Player Ratings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Player Ratings

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Just got back from the game today, and here is my take on the players performances....

Given = 6 (nowt to do, apart from collect the ball from his net, no chance with pen, felt he should and could have done a little better with the other 2 (crosses across the face of goal)).
Zabaleta = 8 (best defender for us today, all energy and action, as well as aggressive in the tackle).
Toure = 7 (good reading of the game, played some nice passes and tried to keep us going with the ball on the deck (lost cause!!) won everything in the air today).
Lescott = 5 (waste of money, passing is always a hopeful 60 yard lump, cannot read a game situation and even found time to wave at someone in the crowd after 20 mins).
Bridge = 1 (can someone explain why he gets in ahead of Sylvinho or Garrido??...both better defenders than this waster, Hughes picked him, so that is why he gets a 1).
SWP = 9 (MOM, never stopped working and running, scored a goal to get us back and created another, always an outlet and finally produced this time).
Barry = 4 (control, passing and vision were shocking, stood off the play far too much and was easily bypassed throughout the game, he is far better than he is playing, but wants dropping).
Ireland = 6 (few good tackles when needed, odd decent run, but passing was wayward all game, no urgency in his play when we had chance to break).
Bellamy = 6 (a lot of whinging to the referee, but not a lot of production today from Bellers, took his goal well though or marks would have been less).
Tevez = 6 (runs all day, hard worker, brought others into the game, but never in the box when the crosses come in.....is he a striker??).
Adebayor = 4 (BONEIDLE, tiresome and clumbersome today, poor control, bad choices and played at walking pace throughout, maybe he is still injured?)
Petrov = 5 (Out of position, he is only left footed so our manager chose him for the right???.....confused.com!!....never had enough time to establish himself and why bother?, when he performs well he gets dropped!).

Hughes = 2 (Nice suit and sat in the correct dugout)
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Re: Player Ratings

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Just got back from the game today, and here is my take on the players performances....

Given = 6 (nowt to do, apart from collect the ball from his net, no chance with pen, felt he should and could have done a little better with the other 2 (crosses across the face of goal)).
Zabaleta = 8 (best defender for us today, all energy and action, as well as aggressive in the tackle).
Toure = 7 (good reading of the game, played some nice passes and tried to keep us going with the ball on the deck (lost cause!!) won everything in the air today).
Lescott = 5 (waste of money, passing is always a hopeful 60 yard lump, cannot read a game situation and even found time to wave at someone in the crowd after 20 mins).
Bridge = 1 (can someone explain why he gets in ahead of Sylvinho or Garrido??...both better defenders than this waster, Hughes picked him, so that is why he gets a 1).
SWP = 9 (MOM, never stopped working and running, scored a goal to get us back and created another, always an outlet and finally produced this time).
Barry = 4 (control, passing and vision were shocking, stood off the play far too much and was easily bypassed throughout the game, he is far better than he is playing, but wants dropping).
Ireland = 6 (few good tackles when needed, odd decent run, but passing was wayward all game, no urgency in his play when we had chance to break).
Bellamy = 6 (a lot of whinging to the referee, but not a lot of production today from Bellers, took his goal well though or marks would have been less).
Tevez = 6 (runs all day, hard worker, brought others into the game, but never in the box when the crosses come in.....is he a striker??).
Adebayor = 4 (BONEIDLE, tiresome and clumbersome today, poor control, bad choices and played at walking pace throughout, maybe he is still injured?)
Petrov = 5 (Out of position, he is only left footed so our manager chose him for the right???.....confused.com!!....never had enough time to establish himself and why bother?, when he performs well he gets dropped!).

Agree with all of that.

Now I'm going for a lie down.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Just got back from the game today, and here is my take on the players performances....

Agree with all of that.

I dont agree with bridge I thought he did well.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Agree with all of that.

I dont agree with bridge I thought he did well.

Are you for REAL????

Bridge has been very good for the last few games but he was fucking DIRE today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, you have me baffled sometimes mate!
Original Dub

Postby simon12 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Toure 7 and Bridge 1 did you just watch the warm up.Stevie I felt sorry for because he was stifled by Tevez. Stevie cannot be effective with Tevez in the team as they run into the same space
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Geo123 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Bridge 1 thats hilarious, considering barry is the left sided centre midfield player and no longer has the confidence to show for the ball short, play one twos with bridge and give him the chance to pass it forward....

Tevez is the most generous 6 ive ever seen, his control is awful, everytime he touches it he needs to tackle to get it back,,, please rewatch the game an see how many times he made the same run as stevie and crowded him out to a stage that ireland stopped making the runs, Why is our forward making the same runs as our creative midfielder and picking up the positions he is trying to get in too,,

Does anyone else think petrov is playing for himself,, wont pass unless he has no other option, all he wants to do is point at his name on his shirt to sell himself, shuda squared to ade instead of shit shot,

Ade was awful nothing else to say on him, would really likr to see how nedum does next to toure and leave les and bridge fight it out for left back
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby The Original Special One » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Geo123 wrote:Bridge 1 thats hilarious, considering barry is the left sided centre midfield player and no longer has the confidence to show for the ball short, play one twos with bridge and give him the chance to pass it forward....

Tevez is the most generous 6 ive ever seen, his control is awful, everytime he touches it he needs to tackle to get it back,,, please rewatch the game an see how many times he made the same run as stevie and crowded him out to a stage that ireland stopped making the runs, Why is our forward making the same runs as our creative midfielder and picking up the positions he is trying to get in too,,

Does anyone else think petrov is playing for himself,, wont pass unless he has no other option, all he wants to do is point at his name on his shirt to sell himself, shuda squared to ade instead of shit shot,

Ade was awful nothing else to say on him, would really likr to see how nedum does next to toure and leave les and bridge fight it out for left back

Adebayor looked well off the pace; I'm willing to allow, though, that he wasn't fully match fit.
Agree about Tevez
And Petrov: too greedy today
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Socrates » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:30 pm

The Original Special One wrote:
Geo123 wrote:Bridge 1 thats hilarious, considering barry is the left sided centre midfield player and no longer has the confidence to show for the ball short, play one twos with bridge and give him the chance to pass it forward....

Adebayor looked well off the pace; I'm willing to allow, though, that he wasn't fully match fit.
Agree about Tevez

Not sure I agree about Petrov, he was obviously asked by the manager to go on the right so he could switch inside and have a go at goal? At least when he shoots it has a chance of hitting the back of the net. When Tevez shoots from long range (again and again and a-fucking-gain) you fear for the safety of the stewards near the corner flag! And don't get me started on his interception of what should have been a goal for Ade. Greed thy name is Carlos...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby The Original Special One » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Socrates wrote:

Agree about Tevez

Not sure I agree about Petrov, he was obviously asked by the manager to go on the right so he could switch inside and have a go at goal? At least when he shoots it has a chance of hitting the back of the net. When Tevez shoots from long range (again and again and a-fucking-gain) you fear for the safety of the stewards near the corner flag! And don't get me started on his interception of what should have been a goal for Ade. Greed thy name is Carlos...

I'd deduct marks from Petrov for shooting with his right foot when he must have known he couldn't score.

Tevez definitely should be dropped: Petrov at least deserves a start on the left until Robinho is fit: SWP won a reprieve today but it was only because he faced Jordan so the jury is still out as to whether he's still good enough
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Twobob » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:51 pm

oh bollox - i gotta agree with RIG on this to - however have to say Given did pull off a couple of cracking saves to keep us in it - so 7 for him.

Swp =mom i agree and zabba close behined!

Tit award goes to lescot - needs to stich his arms to his fking sides! Setup the goal though so credit for that!

Bridge allways out of possition, tevez cant shoot and hughes doesnt know where a left winger should play. At least we started with Ireland who showed glimpses of his usual self in the 2nd half.

All in all poor - starting to run out of any defense for hughes et al.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:39 am

Socrates wrote:

Agree about Tevez

Agree and disagree at the same time if that is possible on Tevez the pass may not have reached Ade there was a player between Tev and Ade but if you are rushing in it's your job to try and get somthing on it and it could just have easily gone in
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby kiddymax » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 am

Zabaleta was sleeping on the second goal for me 7 is the righ rating.
Barry, Bridge and Lescott 4 for me.
Ade 5
Hughes OUT 0-
kiddymax
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Given - 6 - could'nt fault him for any of the goals
Zabba - 7 - decent but nothing over effective
Toure - 6 - as captain he should be organising the defence and he should take some fault for some of the goals
Lescott - 5 - stupid for the peno, dropped too deep
Bridge - 4 - worst positioning ever, compacted the middle by running aimlessly into it
SWP - 4 - totally inept, see points below
Ireland - 7 - always looking to go forward, not much movement from front 2 to benefit
Barry - 4 - touch is off, has not looked at it last few games
Bellemy - 7 - good going forward and looked the only one to make the runs in behind.
Ade - 6 - off the pace, showed what he can do, only in bits though
Tevez - 6 - drops deep and shows alot for the ball but needs to be more clinical around the box.

SWP - even though he scored 1 and set up 1 i thought he was totally crap. his short passing is shit. for the goal, complete luck got him in position, the defender got in a good tackle and it rebounded of the defenders leg, if the shot did'nt deflect of jordan it would have been straight at the keeper.

when he runs with the ball, it always seems to get trapped under his feet and he spends more time looking down at the ball than looking up for the free man, again shown in the lead up to his goal when tevez was free in the box but SWP was to busy playing pinball with the ball between his legs.

his final ball is something similar to what you would expect from a 14 year old, just lob it up and hope for the best, making it impossible for the attacker to get power on it.

i know SWP seems to be an untouchable on here, and even some had him down as MOM, but just watch the next game and watch his movement, his slow spped of thought, his crap short passes

We do not need to play with out and out wingers every game and when we do need one i think Vlad is as good as SWP so i would think his time at the club is limited
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby miss-mancity » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 am

Given - 6 ok
Zabba - 7 good
Toure - 6 comming
Lescott - 6 one mistake the handball..
Bridge - 3 Where???
SWP - 7 love you..
Ireland - 5 miss Robinho a lot..
Barry - 3 did he play???
Bellemy - 6 good goal..
Ade - 6 Fuck arsenal.. geet back to you good form..
Tevez - 6 work hard & create space fore other player..
-------------------
Petrov - 5 he is good when starting..
----------------
MH - 0 no comment needet......
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Return to The Maine Football forum