RSC has tonsilitis

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

RSC has tonsilitis

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Roque Santa Cruz was taken ill with tonsilitis on Saturday night which was the reason he was not available and is a doubt for the Scunthorpe game. Petrov and Toure are also unlikely to play according to the OSC

Martin Petrov is fighting to be fit for Wednesday night's Carling Cup tie with Scunthorpe after the in-form winger was forced to limp out of Sunday's 2-2 draw with Fulham.

Petrov kept up his recent scoring run with City's second goal - making it three in his last three appearances - but a knee injury means he could miss out on the fourth-round game.

The Bulgaria winger was expected to step down for fit-again Craig Bellamy against Fulham but instead it was England's Shaun Wright-Phillips who made way.

Manager Mark Hughes said: "I felt it was important for Martin to play. He's been doing well and I didn't want to disappoint him. He was keen to get the ball and scored what should have been the winner.

"But he got a bang on the knee and was unable to finish. It's been sore for a while now. Hopefully it won't be too serious, a bang and not a twist."

Skipper Kolo Toure, who scored the extra-time winner in the last round, is doubtful to face Scunthorpe after landing badly on his troublesome heel, while Roque Santa Cruz was taken ill with tonsilitis on Saturday night.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: RSC has tonsilitis

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 pm

glass tonsils? who knew.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:18 pm

who will play cb?kompany and lescott with zabba rb for me...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby GingeryBlue » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Fucks sake. Injury prone and now shit immune system thrown in. At least he's shown great glimpses when he's... oh wait.
Giggidy.
GingeryBlue
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Dubciteh wrote:who will play cb?kompany and lescott with zabba rb for me...

Sounds right to me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:19 pm

lol @ "shit immune system"
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 pm

This fcuker is the new Berti!!!
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Return to The Maine Football forum