We are family, says Ade

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We are family, says Ade

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor has paid tribute to team mates both old and new for helping him in the opening few months of his City career.

Within a few days of moving to City in the summer, Ade had been joined by long-time Arsenal team mate Kolo Toure.

Teaming up once again with the man he calls his brother made the transition easy for Ade, but he says that being part of City's multi-talented squad, all facing the tough task of earning a start in the side, makes training a very lively affair.

Ade told mcfc.co.uk, "When I heard that City were interested in Kolo, when I finally had the chance to speak to him, I knew straight away that he would be joining us. He is a very good friend of mine, our wives are like sisters and I made things easy for him when he came here like he has made things easy for me in the past.

"We're like brothers, we help each other out on and off the pitch. If he needs something, I'm there to help him and if I need something he does the same. I'm really happy to call him my brother, and he really believes in what he is doing."

Analysing his new team mates, Ade is generous with is praise, saying, "Stephen Ireland is one of the most talented players I have seen, and Nigel de Jong is doing really well, he fights for his team all over the pitch and he has a lot of character.

"I have been very pleased to see Michael Johnson back in action. I did not really know about him before, but when I came here a few people told me that he was a great player. He's coming back from injury but now I have seen him in training, and I like his style of playing. He's very calm, even when it gets difficult he keeps calm, takes the ball and does what he think is the right thing. I've always admired that kind of player.

"In training everyone is tackling, fighting for the ball and talking to you, but that's what we need even in training because that's what will happen in every game. They are there to give you those difficult moments at the training ground, so everyone is fighting for the club, and it makes training very interesting!"

The Togolese international has also revealed that he now regrets his goal celebration when he faced his former club at the City of Manchester Stadium in September.

"The emotions took over, but I did not insult anyone. I slid on my knees, I was showing that you can insult me but I am not the bad player that you think I was

"Do I regret it? Yes, of course. I am a human being. I wish I had not done it, but we are all human beings and we all make mistakes. We all have to fight through our mistakes to become a better man."
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: We are family, says Ade

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 am

Nice interview that.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Fish111 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:26 am

Big praise for Jonno as well.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

Good interview. I do have faith in Johno's ability and its nice to see Ade saying he likes the look of him.

Massive praise for Superman too.

"One of the most talented players I have seen". He has seen some players in his time!

With all the more disciplined midfielders we have, I hope to see Stevie deployed as and attacking midfielder soon... I'm quite confident it will be tonight and if so, I think we can expect the likes of Ade and Tevez to thrive on those sweet through balls!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 am

Original Dub wrote:Good interview. I do have faith in Johno's ability and its nice to see Ade saying he likes the look of him.

"One of the most talented players I have seen". He has seen some players in his time!

With all the more disciplined midfielders we have, I hope to see Stevie deployed as and attacking midfielder soon... I'm quite confident it will be tonight and if so, I think we can expect the likes of Ade and Tevez to thrive on those sweet through balls!

Just for the record, Dub loves the cock.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 am

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Good interview. I do have faith in Johno's ability and its nice to see Ade saying he likes the look of him.

Just for the record, Dub loves the cock.

Tell us summat we didn't already know......
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:23 am

Excellent.

thanks lads. I definitely deserved that.
Original Dub

Postby shawzy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am

Ooh er :-0#
Last edited by shawzy on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 am

shawzy wrote:

Ooh er :-0#

Yeah, "those sweet through balls" didn't do me any favours either.

And its not just the cock I love its the little jangly lads underneath. Mmmm.
Original Dub

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

i fucking love you ade! get us a couple tonight please!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blue 68 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Johno is BACK!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum