can we get positive

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

can we get positive

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:25 pm

on here,we have lost 1 game this season and we should have got a draw. we are 6th with a game in hand, last year we lost to villa, wigan away and fulham at home. we are playing better football then we have for a long time[ apart for some bad defending ] AND WE WILL GET IN TO THE TOP FOUR. it took us 17 games this time last year to get 20 pts and we do it this year in 11. it will come alright soon so BE POSITIVE AND STOP MOANING. AFEW ON HERE HAVE SEEN MUCH WORSE AND WE ARE STILL HERE
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: can we get positive

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:39 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:on here,we have lost 1 game this season and we should have got a draw. we are 6th with a game in hand, last year we lost to villa, wigan away and fulham at home. we are playing better football then we have for a long time[ apart for some bad defending ] AND WE WILL GET IN TO THE TOP FOUR. it took us 17 games this time last year to get 20 pts and we do it this year in 11. it will come alright soon so BE POSITIVE AND STOP MOANING. AFEW ON HERE HAVE SEEN MUCH WORSE AND WE ARE STILL HERE

Wrong thread hughes licker ;)
Original Dub

Postby viking the Odd » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Positives, A break for our manager in Abu-Dhabi, where hopefully his employers will be ready to read the riot act. The current run of reults may be acceptable for a team wishing to consolidate mid-table, but for a team with high asperations,such as ourselves, not near good enough, and really there can't be any excuses.
That's positive.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:on here,we have lost 1 game this season and we should have got a draw. we are 6th with a game in hand, last year we lost to villa, wigan away and fulham at home. we are playing better football then we have for a long time[ apart for some bad defending ] AND WE WILL GET IN TO THE TOP FOUR. it took us 17 games this time last year to get 20 pts and we do it this year in 11. it will come alright soon so BE POSITIVE AND STOP MOANING. AFEW ON HERE HAVE SEEN MUCH WORSE AND WE ARE STILL HERE

Wrong thread hughes licker ;)

so are our owners a hughes licker, as they are the ones who employ him
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:59 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:on here,we have lost 1 game this season and we should have got a draw. we are 6th with a game in hand, last year we lost to villa, wigan away and fulham at home. we are playing better football then we have for a long time[ apart for some bad defending ] AND WE WILL GET IN TO THE TOP FOUR. it took us 17 games this time last year to get 20 pts and we do it this year in 11. it will come alright soon so BE POSITIVE AND STOP MOANING AFEW ON HERE HAVE SEEN MUCH WORSE AND WE ARE STILL HERE

We are playing better football. I feel sorry those who went last season then, some of the players are not upto it.

We will get into the top four well thats optimistic on current form more like stupidity if you ask me
Be positive and stop moaning. I am positive positive we need a new manager before that happens
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:on here,we have lost 1 game this season and we should have got a draw. we are 6th with a game in hand, last year we lost to villa, wigan away and fulham at home. we are playing better football then we have for a long time[ apart for some bad defending ] AND WE WILL GET IN TO THE TOP FOUR. it took us 17 games this time last year to get 20 pts and we do it this year in 11. it will come alright soon so BE POSITIVE AND STOP MOANING AFEW ON HERE HAVE SEEN MUCH WORSE AND WE ARE STILL HERE

We are playing better football. I feel sorry those who went last season then, some of the players are not upto it.

We will get into the top four well thats optimistic on current form more like stupidity if you ask me
Be positive and stop moaning. I am positive positive we need a new manager before that happens

well didnt you go last season, because belive me some of the football last year was dire.
so where do you think we will finish then, comon mr gloom tell us
comon mr positive, who do you want as manager,
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm just hoping this is our run of bad form for the season as most teams have one. If it is our bit of bad form then i'm pleased that we are not losing games.
I may just be deluding myself though.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby stinky pete » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:18 pm

THE BOOING DOES NOT HELP ANYBODY?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 pm

stinky pete wrote:THE BOOING DOES NOT HELP ANYBODY?

At the end of a match after a disappointing effort the booing is more than justified.
Actually after a result and performance like yesterday, it is exactly what we must do. We do need to show the players, the manager, the chairman, the owners and the fellow fans that We simply DO NOT ACCEPT even mediocre results.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby edge275 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 pm

stinky pete wrote:THE BOOING DOES NOT HELP ANYBODY?

It helps the club no end if the booing results in kicking Hughes and co out the club.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:49 pm

If we continue to keep drawing matches we will get nowhere near our goal this season. We need to win much more matches not draw them, don't you agree?

Are you being serious? In my Honest opinion our football last season was by far more entertaining to watch (if you are only looking at the results, fine.

The rest part I partly agree with you. Hopefully everything will work out for us in time to make the most of the fantastic opportunity we have to break into the top four.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:53 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

well didnt you go last season, because belive me some of the football last year was dire.
so where do you think we will finish then, comon mr gloom tell us
comon mr positive, who do you want as manager,

I did go last season and saw a far more inventive side with some imagination on the odd occasion, all I have seen this season is a side looking to pass sideways, backwards and go to our own goalkeeper in as few passes as possible for him to lump upfield, either that or Bridge and Lescott to do so for him!.

I think we will finish mid-table, which is where Hughes is used to leading a side to finish, no higher than 8th and no lower than 12th, but this will be a "win-win" season, as it will mean a new manager come May.

Who do I want?, well Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello, Marcello Lippi, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Frank Rijkaard or Guus Hiddink will do for starters, the difference between them and the one we have, is they are used to winning trophies and capable of doing so, get a side organised, tough to break down and win football matches......basically any WINNER will do for me.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby bluemoon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

In all fairness you make some reasonable points and as you rightly point out, statistically there has been an improvement on last season, but then again you would expect that given the money spent and the quality of players at the managers disposal. I still think it's way too early to judge where this team will actually finish come the end of the season under the current regime. The signs of late haven't been great and for me personally it's the next half a dozen games that should give us a much clearer indication of whether the manager can get this team to where the owner and supporters feel we should be.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

If we continue to keep drawing matches we will get nowhere near our goal this season. We need to win much more matches not draw them, don't you agree?

Are you being serious? In my Honest opinion our football last season was by far more entertaining to watch (if you are only looking at the results, fine.

The rest part I partly agree with you. Hopefully everything will work out for us in time to make the most of the fantastic opportunity we have to break into the top four.

Sorry if you really believe that then you can not have been very often last season - certainly not to many / any away matches
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:40 am

It's a funny old business all round. Just had a pint with a Liverpool fan tonight - he doesn't understand what our problem is, he thinks we're doing ok.

Do I run down my own club in the face of such optimism?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:It's a funny old business all round. Just had a pint with a Liverpool fan tonight - he doesn't understand what our problem is, he thinks we're doing ok.

That's probably because he thinks we're shit.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 am

edge275 wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:It's a funny old business all round. Just had a pint with a Liverpool fan tonight - he doesn't understand what our problem is, he thinks we're doing ok.

No he doesn't, and he's worried about meeting us.

Just adding perspective.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 am

We have had just about the easiest start to a season that we could have hoped and we have underachieved. It will be difficult to claw back the points we have lost recently.
Last edited by Blue2 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 am

Blue2 wrote:We have had just about the easiest start to a season that we could have hoped and we have underachieved.

We have played 5 teams that finished above us, and all three promoted banana skins early in the season. Not sure that's the easiest we could have hoped for. Five of these sides (or equivalent) beat us last term (we beat four of them) and we managed only 13 points from the equivalent fixtures. We have scored 4 more and conceded 5 less goals than the equivalent fixtures too.

The better than 50% points improvement would see us in fourth compared with last seasons finishers. Underachieved compared with what? Manchester City or our new inflated expectations of them?

Blue2 wrote: It will be difficult to clay bak the points we have lost recently.

They're gone you're right. But from the same fixtures last time we lost five more games and given away 19 points to other teams for a minus 2 GD. This time we've lost one, given away only 8 points and got a plus 7 goal difference.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:57 pm

edge275 wrote:

and liverpool have lost how many
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum