Training Thursday 5/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 5/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Back to the cold wet miserable Carrington weather today. Vinnie and Lescott back in full training with RSC and Bridge having a pretty good work out with a physio and expected back in full training tomorrow. AND Robinho was out doing a 1 to 1 with a physio and is a possible for full training next week.

Plenty of warm up stuff and as they started off with a jog around the field Adebayor got a special round of applause and laughter as he came out late and had to catch up. MJ was the first out by quite a few minutes and having a lengthy chat with EN. The warm up stuff ended with the keep ball circles and the liveliness of the group started to develop. All the time EN pushing them to be sharp in everything they did.

EN then took them through some attacking routines with the emphasis on pace and movement and definitely a shot on goal at the end. It wasn't all great but overall fairly positive.Then they moved onto a match scenario but not before Hughes had got them altogether for some words. He did this before the first pitch exercise too! Whilst he always does have words it isn't that often he gathers them all twice in quick succession.

In the match play EN would stop things quite often when they weren't getting it right. Hard to be sure from a distance but the imperession I got there were a few things he was picking on. One was the defenders not using the space often in front of them to move forward with the ball rather than playing something hopeful. They do not want hopeful but much more assured passing starting from the back and through NDJ/GB/SI or whoever.

Another was having some patience. Similar to the first issue but even more so when getting into the attacking half. Not to just go for the first thing that appears like a hopeful ball in the middle to the 1 man who might be there but work it around. It's all about pass and move but the last aspect was also getting people in the box . That was all the impressions I got.

As it was fairly stop start not a lot to pick from the general play. Nedum did look assured though. Shay was in the closest goal and when I congratulated him for Sunday he reacted with " I would rather we had won 5 .4 " Legend.

The final part of the session today was 6 a side with smaller nets in driving rain at times. He won't like me for saying it but when Benjani nutmegged Bellers it was very funny and he did see the funny side when he swore. Needless to say he got his own back with a hat trick in his sides victory with David Gonzales whatsisname keeping everything out at the other end.

A few knocks and bruises along the way today but nothing of note I hope. NDJ limping at one time but he shrugged off the trainer, SWP hitting the deck regularly but bouncing up as usual
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 5/11

Postby mr_nool » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Many thanks for a great report Doug!

Rain or shine, eh?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Top stuff as always DH, Cheers fella
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Crossie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Ohh so we might get everyone in a ful training session before sat (bar robbie) what a luxury
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Legend!

It does concern me with hardly ever (never?) having a nearly full sized squad in training. You mention plays only just back in training today, and thats not even toure? I mean 2 days of training then a match? Our squad seems unfit as it is due to lack of match time / niggly injuries. I mean MH said he had a full team to choose from last saturday; then we missed Ade and Toure. Players like tevez and RSC still aren't fit to me.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Toure was in training yesterday and still there today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Cheers Doug, top stuff.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Toure was in training yesterday and still there today.

So, everyone was involved in training today except Robinho?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, top stuff.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Toure was in training yesterday and still there today.

So, everyone was involved in training today except Robinho?

Sort of yes. RSC and Bridge were working apart with a physio and Robinho 1 to 1 but effectively everyone was out there doing something.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:41 pm

You are my hero, knowing what the weather has been like in Sale, not far from Carrington. Thanks for the info great reporting as usual
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Dougie, do you know when are they flying out to Abu Dhabi.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Dougie, do you know when are they flying out to Abu Dhabi.

Haven't spoken to anyone about it but no doubt it will crop up soon.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tbilisi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Tell you what Doug does a great job for you guys.Went for the first time today and it was absolutely pissing down.Thanks for the use of the brolly Doug!
Tbilisi
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Citeh&Crew » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Doug, who would you say will start in that back line? Do you think Toure will be a shoe-in? I am hoping that we see Mad Zaba, Toure, Lescott and Bridge. I know we are at home, but even then (considering recent matches), Shay has had to pull out some incredible heroics.
Citeh&Crew

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Citeh&Crew wrote:Doug, who would you say will start in that back line? Do you think Toure will be a shoe-in? I am hoping that we see Mad Zaba, Toure, Lescott and Bridge. I know we are at home, but even then (considering recent matches), Shay has had to pull out some incredible heroics.

The key defensive question is at right full back and I think recent decisions suggest Zabba is the number 1 choice at the moment. Bridge will play at left full back if fully fit but if not Silvnho will do a good job, As for the centre backs my thinking is it doesnt or shouldnt matter that much which of the 4 we have should play.The 4 being Toure and Lescott who I personally would favour at the moment if fully fit but then Vinnie and Nedum as alternatives.

The latter 2 are both quality but as yet not had much football so probably won't get the nod but as I say that supposes both the other 2 are considered fully fit.We are in the situation where we should not be risking playing anyone who is not fully fit if we have seriously able deputies waiting for their chance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 am

Tbilisi wrote:Tell you what Doug does a great job for you guys.Went for the first time today and it was absolutely pissing down.Thanks for the use of the brolly Doug!

Not a problem T it was good to meet you on your first trip to Carrington. The first of many I hope. I don't mind doing a Steve McLaren impression with the brolly.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 am

"SWP hitting the deck regularly but bouncing up as usual"

Nice commentary Doug...
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Back to the cold wet miserable Carrington weather today. Vinnie and Lescott back in full training with RSC and Bridge having a pretty good work out with a physio and expected back in full training tomorrow. AND Robinho was out doing a 1 to 1 with a physio and is a possible for full training next week.

Plenty of warm up stuff and as they started off with a jog around the field Adebayor got a special round of applause and laughter as he came out late and had to catch up. MJ was the first out by quite a few minutes and having a lengthy chat with EN. The warm up stuff ended with the keep ball circles and the liveliness of the group started to develop. All the time EN pushing them to be sharp in everything they did.

EN then took them through some attacking routines with the emphasis on pace and movement and definitely a shot on goal at the end. It wasn't all great but overall fairly positive.Then they moved onto a match scenario but not before Hughes had got them altogether for some words. He did this before the first pitch exercise too! Whilst he always does have words it isn't that often he gathers them all twice in quick succession.

In the match play EN would stop things quite often when they weren't getting it right. Hard to be sure from a distance but the imperession I got there were a few things he was picking on. One was the defenders not using the space often in front of them to move forward with the ball rather than playing something hopeful. They do not want hopeful but much more assured passing starting from the back and through NDJ/GB/SI or whoever.

Another was having some patience. Similar to the first issue but even more so when getting into the attacking half. Not to just go for the first thing that appears like a hopeful ball in the middle to the 1 man who might be there but work it around. It's all about pass and move but the last aspect was also getting people in the box . That was all the impressions I got.

As it was fairly stop start not a lot to pick from the general play. Nedum did look assured though. Shay was in the closest goal and when I congratulated him for Sunday he reacted with " I would rather we had won 5 .4 " Legend.

The final part of the session today was 6 a side with smaller nets in driving rain at times. He won't like me for saying it but when Benjani nutmegged Bellers it was very funny and he did see the funny side when he swore. Needless to say he got his own back with a hat trick in his sides victory with David Gonzales whatsisname keeping everything out at the other end.

A few knocks and bruises along the way today but nothing of note I hope. NDJ limping at one time but he shrugged off the trainer, SWP hitting the deck regularly but bouncing up as usual

I'm very glad they've read the board and picked up on this.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum