that, maybe the players and manager need to be under pressure.

pissed off.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 am

Dare I say "typical City" syndrome.

Two very winnable games and we end up drawing both. Birmingham away and Burnley at home are must wins with knobs on if we are to maintain our lofty ambitions with any credibility.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

Well i woke up this morning and the thought that we could have gone fourth just pissed me of, And to make matters worse they came back from two goals down and we were at home!! How did we let it slip!!!!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Well i woke up this morning and the thought that we could have gone fourth just pissed me of, And to make matters worse they came back from two goals down and we were at home!! How did we let it slip!!!!

Good job you were not thinking about 3rd then - it would really have spoilt your day!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum