Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah Richards

Postby The Original Special One » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
shortagain wrote:I think he is worse than Lescott, many times last season, Dunne was dragged out of the middle trying to cover for Richards who was often out of position (2006 would have been able to recover). In many games this season either Toure or Lescott are being pulled away from their areas having to cover for Richards. His postional play is awful and his desire to get back and defend is non existent.

As long as he plays, we will win nothing unless he can be restored to his former fitness, which I doubt will ever happen as his attitude is all wrong.

Zab will be back Wednesday, but we should try SWP at wing back, his disire will get him through or switch Kolo and bring Vinnie in alongside Lescott

People laughed at me pre-season when I said that I would play SWP before Richards at RB - pace - effort - attitude - can cross - can get past players - gets back into position quickly and can tackle

I didn't

I actually had to laugh, watching the highlights last night,.....well you do, don't you?.....to see him putting his hands high up in the air, like a ballet dancer,...to try to stop a cross being put in.

The guy is just a total embarassment now.

Perhaps we can offload him to Evertn?
They owe us, after all
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 am

I believe he will be back to form, and he will sort himself as soon as possible. And I still believe in his ability.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby shortagain » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:53 am

Biamp wrote:I believe he will be back to form, and he will sort himself as soon as possible. And I still believe in his ability.

Then you will wake up. Richards is living in a fantasy world where he actually thinks he is still a good player who has improved his game since 2007.

He also lives in a dream world whilst we experience the nightmares!
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:43 am

Simple. Micah's been shit. His attitude stinks, his awareness is poor and for me the worse thing of all, he blames everybody else for his incompetence (the cheeky bastard).

Stick him in the Reserves.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:13 am

shortagain wrote:
Biamp wrote:I believe he will be back to form, and he will sort himself as soon as possible. And I still believe in his ability.

Then you will wake up. Richards is living in a fantasy world where he actually thinks he is still a good player who has improved his game since 2007.

You know him personally? Do you know any other players? Does SWP know that we play in blue so he can pass to a blue shirt once in a while if he wants? Or do you not know SWP as well as Micah?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
shortagain wrote:

You know him personally? Do you know any other players? Does SWP know that we play in blue so he can pass to a blue shirt once in a while if he wants? Or do you not know SWP as well as Micah?

I see your point - but one takes evidence from a number of inputs.

Obviously knowing him personally and getting direct quotes would be helpful - in the absence of that you have to go from what you see.

I have seen a lot in his attitude on the pitch - the way he makes no effort after making mistakes - the way he is continuously out of position - the way he is always blaming others for his mistakes - as well as a basic lack of skills required for a RB - to give me the firm impression his attitude stinks totally

I have seen this deterioration seem to coincide with him getting a big contract that has made me further conclude therefore (admittedly from circumstantial evidence) that this affected him and he is right up his own arse

If some want to cling to the view that he is CITY through and through - that he is passionate - that he will come good - or whatever - I would ask the same questions - how do you know? - do you know him? etc

But irrespective of hard or circumstantial evidence - the fact is that he is a total liability to the club I am passionate about and he should be taken out of the 1st team squad
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

If some want to cling to the view that he is CITY through and through - that he is passionate - that he will come good - or whatever - I would ask the same questions - how do you know? - do you know him? etc

I think that came from Mark saying he's City through and through. And yes, he does/did know him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:23 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I have seen a lot in his attitude on the pitch - the way he makes no effort after making mistakes - the way he is continuously out of position - the way he is always blaming others for his mistakes - as well as a basic lack of skills required for a RB - to give me the firm impression his attitude stinks totally

Where has he shown no effort after making mistakes? Surely if that was the case and he is still in the first team, according to your view shouldn't Hughes be to blame for keeping him in?
It was only the other day he came out and said:
"I am 21 and people seem to forget that I am still learning my trade. I am just enjoying the ride.
"There is perhaps the impression out there that I am bit older than I am but I know I am not the finished product."
"There will be seven people sitting on the bench who all think they deserve to be in the starting line up - most of whom will be internationals,".
"That is great for the club and great for us as individuals.
"Obviously everyone wants to be playing but, by the same token, when people are in the team and doing well the manager can't just drop them.

What's bad about his attude there?

mcfc1632 wrote:But irrespective of hard or circumstantial evidence - the fact is that he is a total liability to the club I am passionate about and he should be taken out of the 1st team squad

Can't argue with that at the moment.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum