Birmingham vs Manchester City matchday thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Birmingham vs Manchester City matchday thread

Postby Craig B » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm

hyper wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:4 games without a win and the pressure on Hughes must surely start to mount.

Fourth in the Premier League with a game-in-hand over half the other teams. Sack Hughes now...

If it was up to me he'd be on the rock and roll midway through last season. I'm not going to beat around the bush - I don't believe he's a good enough manager for us but only results will prove me right or wrong. 4 games without a win with the performances getting worse by each game seems to suggest I was right all along but I will judge properly at the end of the season of course.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Total garbage, poor performance from millions spent,and no-way top 4, Don't know how lokng it will take for these players to gel, but for sure the pressure is on,the players,and Mr Hughes, there has never been a better time for us to break the top 4, but playing as we have, no-chance.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Given gets MoTM - well earned too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby hyper » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:08 pm

mr_nool wrote:
hyper wrote:
Craig Bardsley wrote:4 games without a win and the pressure on Hughes must surely start to mount.

Fourth in the Premier League with a game-in-hand over half the other teams. Sack Hughes now...

Thanks to a great start. If we get out of this slump of form quickly, I'm more than willing to forgive and forget, but it just seems to go on and on. And I can't helping looking at where we would be at, if we hadn't played all these draws.

I totally agree, I guess my point is to start panicking and talking about pressure on Hughes whils't we're where we are in the table seems daft. This is just a slump - and we will come out of it. If this had been a City slump of old we'd be teetering on the drop zone...
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby paddyblue » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:08 pm

really disapointing today, certainly not top 4 material
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:11 pm

hyper wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
hyper wrote:

Thanks to a great start. If we get out of this slump of form quickly, I'm more than willing to forgive and forget, but it just seems to go on and on. And I can't helping looking at where we would be at, if we hadn't played all these draws.

I totally agree, I guess my point is to start panicking and talking about pressure on Hughes whils't we're where we are in the table seems daft. This is just a slump - and we will come out of it. If this had been a City slump of old we'd be teetering on the drop zone...

Yes, it's daft, but I am/was one of those "Huges Out-guys"... And I sure hope it's just a temporary (alltough quite long) slump.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:14 pm

pathetic effort today. fuck me our recent performances in the league just havent been up to scratch. what the fuck is Stevie doing sitting on the bench, even when he had 40 minutes out there today he was bypassed pretty much the entire fucking time. fucking sort it out hughes thats 6 points dropped from 3 very winnable games... very concerning
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Vhero » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

SWP needs a sit on the fucking bench hes been gash now for a while! I'm sick of his little "it's okay I can run past their entire defence on my own!" runs. Weiss needs a chance to show more of what he can do. Barry had a bad start and Santa Cruz was fucking terrible.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby david yearsley » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Can´t blame the boss for the fact that 2 international full backs and 2 international wide men can´get a decent cross in between them - the end product today was woeful - we had enough ball but the players concerned didn´t deliver - very poor and thers nothing you can do about that on the bench - perhaps Weiss for SWP would have been a better option last 15
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby edge275 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Petrov should've started before RSC. When he was on it was like having 10 men.

Weiss should've played instead of SWP.

I would've subbed Barry for Ireland and later on subbed De Jong for Johnson.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:28 pm

I think SWP should sit on the bench, get Wiess on from the start at least he takes people on.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Slim wrote:Fucking cowards, fucking mercenaries, fucking pansies. Fuck em.

^^^ this. not good enough to kill teams like b'ham off. Fourth spot but not deserved.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:01 pm

ruralblue wrote:^^^ this. not good enough to kill teams like b'ham off. Fourth spot but not deserved.

lol. how can you 'not deserve' your league position?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 am

today was sad. Ade. Robson. Toure. Ned. i guess even Ireland and Petrov. How much will a fit side make a difference? Reason to believe quite a bit.

However, it's a bit rhetorical because THAT team today should have found a way to tear apart the fuclin cloggers and journeymen we were playing against. Hats off to them for chasing us off the park, and making themselves a handful, because, as any reasonable manager has shown us so far, that's our weakness. We can't hack it, we panic, we foul, we make mistakes and we drop points. We can see it. Our opponents management can see it. What's Hughes doing about it?

Not the bold moves of a top 4 side by any stretch of the imagination. Deservedly in 4th at this point, but on form over the last 6 matches it's 14th.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:40 am

I don't understand why Hughes replaced in the last minutes Santa Cruz! Obviously he was playing shit, but Roque was the only striker who couldn't head in both areas!!!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum