can we get positive

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: can we get positive

Postby bobadji » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm

How can we get positive when theres a utd fan serving in our shop?!?!!?
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Blue2 wrote:We have had just about the easiest start to a season that we could have hoped and we have underachieved.

We have played 5 teams that finished above us, and all three promoted banana skins early in the season. Not sure that's the easiest we could have hoped for. Five of these sides (or equivalent) beat us last term (we beat four of them) and we managed only 13 points from the equivalent fixtures. We have scored 4 more and conceded 5 less goals than the equivalent fixtures too.

The better than 50% points improvement would see us in fourth compared with last seasons finishers. Underachieved compared with what? Manchester City or our new inflated expectations of them?

Blue2 wrote: It will be difficult to clay bak the points we have lost recently.

They're gone you're right. But from the same fixtures last time we lost five more games and given away 19 points to other teams for a minus 2 GD. This time we've lost one, given away only 8 points and got a plus 7 goal difference.

correct,and in the first 11 games we started against last season, we played only chelsea and liverpool. this season its utd and arsenal, we played two teams who went down eg, newcastle and middlesbough and we played villa,west ham,sunderland,pompey, wigan,stoke,bolton. so what the diff.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Blue2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:46 pm

£200 m ? plus another 12 mths in charge.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Blue2 wrote:We have had just about the easiest start to a season that we could have hoped and we have underachieved.

We have played 5 teams that finished above us, and all three promoted banana skins early in the season. Not sure that's the easiest we could have hoped for. Five of these sides (or equivalent) beat us last term (we beat four of them) and we managed only 13 points from the equivalent fixtures. We have scored 4 more and conceded 5 less goals than the equivalent fixtures too.

The better than 50% points improvement would see us in fourth compared with last seasons finishers. Underachieved compared with what? Manchester City or our new inflated expectations of them?

Blue2 wrote: It will be difficult to clay bak the points we have lost recently.

They're gone you're right. But from the same fixtures last time we lost five more games and given away 19 points to other teams for a minus 2 GD. This time we've lost one, given away only 8 points and got a plus 7 goal difference.

Alex - just thinking as I down a (hopefully last) Magners that I am having a sort of perverse de ja vue - I have only been a member about 11 months - but one of my first clear impressions was that there was a 'Hughes out at all costs' cadre that were continuously attacking those seeking stability and talking about things improving in the 2nd half of the season - the clear message was - results to date etc / stats and more stats

And yet things did improve in the 2nd half and here we are sitting 6th (probably better in real terms) at least in line with our targets and with a squad that will likely deliver a lot more when they gel - one certainly the envy of most of our competitors (Liverpool?) and money to spend to strengthen in January unlike most

So whilst I am no less disappointed at the missed opportunity of recent weeks (this is a guy that placed bets of £3,035 @ 33/1 on CITY wining the title) - I think that we are really well placed.

But surprise surprise - now the message is ignore what may happen - concentrate on what as gone???

So either some people are:

1/ Inconsistent.
2/ Insincere,
3/ New plastic fans,
4/ Just fucking miserable gits - with arrogance pumped up due to the new money and no / little real understanding of how to build a dynasty?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 pm

or 5) extremely worried that we are going to miss the narrow window of opportunity we have before the door is slammed in our faces by UEFA???
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Socrates wrote:or 5) extremely worried that we are going to miss the narrow window of opportunity we have before the door is slammed in our faces by UEFA???

Well you know I am with you on that - as you also know - because you said it - it is now too late too bang on about change - so can we (others than you I mean here) just get on with enjoying this new experience- being able to moan when we are in this position
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:46 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Socrates wrote:or 5) extremely worried that we are going to miss the narrow window of opportunity we have before the door is slammed in our faces by UEFA???

Well you know I am with you on that - as you also know - because you said it - it is now too late too bang on about change - so can we (others than you I mean here) just get on with enjoying this new experience- being able to moan when we are in this position

Now that is the one of the first posts I have seen you write that I have shook my head at! That will never happen, we could win everything in sight and some people will not be happy as it does not meet their pre-determined agendas. There are many posters on here that are true city fans, but not the type of city fans that you are I would associate ourselves with in real life.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

Now that is the one of the first posts I have seen you write that I have shook my head at! That will never happen, we could win everything in sight and some people will not be happy as it does not meet their pre-determined agendas. There are many posters on here that are true city fans, but not the type of city fans that you are I would associate ourselves with in real life.

I am hanging my hat on the post he wrote that sort of (begrudgingly) was clear with the threat of the Platini agenda we need to get on the bus now - so all the Hughes out stuff is a bit pointless - that is mega reasonable and well stated compared to some of the thoughtless idiots on here
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:55 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

I am hanging my hat on the post he wrote that sort of (begrudgingly) was clear with the threat of the Platini agenda we need to get on the bus now - so all the Hughes out stuff is a bit pointless - that is mega reasonable and well stated compared to some of the thoughtless idiots on here

Agreed, although JF or Socrates will always try and debate the more political slant of things and will love the thought that he has you on side.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum