Robinho at it again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho at it again

Postby paulh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 pm

get rid the little shite has been knocked off his perch due to arrivals of players of bigger/equal stacture and they can play well away from home aswell. delusions of granja to think he could be best player in the world
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:29 pm

edge275 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:The Robbie haters will jump on any old BS and put their own spin on it to make Robbie look bad.
And another thing I would like to know that if this was on a Brazillian radio station why were they speaking in English or is it a so called translation of what he said.
Is it all hypothetical.

My question is, if he's being misquoted why does he keep going on the radio stations?

¿How do I know?
Maybe the radio stations arrange interviews with him.
Maybe they stick a mic under his nose and ask him leading questions because their best player ever(Pele)(apperently) says he is a greedy bastard for coming to play for us.
Maybe he tells the truth and he probably does have more chance of being recognised as the best player in the world at Barca.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CityGer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

The sooner he fucks off out of the club, the better. He is humiliating us on a weekly basis and considering the love and adulation that has been heaped upon him by the fans, it's as good as him sticking two fingers up to us all.

He's not been misquoted, it's not paper bollocks, it's happening far too often for that to be the case. He's whoring himself to Barca at every opportunity and can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby paulh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

if sold we need to go for what we paid or yaya toure and puyol plus 20 million. Having Puyol in our squad would sort defence out the guy has done it all and still has a year or two in him as a squad player
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:58 pm

paulh wrote:if sold we need to go for what we paid or yaya toure and puyol plus 20 million. Having Puyol in our squad would sort defence out the guy has done it all and still has a year or two in him as a squad player

Puyol has just signed a new contract with Barca so that's out and as for yaya, he is def midfielder of which we have Kompany, DeJong and a returning Johnson. Oh and Barca dont have the 32 mill that we paid.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Robi has been third best on the left so far this season, Bellers and Petrov have consistently outperformed him every time they've worn our colours. Right now I think Petrov is in the best form I've been privilaged to see him in, I watched him closely (as closely as you can via an internet stream anyway) against Fulham and he was switching wings, switching centrally (where he scored his goal from), tracking back and intercepting in the RIGHT BACK position - he was doing it all (I acually had to do a double take and make sure Zabs hadnt made a miraculous appearance). I seriously hope he can keep this up all season because if that one performance can be translated into a whole season he could be our player of the year.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:02 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fucking stop going on about Yaya fuclin Toure!!!!!
Yes he's a good player but why the fucl would we want yet another defensive midfielder who will add nothing to our attack? I thought we agreed yesterday that we aren't creating enough from midfield and only have one player (Petrov) who can put a good cross in from the wings. IF we get rid of him, we definitely need a replacement with attacking flair and creativity. NOT another defensive hard-working 'grafter'.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fucking stop going on about Yaya fuclin Toure!!!!!
Yes he's a good player but why the fucl would we want yet another defensive midfielder who will add nothing to our attack? I thought we agreed yesterday that we aren't creating enough from midfield and only have one player (Petrov) who can put a good cross in from the wings. IF we get rid of him, we definitely need a replacement with attacking flair and creativity. NOT another defensive hard-working 'grafter'.

I totally agree with you there couldn’t of put it better myself , it’s just they like to ditch world class players for more "rock" in midfield when we already have ( De jong , Barry , Kompany ) .
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby bluej » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Gloryhunter123 wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fucking stop going on about Yaya fuclin Toure!!!!!

I totally agree with you there couldn’t of put it better myself , it’s just they like to ditch world class players for more "rock" in midfield when we already have ( De jong , Barry , Kompany ) .

'They' ?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Rag_hater wrote:The Robbie haters will jump on any old BS and put their own spin on it to make Robbie look bad.
And another thing I would like to know that if this was on a Brazillian radio station why were they speaking in English or is it a so called translation of what he said.
Is it all hypothetical.

I am with you on this.

It may be entirely factual and true

It may be a totally twisted reflection of various comments he has made

It may be an attempt to be polite to all parties when asked highly loaded questions from journos wanting a story, e.g. "... how does it make you feel when you hear that Barca are very keen to have you join them....." followed by "..... do you think you would find it easier to be the best player in the world if you were to be playing alongside Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ibra?......"

Maybe such questions could be asked in English or Spanish and not Portuguese - so if he is polite to the first question.... lets say - yes of course it is very flattering...... and he says a factual yes to the 2nd..... lets say something like - well of course it would......

Then the lazy corrupt Journos could then just piece it together to make it sound the way they want it to

FFS - don't we all know that the Spanish press in particular do not even need the out of context quotes to piece together - they just fucking make stuff up.

What surprises me is how sensible CITY fans on the one hand know this and on the other lap it up and get all agitated??

I just put it down to the 'old typical CITY' mindset

The management at CITY seem pretty sharp and tough to me - The new CITY are not lambs to be pissed about by any rival club - let alone an individual player

If Rob moves on - it will be at a time and under circumstances controlled by our club - which makes me proud

When January comes around the piper (US) will call all the tunes and all other clubs - including Valencia, Barca etc will dance to our tune
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby simon12 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:41 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Is it all hypothetical.

I am with you on this.

It may be entirely factual and true

It may be a totally twisted reflection of various comments he has made

It may be an attempt to be polite to all parties when asked highly loaded questions from journos wanting a story, e.g. "... how does it make you feel when you hear that Barca are very keen to have you join them....." followed by "..... do you think you would find it easier to be the best player in the world if you were to be playing alongside Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ibra?......"

Maybe such questions could be asked in English or Spanish and not Portuguese - so if he is polite to the first question.... lets say - yes of course it is very flattering...... and he says a factual yes to the 2nd..... lets say something like - well of course it would......

Then the lazy corrupt Journos could then just piece it together to make it sound the way they want it to

FFS - don't we all know that the Spanish press in particular do not even need the out of context quotes to piece together - they just fucking make stuff up.

What surprises me is how sensible CITY fans on the one hand know this and on the other lap it up and get all agitated??

I just put it down to the 'old typical CITY' mindset

The management at CITY seem pretty sharp and tough to me - The new CITY are not lambs to be pissed about by any rival club - let alone an individual player

If Rob moves on - it will be at a time and under circumstances controlled by our club - which makes me proud

When January comes around the piper (US) will call all the tunes and all other clubs - including Valencia, Barca etc will dance to our tune

Couldn`t agree more. How many interviews has he actually had and how many times in different countries has it been regurgitated in different forms?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby dazlebluefrog » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:57 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I fuckin love Robbie

and you know what?

[b]We would of won the last 3 games with him in the side HE IS THAT GOOD!

[/sorry mate you carn't be serious ?? 2 away games and fulham at home ,ok last year he didn't play against Villa ,did he play at Wigan?? he was on the pitch but what did he do ??like at most away matches last year sweet FA
as has already been mentioned by someone before ,i said it last year and i'll repeat it BRAZILIANS don't play our game in the prem how many have been good over a long period??sorry Mr Socrates i know you love the fella but he's not for the prem ,
he doesn't want to stay ok let him go,and lets wish him good luck warming the barca bench
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby stinky pete » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

every one loves rob but city fans dont like players who rip the piss. has men or any other local media tried to interview him and try to get to the bottom of this. he probably would say its bull untill it gets close to the window? at the moment barcelona is a step up or two but give a few seasons our arab backers are trying to better them and other top euro teams. if we got into top 4 and champs league spot how much would our backers spend on the best players in the world.
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm

the mail are at it now. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -best.html

This comment has really fooked me off

Robinho said: 'I'm very happy for the interest that Barcelona have shown in me because playing in the Nou Camp is much easier to be the best player in the world than to do so at City.'

How can he be the best player in the world at Barca when he isnt even guaranteed a start in our squad..Tsskk
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:10 pm

The weekly Robbie to Barca thread :)

I think what we all need is for Robbie to get his boots back on and play a game, he is happier and so are we when the magician is doing his tricks.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Spurge » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:21 pm

edgeley blue wrote:
paulh wrote:if sold we need to go for what we paid or yaya toure and puyol plus 20 million. Having Puyol in our squad would sort defence out the guy has done it all and still has a year or two in him as a squad player

Puyol has just signed a new contract with Barca so that's out and as for yaya, he is def midfielder of which we have Kompany, DeJong and a returning Johnson. Oh and Barca dont have the 32 mill that we paid.

In which case we should swap him for Messi and give them a few quid into the bargain - sorted
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm

CityGer wrote:The sooner he fucks off out of the club, the better. He is humiliating us on a weekly basis and considering the love and adulation that has been heaped upon him by the fans, it's as good as him sticking two fingers up to us all.

He's not been misquoted, it's not paper bollocks, it's happening far too often for that to be the case. He's whoring himself to Barca at every opportunity and can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Agree. Let's now try every attempt to bring in Ribery.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:14 pm

CityGer wrote:The sooner he fucks off out of the club, the better. He is humiliating us on a weekly basis and considering the love and adulation that has been heaped upon him by the fans, it's as good as him sticking two fingers up to us all.

i agree..i hope he fucking goes to Barca and rots on the bench...little pisstaking cunt. abusive little shit. can we get the shiek's brother to feed him a "sand"which?

Anyone want an Orange third kit with Robinho on the back? just sayin'.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

This hurts because it hits a nerve, because in raising the idea that the most talented player on the team will leave it reminds City supporters that the club has won nowt for 33 years and we've lived in U""""d's shadow for the past 20. I work with a guy from Spain who is careful how he talks about the rags when he's around me but today I overheard him say to another bloke "and Liverpool beat Manchester at the weekend", so even he can slip into the notion that the rags are the only big club in Manchester. Yeah, Robinho is the most talented player on City's books but he was known at Real as "the slayer of the weak" and I don't see that he's done much to change that reputation since he came to us. He doesn't like the weather or the food, he's lost his mate Elano, and I think we should cut our losses. City need big-name stars but Robinho might be the wrong one. Unless he takes games by the scruff of the neck when he gets back in the team and really turns it on match after match City should let him go and take his soft thumb-sucking routine with him.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby shawzy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 pm

They have just reported this story on my local tv news bulletin.
They only said he was denying a move away to Barca and hes happy with his relationship with Hughes.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum