Poor first half performan ces

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Poor first half performan ces

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 pm

At Wigan we were poor in the first half.
At Villa we were poor in the first half.
Today we were poor in the first half.

Why?

Or is it just me who thinks so?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Poor first half performan ces

Postby Craig B » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 pm

I thought we were poor in both halves today to be honest. The goals glossed over what was a very shoddy display from City all round.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 am

we are missing the midfield magic of the robinho-ireland-barry-swp combo.
we dominated the first few games in midfield with these guys.
we don't seem to be possessing the ball in the center of the park anymore.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 am

Dingus McDouchey wrote:we are missing the midfield magic of the robinho-ireland-barry-swp combo.

this is the key.
Barry and Ireland combo worked well and was fairly positive. Barry and De Jong, while good players on their own, offer little going forward and nothing when it comes to creativity and looking for openings in defence. Barry is good at arriving late to box but isn't really the playmaker we are missing.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 am

I have been wondering this for a few games now. We seem to start very slowly for some reason and imo 4.4.2 doesnt seem to suit the team. Yesterday was just overall a poor showing against a very well organised team. I can take us struggling to break teams down though but what I found really disappointing was how easily a team like Fulham got at our defence and look threatening almost every time they attacked.I can't put my finger on it but we seemed to lack energy yesterday.
I would definitely like to see Ireland back in and the 2 wide players in a 4.3.3 given the job of getting in and around Ade .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I have been wondering this for a few games now. We seem to start very slowly for some reason and imo 4.4.2 doesnt seem to suit the team. Yesterday was just overall a poor showing against a very well organised team. I can take us struggling to break teams down though but what I found really disappointing was how easily a team like Fulham got at our defence and look threatening almost every time they attacked.I can't put my finger on it but we seemed to lack energy yesterday.
I would definitely like to see Ireland back in and the 2 wide players in a 4.3.3 given the job of getting in and around Ade .

I'm in a state of complete shock! I fully agree with that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Twobob » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dingus McDouchey wrote:we are missing the midfield magic of the robinho-ireland-barry-swp combo.

this is the key.
Barry and Ireland combo worked well and was fairly positive. Barry and De Jong, while good players on their own, offer little going forward and nothing when it comes to creativity and looking for openings in defence. Barry is good at arriving late to box but isn't really the playmaker we are missing.

Have to agree, was trying to watch yesterday how De Jong passed the ball and it was usualy negative or sideways passing - same with barry. They both mean we keep possesion by selecting the easy pass but some times I could see openings for a decent through ball or a more possitive pass but they opted for the easy ball.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:19 am

Doesnt help that alot of our players have knocks or niggles, we are walking wounded at the moment.

Ade only trained on sat, so obviously another 24 hours doesnt mean he is suddenly 100% fit

Tevez hasnt been 100% yet

Petrov was just getting back into 100% territory yesterday, then goes off with an injury

SWP get nailed every game

Ireland is knackered

Bellamy cant play twice a week and was coming back from injury also

Toure coming back from injury

Micah injured recently

RSC -

Leave us with Barry, NDJ, Bridge, Given being our only 100% fit players who havent struggled at some point this season.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 pm

It's Weiss time.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby M147WN » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Twobob wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

this is the key.

Have to agree, was trying to watch yesterday how De Jong passed the ball and it was usualy negative or sideways passing - same with barry. They both mean we keep possesion by selecting the easy pass but some times I could see openings for a decent through ball or a more possitive pass but they opted for the easy ball.

This is de Jongs role! Break up play, win it & give it someone more creative. lately there's been no 'creative' plyer to give it to. Not his fault.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby dazby » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:02 am

I don't think Tevez has found a creative brother on the park yet. He's a bit of a one man show. Hopefully he'll link up with someone soon.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum