I'm Excited Again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I'm Excited Again

Postby Fish111 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 am

Jonno returning to the first team makes me feel like we've signed a quality player outside of the transfer window. This young fella can be world class if he stays injury free and will give us so many options in midfield. I'm even more excited again.

Michael Johnson’s successful comeback has led boss Mark Hughes to proclaim him one of the best young talents in the country.
And it is not just in the Carrington boot room where England under 21 international Johnson, who spent the best part of two years battling injury, has made a huge impact since his return.

Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor singled out the 21-year-old Urmston-raised star as one of the most impressive and eye-catching performers on the Carrington training ground.

It was though the manager who led the chorus of praise.

“It is difficult for young players when they are out for a sustained period. His injury was a real frustration for everybody,” he noted.

“Michael is now pain free, back out on the training field and has that base of fitness that he needs to perform at the top level again.

“He is one of those players who invariably appear as though he has all the time in the world, which is just because of the ability he has to make space for himself. The timing and appreciation of his passing is excellent as well.

That is a view endorsed by former Arsenal hitman Adebayor.

“Michael has really impressed me,” praised Manu. “I didn’t really know him before I joined the club but I love the style of his play.

“He is a very calm player on the pitch. Even in difficult moments he does what he thinks is right and he has a style that other players like and admire.”

Johnson himself is not getting carried away and just maintaining his high work rate in a bid to become a regular fixture and build on his goal against Scunthorpe.

“I hope people don’t expect too much too soon. I have a year of not playing and I am just glad to get out on a pitch,” he declared.

“There have been loads of changes while I have been out. Watching things evolve has been inspiring. I want to be part of a team that is competing for the title and with that comes the challenge of just winning a place in the side.”
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: I'm Excited Again

Postby Fish111 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 am

Shoot me!!! I never saw the Michael Johnsion thread already on-going!!
Fish111

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:12 am

Never had a doubt, he is an impressive player and a midfield of Barry, Johnson and Ireland should dominate most sides.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:27 am

Fish111 wrote:Shoot me!!! I never saw the Michael Johnsion thread already on-going!!

It's understandable - you're so excited!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am

Slim wrote:Never had a doubt, he is an impressive player and a midfield of Barry, Johnson and Ireland should dominate most sides.

I've just pictured that. Fucking exciting if Hughes has the balls to go for it.

Ireland------------Jonno

------------Baz

All can cover each other's position no problem.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 am

Calm down calm down. Let's not go OTT just yet as he says himself he is only just getting back and he has a way to go yet to be fully prem fit.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:18 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Calm down calm down. Let's not go OTT just yet as he says himself he is only just getting back and he has a way to go yet to be fully prem fit.

??????????

So are you saying we may NEVER see Barry, Ireland and Jonno playing in the same team?
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Martinez » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Slim wrote:Never had a doubt, he is an impressive player and a midfield of Barry, Johnson and Ireland should dominate most sides.

I've just pictured that. Fucking exciting if Hughes has the balls to go for it.

Ireland------------Jonno

------------Baz

All can cover each other's position no problem.

Almost too good central midfield, a bit like having Gerrard, Lampard and Barry on the same team
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Calm down calm down. Let's not go OTT just yet as he says himself he is only just getting back and he has a way to go yet to be fully prem fit.

??????????

So are you saying we may NEVER see Barry, Ireland and Jonno playing in the same team?

Don't think I said that. It's just that the typical OTT reaction is likely to raise expectations too high too quickly and the usual end result of that is he will have a performance which isn't great and then he gets slagged off. I am saying don't expect too much too soon and that could mean he doesn't make a great impact on the team this season. If he does then fantastic.

Fitness wise I think he himself is targetting another month at least and I think that is realistic. I have seen him getting there bit by bit for a while now and that includes the reserve team games , a couple of which have been friendlies arranged specially.

When that fitness is there he gives Hughes another great option and the decisions get tougher and tougher.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:46 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

??????????

Don't think I said that. It's just that the typical OTT reaction is likely to raise expectations too high too quickly and the usual end result of that is he will have a performance which isn't great and then he gets slagged off. I am saying don't expect too much too soon and that could mean he doesn't make a great impact on the team this season. If he does then fantastic.

Fitness wise I think he himself is targetting another month at least and I think that is realistic. I have seen him getting there bit by bit for a while now and that includes the reserve team games , a couple of which have been friendlies arranged specially.

When that fitness is there he gives Hughes another great option and the decisions get tougher and tougher.

If people wanna get excited over the prospects of seeing the above midfield playing together, then why not?
I didn't say we are gonna win the league with that midfield, I'm just really excited to see how they play together.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am

You're right Bingo, they could win the league with that midfield.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 am

Slim wrote:You're right Bingo, they could win the league with that midfield.

hahaha
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

??????????

If people wanna get excited over the prospects of seeing the above midfield playing together, then why not?
I didn't say we are gonna win the league with that midfield, I'm just really excited to see how they play together.

Nothing wrong with getting excited but just don'yt expect too much. Anyway you will have to have real patience as it is very unlikely to hapen for a long time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Nothing wrong with getting excited but just don'yt expect too much. Anyway you will have to have real patience as it is very unlikely to hapen for a long time.

Stop being such a downer doug, i'm not expecting nowt, nor immediately. i'm just buzzing that we have that prospective midfield.
Come on mate, get on the giddy train.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 pm

[quote="Bingo Lewis
Come on mate, get on the giddy train.[/quote]

On it? I'm feckin driving it!! Happy days.
Fish111

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Stop being such a downer doug, i'm not expecting nowt, nor immediately. i'm just buzzing that we have that prospective midfield.

Lol I am not sure I do giddy :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Lol I am not sure I do giddy :)

Cept when it's Elano.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum