Training Thursday 29/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 29/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Always likely to be a limited session after a night game but there were 12 out today.
Mee/Trippier/Ball/Clayton/Vidal/Petrov/Garrido/Benjani/Johnson/Bellamy/Nedum and Richards. Ade did get out for a short whil with a physio but that didn't last long so maybe the back is still a bit of a problem. Johnno wasn't supposed to be out today but said he really wanted to so there he was and Benjani joined him as he wasn't planned either.

Plenty of warm up stretching stuff followed by attacking routines where there was actually more emphasis on what the defender(s) were doing. Before the final game Ned and Benjani went in , just part of the plan for them for the day rather than injury concerns and the remaining 10 split into 2 teams.

Each team stood by the goalposts and they were given a number 1 to 5. Eddie shouted numbers at them and whoever was called jumped into action in the penalty area. Sometimes it was 2 at a time or 3 and even just 1 on 1 or all 5. It was all about trying to score and they really enjoyed it. Competitive as ever watching them trying to create space and the defenders desperate to hold them off. Micah's team won in the end but it was close. The tough part was 2 of the goals scored for Micah's team were more like own goals but it was all about who got it past the keeper. ( a rule to be changed methinks)

As they ended with some crossing on the run with 2 in the middle Johnno went in and Bellers/Petrov and Garrido just did some supervised running to warm down. Quite a good lively session with the limited numbers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 29/10

Postby pepsi_dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Ta doug, nice work as always!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Johnno wasn't supposed to be out today but said he really wanted to so there he was

Well done Johnno. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the report Doug once again.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby TrueBlue82 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Cheers Dougie!

think last night has reignited Johnno and i think we will see more of him throughout the season
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Crossie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Do you think we are looking to set up with 4-4-2 more nowadays Doug? Crossing on the move etc.

Hope we can learn to mix and match 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 type thing when Robbie is back.

Last night helped highlight how Ireland knits the team together like no other player we have.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Crossie wrote:Do you think we are looking to set up with 4-4-2 more nowadays Doug? Crossing on the move etc.

Hope we can learn to mix and match 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 type thing when Robbie is back.

Last night helped highlight how Ireland knits the team together like no other player we have.

That's the big conundrum for me. I don't have a great problem whatever system is used but the key is the players and how they play within it. If the 2 up front are Ade and Tevez and their movement isn't that good and they simply don't play well it will be a big problem and we would need to be able to vary the tactic. My personal preference would be a 4.3.3 set up as I would really like Stevie in there.

The selection issue for Hughes is getting bigger and I hope and think he will not be rigid in his thinking. If Stevie must play as I would think and maybe the majority also would PLUS Petrov and Bellamy also deserve to play on performances that sounds like SWP and Tevez would be the ones to miss out. That assumes of course that Barry and Nige stay in also.As I say personally I could see that but I am not convinced Hughes would go there....yet.

And yes then there is Robbie.He won't I am sure come straight back in but after a sub appearance he will get back in I am sure.Then it gets really difficult to select.

As for the crossing on the run stuff it's far from the first time I have seen them working at it. Micah has done it many times and sometimes looked very good at it! Part of the key to it is the expectation of those in the middle. They need to know when to attack in the box as if it all works just right it's just a matter of getting a foot to the ball , a la Tevez last night.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Cheers Doug mate, good to hear that Johno is getting back into the swing of things.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Johnno wasn't supposed to be out today but said he really wanted to so there he was

I was made up for him when I heard he'd scored last night but then I saw the goal and I was blown away

He is still very nimble on his feet by the looks of it and I actually always thought his range of passing was better than Stevie's. Stevie is a very clever player in the final third.....our (better) Joe Cole whereas Johnno is more of a Lampard (equally fat) haha

Great to see him back

What was the crowd reaction like when he scored?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Great news that Nedum is on his way back, let's hope he can stay fit and gets a chance as I am certain he should be the one to ultimately partner Toure
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:33 pm

ant london wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

I was made up for him when I heard he'd scored last night but then I saw the goal and I was blown away

He is still very nimble on his feet by the looks of it and I actually always thought his range of passing was better than Stevie's. Stevie is a very clever player in the final third.....our (better) Joe Cole whereas Johnno is more of a Lampard (equally fat) haha

Great to see him back

What was the crowd reaction like when he scored?

I would assume that the majority of the crowd cheered as it was our home match. ;o)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Cheers doug, Great report again mate. Great to see Johnson showing commitment!! He will be a quality player for us and hopefully he will be injury free for a long time now!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Biamp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Cheers Doug, great to hear that Johnno is willing to train. Also, it's great to see Nedum back, hope he will be back and fit.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm

doug - any sign of tugay? i'm sure you said he was doing some work with the coaches a while back.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Top report as usual Doug, thank you. Nice to hear that Benjani and Magic pie man turned up showing eager when they weren't scheduled to be there.

My lads under sixes do that box training trying to get the ball on the back of the net, quite fun to watch at the end when the coach bangs all ten on in the box for a laugh, brusie time!!.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:doug - any sign of tugay? i'm sure you said he was doing some work with the coaches a while back.

Tugay turned up at one reserve training session to get some experience which I am guessing was necessary when going for the badges.Not seen him since.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum