Johnson cxalled up for england under 21's

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Johnson cxalled up for england under 21's

Postby citytillidie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Well i didnt have that one down
citytillidie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: Johnson cxalled up for england under 21's

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:17 pm

me neither! Pearce knows him and will be very happy if he is fit! However, I hope he is pulled out. If he is not ready for the reserves, he is not ready for an international game.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Didn't Pearce say last week that if he is fit to play he would pick him. I have no doubt he has talked to Hughes re this and the end result is his selection. I would think it is good news for Hughes and Johnson . It gives him a chance for some match practice and to find out what level he is at.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby spiv » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder- ... Named.aspx

This bit at the bottom of that article is concerning.

“It’ll be a great atmosphere with over 30,000 people in the ground, our biggest crowd in two and a half years since we played Italy at Wembley. It shows that people want to come and watch the Under-21s, but also come to this stadium and see a live match here at ticket prices that are fantastic for everyone to afford.”

England v Portugal is a fixed capacity event and all available seats for this fixture have now been sold.

If they are limiting the crowd to 30,000 then why the fuck have it at wembley? surely there are other grounds that they could have packed out with a better atmosphere.

Oh, and well done Johnson for getting back into the frame.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby shawzy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Iv no doubt Johhno is injury free.I think our gaffer is a master at gettin players back to playin ways again after injuries..Examples.Petrov,Boj,Johnno,Rsc.
Pearce will be desp to get Johnno in the Eng squad and im sure hes got some game time in him.Prob not 90mins but enough to be effective like he was for us last week in the cup.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm

spiv wrote:http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder-21Team/MatchCentre/2009/EnglandvPortugal/MatchPreviews/SquadNamed.aspx

“It’ll be a great atmosphere with over 30,000 people in the ground, our biggest crowd in two and a half years since we played Italy at Wembley. It shows that people want to come and watch the Under-21s, but also come to this stadium and see a live match here at ticket prices that are fantastic for everyone to afford.”

England v Portugal is a fixed capacity event and all available seats for this fixture have now been sold.

If they are limiting the crowd to 30,000 then why the fuck have it at wembley? surely there are other grounds that they could have packed out with a better atmosphere.

Pretty clear since they started doing the semis at Wembley that the FA just want to recoup their money. This is just another money grabbing exercise.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby spiv » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
spiv wrote:http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnder-21Team/MatchCentre/2009/EnglandvPortugal/MatchPreviews/SquadNamed.aspx

Pretty clear since they started doing the semis at Wembley that the FA just want to recoup their money. This is just another money grabbing exercise.

But they are limiting the capacity for the game and all seats are sold out. How useless are wembley ? I went to the box office a couple of days ago to try and get some tickets for my wife and son and i was told that i couldn't buy tickets for matches at the stadium and that i had to apply through the FA website or phone for them.
I dont know any other football ground in the country that doesn't sell tickets for their own stadium.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:36 am

spiv wrote:

But they are limiting the capacity for the game and all seats are sold out. How useless are wembley ? I went to the box office a couple of days ago to try and get some tickets for my wife and son and i was told that i couldn't buy tickets for matches at the stadium and that i had to apply through the FA website or phone for them.
I dont know any other football ground in the country that doesn't sell tickets for their own stadium.

Sorry cheif, I dunno why they would do something like that. The only thing I can think of (and it's pretty out there) is that they've limited the no of people so that they can limit the number of paid security at the stadium.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 am

spiv wrote:

Sorry cheif, I dunno why they would do something like that. The only thing I can think of (and it's pretty out there) is that they've limited the no of people so that they can limit the number of paid security at the stadium.

it could be that they've only sold sections to make the crowd be more tightly packed and not have a 2/3 empty stadium. Clearly tho someone needs to pay for Wembley. What else can you expect them to do?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:52 am

under 21? I thought he was about 40 now
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser