Robinho at it again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho at it again

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm

shawzy wrote:They have just reported this story on my local tv news bulletin.
They only said he was denying a move away to Barca and hes happy with his relationship with Hughes.

As I mentioned earlier - it is possible that the press stitch together bits of quotes from loaded questions and then report it as quotes

It obviously works - as our fans lap it up!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:52 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
They only said he was denying a move away to Barca and hes happy with his relationship with Hughes.

As I mentioned earlier - it is possible that the press stitch together bits of quotes from loaded questions and then report it as quotes

if that's the case why hasn't Robinho come out and clarified it?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:58 pm

edge275 wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

I will judge him when he is fit and back in the team and the sooner the better.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
edge275 wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

For christmas I'm going to buy you a sandbox for your head.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 pm

edge275 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
edge275 wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

For christmas I'm going to buy you a sandbox for your head.

Lol I just don't choose to believe all that's " quoted" in the press. No doubt some truth in there somewhere ( in that he said something) but I am 100% sure the Barca machine ( people within the club using press and agents) are just keeping it boiling to destabilise as much as they can. Irrespective though of what might or might not have been said by him I will still judge him on performances.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 pm

edge275 wrote:
CityGer wrote:The sooner he fucks off out of the club, the better. He is humiliating us on a weekly basis and considering the love and adulation that has been heaped upon him by the fans, it's as good as him sticking two fingers up to us all.

He's not been misquoted, it's not paper bollocks, it's happening far too often for that to be the case. He's whoring himself to Barca at every opportunity and can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Agree. Let's now try every attempt to bring in Ribery.

Concur...i'd take one Ribery over 10 Robinhos
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby edge275 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Lol I just don't choose to believe all that's " quoted" in the press. No doubt some truth in there somewhere ( in that he said something) but I am 100% sure the Barca machine ( people within the club using press and agents) are just keeping it boiling to destabilise as much as they can. Irrespective though of what might or might not have been said by him I will still judge him on performances.

So you think the guy on the radio is a representative of Barcelona? Why hasn't Robinho come out and said he's been misquoted because I sure as hell would. This reminds me of when he had Anelka.
edge275

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm

edge275 wrote:

So you think the guy on the radio is a representative of Barcelona? Why hasn't Robinho come out and said he's been misquoted because I sure as hell would. This reminds me of when he had Anelka.

I have no idea why he hasn't come out and said he was misquoted. Maybe he will tomorrow who knows. I am fairly sure even if he did there would be plenty who wouldnt believe him and perhaps he has been told by his agent it's best to say nothing else. Hughes has said he is going nowhere and many don't believe what he said.
The whole destabilising thing doesnt mean that everybody who talks about it is a rep of Barca. All it needs is somebody to create the story and all the vultures come flocking in for a piece of it and that includes all the English press and media. If it looks as though it's going quiet somebody just starts it up again and it doesnt need another story or interview as the old stuff can easily be rehashed. Whether it's all true or not it will get people talking and within a club fanbase it gets believed by some and not others.It becomes inevitable that those who choose to believe it get all worked up and start slagging him off and like a cancer it spreads .Those who started the story off in the first place can just sit back ,smile and watch it all unravel in front of their eyes and if they are very lucky watch the clubs fans turn against him..

And of course it seems the best time to do all this is when he isn't playing so he can't do his talking on the field.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ScapeGoat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 am

Besides, what's really wrong with him or anyone else wanting to move to Barca ? I mean they are the current European champions, the best club around, best players, a 100k stadium with 70k+ fans at every game, nice weather, etc...
Players are professionals, like everyone else they want the better job. They are not required to love the club. Love has gone from football when money came in, at that was before anyone here was born.
Do you think Ireland, Given or anyone else would say no to Barca ? Did SWP say no to Chelsea ?
By that logic you should hate all non academy players. But wait the academy players aren't local either, they are just bought young.
All that really matters is for players to honor their contract by doing their best on the pitch.
You expect loyalty ? The kind Dunne received when he was shipped off as soon as we got someone else in ?
ScapeGoat
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 am

ScapeGoat wrote:Besides, what's really wrong with him or anyone else wanting to move to Barca ? I mean they are the current European champions, the best club around, best players, a 100k stadium with 70k+ fans at every game, nice weather, etc...
Players are professionals, like everyone else they want the better job. They are not required to love the club. Love has gone from football when money came in, at that was before anyone here was born.
Do you think Ireland, Given or anyone else would say no to Barca ? Did SWP say no to Chelsea ?
By that logic you should hate all non academy players. But wait the academy players aren't local either, they are just bought young.
All that really matters is for players to honor their contract by doing their best on the pitch.
You expect loyalty ? The kind Dunne received when he was shipped off as soon as we got someone else in ?

jesus fuck...im just sayin wear the shirt with some fuclin pride.

if he comes out and says it's all bollox then ill chill the fuck out...Hughes tried to stop the bleeding last week by saying Robson wasn't moving, which placated me and made me feel good. And then more shit in the papers from Robinho, allegedly.

what gives? he's either the most horribly misquoted player of his generation or he's trying to engineer a move away which Barca, the dirty cheating tapping up broke ass cunts, are trying to court by tapping him up.

as a fan, i have a right to be pissed about that. What do you think of that?

cheers
;)
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 am

He is part of Hughes plans, but if he keeps on saying these things then he will end up in trouble and will be sold sooner than he expects.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:00 am

ScapeGoat wrote:Besides, what's really wrong with him or anyone else wanting to move to Barca ? I mean they are the current European champions, the best club around, best players, a 100k stadium with 70k+ fans at every game, nice weather, etc...

Good post - you can take it a step further....

Players have wanted to go RM, Barca for decades - in England players have given up there loyalty at clubs to join the top 4 - rooney to the scum is a good example

More recently Barry and Lescott to CITY would be examples

We will become a club that is a target for emerging players - if only because we can pay more than anyone else

As I said earlier - whatever the truth of these quotes - and I just do not know why fans lap up the shit the press write - our management are not pussies and all will be done on our terms

So people should chill the fuck out - or not if fretting is what they enjoy
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:39 am

Nearly 3 pages wanting to get rid of Robby because a few dodgy quotes are spouted. Unbelieveable.

This is how I see it:

Was a direct question asked? - ''I'm very happy about the interest that Barcelona have in me - Who wouldn't be happy with that?

And again, what was asked? - playing in the Nou Camp it is much easier to be the best player in the world than at City.'' - Of course it is, who wouldn't admit to that if asked?

Oh, and it seems those loaded questions keep coming! - ''I'm not forcing a hypothetical exit from England and neither do I have problems with my coach,' - An innocent answer, yet combined with the others makes it sound the opposite.

As I see it, he was interviewed for a Brazilian Radio station who want to big him up for their fans. He is asked what he thought about the best club team in the world being interested in him, and gave an innocent reply. He was later asked if it would be easier to be seen as a superstar in the Barca team, which again, he gave an innocent answer to. And to finish, there has been speculation everywhere that he has a problem with Hughes and that it was Robby that was trying to force a move, and guess what, he gives an innocent answer again.

Wierd that isn't it, that the media can get the wrong end of the stick, misinterpret quotes and we the fans start jumping on the back of one of our best players.

As the saying goes, 'Move along, there's nothing to see here'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Nearly 3 pages wanting to get rid of Robby because a few dodgy quotes are spouted. Unbelieveable.

This is how I see it:

Was a direct question asked? - ''I'm very happy about the interest that Barcelona have in me - Who wouldn't be happy with that?

And again, what was asked? - playing in the Nou Camp it is much easier to be the best player in the world than at City.'' - Of course it is, who wouldn't admit to that if asked?

Oh, and it seems those loaded questions keep coming! - ''I'm not forcing a hypothetical exit from England and neither do I have problems with my coach,' - An innocent answer, yet combined with the others makes it sound the opposite.

As I see it, he was interviewed for a Brazilian Radio station who want to big him up for their fans. He is asked what he thought about the best club team in the world being interested in him, and gave an innocent reply. He was later asked if it would be easier to be seen as a superstar in the Barca team, which again, he gave an innocent answer to. And to finish, there has been speculation everywhere that he has a problem with Hughes and that it was Robby that was trying to force a move, and guess what, he gives an innocent answer again.

Wierd that isn't it, that the media can get the wrong end of the stick, misinterpret quotes and we the fans start jumping on the back of one of our best players.

As the saying goes, 'Move along, there's nothing to see here'!

You are not alone in this view - there are quite a few posts in these 3 pages saying the same as you - I gave similiar examples of questions a page ago
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:57 am

The fact it got to three pages.

He will be linked with a move away the entire time he is here because it makes for good copy. As is evidenced by the popularity of this thread.

We are the ones giving it legs more than anyone else, maybe we could not buy into the bullshit one of these times, just as something different.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pirate » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 am

It's just the media...they do it all the time.

Anyone remember a few year back when we'd done someone 3-1 at home and Psycho was interviewed after the match? He said something along the lines of 'Cole and Vassell are like Laurel and Hardy, they compliment each other perfectly'

Half an hour later Sky Sports News report 'Pearce compares strikers to Laurel and Hardy'...next day it was 'a scandal' according to SSN that Pearce could be so disrepsectful and not once did they show Psycho saying ' they compliment each other perfectly' again.

Also remember an incident with Anti Niemi while he was at Southampton.
Question: 'Would you be interested if a big club like Arsenal or Man Utd came in for you?'
Answer: 'Of course I would it's flattering if a big club is interested. However, my future is at Southampton, I'm very happy here.'
Story: 'Niemi wants move to Arsenal or United'

I agree with those above blaming the radio station...Robinho has probably answered leading questions honestly. They cobble the quotes together and make them mean something else. By having the headline 'Robinho wants move to Barca' anyone reading the story is already thinking the quotes mean he wants to go.

Or look at it this way...a journo asks you 'Angelina Jolie thinks you're handsome, are you flattered?' and you reply 'of course I am'. They then report you're planning to be unfaithful to your missus with Angelina Jolie...

Let's assume you wouldn't be unfaithful :) You'd tell your missus it was bollocks. Would you bother going back to the press, who'd created the story in the first place, to refute it? Would the media then report your reply honestly or would they say 'He's denied the allegation but there's no smoke without fire, he's trying to save his relationship now we've caught him' thereby making it seem even more true?

On the other hand maybe he does want to go. Maybe he's saying the right things to our media but other things to the Brazilian press to encourage Barca...

Having said all that...if he wants to go I'd rather he did. We're in a situation now where we CAN afford to replace our top players with other top players, no point keeping someone who won't give their best.
Old enough to know better, stupid enough to do it anyway.
Pirate
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:31 am

Wait wait wait, go back to the Angelina Jolie bit, she thinks I am handsome? Sweet!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Last edited by Original Dub on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Although I started this thread, I'm not one for sensationalism or bowing to media pressure....

However, like Edge said its getting as regular as the Anelka "mis-interpreted" quotes, and perhaps he should be giving answers like "No comment" when it comes to questions on Barca. He has already lifted his skirt and showed Barca his special talent quite a few times, so if he could just leave it at that I think I think that would be best for City.... I always want what's best for City.

And while I appreciate the three or four in this thread who are trying to imply that the rest of us are raving lunatics - let me ask you two questions:

1) If you had to bet your house on it, do you think Robinho is trying to engineer a move to Barca?

2) Do you think Robinho will stick with the statement he made when he got here and said he wanted to stay for many years and win lots of trophies?

Its easy to say its all the media's fault, but I don't really believe that in this case.

And someone mentioned that I am a 'Robbie-Hater' in this thread. I've fucking heard it all now. Why would people get annoyed at the thought of Robbie leaving if they fucking hated him?
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:28 pm

I am praying that Robinho doesn't leave in January as i already have a bet on that he leaves next summer and i like winning my bets. I couldn't give a shit how good he is, if he doesn't show that he is commited to the club then we should sell but not for a penny less than what we paid for him. Are Barca willing to pay over £30M??? I doubt it. This one is going to drag on for quite a while and will be the most boring and monotenous story throughout the January transfer window.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum