Atwell "fast tracked"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Atwell "fast tracked"

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 am

Why on earth was that blind idiot "fast tracked" into the premier league?
He was an absolute sham today and that Watford "goal" was something else!

The FA must be at blame here, why on worth would they "fast track" someone? If its on the basis of him being an exceptional referee, than I am afraid they are wrong and he needs sorting out.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Atwell "fast tracked"

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:21 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Why on earth was that blind idiot "fast tracked" into the premier league?
He was an absolute sham today and that Watford "goal" was something else!

The FA must be at blame here, why on worth would they "fast track" someone? If its on the basis of him being an exceptional referee, than I am afraid they are wrong and he needs sorting out.

The commentator on match of the day stopped short of saying it, but clearly felt he had an awful game.

The performance was truly appalling today - for both teams
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:34 am

If I'm honest that's were I heard that he was "fast tracked" - I just cudnt believe it!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 am

He was truly dreadful. However, you need to start somewhere. Just a shame his match values were totally off the mark. He gave frees when he shouldn't and let play go when he should of. And he had to keep lecturing because players took too many liberties.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am

Can somebody help me out with this, as I am struggling to understand the difficulty with refereeing

Now I wouldnt dream of saying that I would be good enough to play in the professional game as a footballer, but what the fuck qualifications, talent and experience do you need to have in order to blow you whistle when an obvious infringement has happened, and not stick your fucking oar in when nothing has happened.

That twat had put himself under so much pressure with his performance having got so many decisions completely wrong right from the start, he at one point blew for the fouI on Ireland and pointed the wrong way - which shows he was all over the fucking show mentally.

He had a big long chat with Adebayor after he threw himself into a couple of tackles. Adebayor said nothing, the referee lectured him for 20 seconds - why not just say, "one more and its a yellow" "ok ref"...and on with the game. He also had a long chat with Bellamy and I think booked him, when Bellamy actually slid PAST the player. He missed a two footed lunge by a city player which should probably have been a sending off, and much much more

I know refereeing can be a lonely job at times, and I know people have got to start somewhere, but that guy was a fucking disgrace (for both teams I might add)

He has had his chance at the top table, and blown it time and again - its time to move onto the next candidate.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby simon12 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:17 am

I`m in West level 1 on 18 yrd line and we all heard Bellers at about 70 mins shout to the 4th official "The refs fucking useless" to which we all stood up and applauded. He was dreadful as was the liner on our side. Thats his 3rd game at our place this season and he`s shite.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:48 am

Even if we'd won, this thread would've been here as that was one of the most clueless refereeing performances of all time at COMS. Did it affect the result? Nope as he was equally as shite for both teams

Fast track system my arse
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 am

I think it would have affected the result. We missed out on some free kicks in some very tasty positions.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 pm

dazby wrote:I think it would have affected the result. We missed out on some free kicks in some very tasty positions.

Aye and Tevez would've passed them straight back to their keeper
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edgeley blue » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

simon12 wrote:I`m in West level 1 on 18 yrd line and we all heard Bellers at about 70 mins shout to the 4th official "The refs fucking useless" to which we all stood up and applauded. He was dreadful as was the liner on our side. Thats his 3rd game at our place this season and he`s shite.

lol on the east side, after yet another appalling decision in about 75th min, Bellars just looked at the lino and said "you're a knob" and didnt bother arguing, he simply knew there was no point.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Return to The Maine Football forum