The dawn of realisation.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The dawn of realisation.

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:There's no such thing as a work in progress. We should be the finished article now. We have spent money godammit.

But you might find part way through a work in progress that you have bought the wrong materials or the wrong sort of glue?
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:There's no such thing as a work in progress. We should be the finished article now. We have spent money godammit.

But you might find part way through a work in progress that you have bought the wrong materials or the wrong sort of glue?

I like the materials we've bought thanks very much... just no point in thinking the glue will stick immediately, that's all.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I like the materials we've bought thanks very much... just no point in thinking the glue will stick immediately, that's all.

The glue seems to be made of acid...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Blue2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Nice one, should have got super glue.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Correct some of the materials might not be quite right or we may just need a little bit more
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Correct some of the materials might not be quite right or we may just need a little bit more

Or the builder might turn out to be a cowboy :O(
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:21 pm

The materials are fine, its the twunt putting them together thats the problem.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Bluez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Crossie wrote:Our great start spoiled us.

It took the pressue of us that has now come, and should have been expected from the start, we have a very inexperienced (as a team) back 4 playing together for the first time, they rode their luck in the first 3 games.

I remember the Westham game, and Arsenal at home, i was so impressed with the effort and closing down and willingness to win, so determined, it was fantastic.

That has gone now.

Question is why.

Injuries to key players haven't helped, we have hardly had Robinho, Ireland has missed a load of games as has Adebayor and Toure, How can the back four gel if a main player in it is missing.

But you have to wonder about why there is so much panic. Its not unreasonable to suggest that if we had played Everton and we were on 12 games like everyone else we would now be in 4th. So the panic is being casued by the fact that Everton were in Europe. Fickle.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Bluez wrote:

It took the pressue of us that has now come, and should have been expected from the start, we have a very inexperienced (as a team) back 4 playing together for the first time, they rode their luck in the first 3 games.

I remember the Westham game, and Arsenal at home, i was so impressed with the effort and closing down and willingness to win, so determined, it was fantastic.

That has gone now.

Question is why.

Injuries to key players haven't helped, we have hardly had Robinho, Ireland has missed a load of games as has Adebayor and Toure, How can the back four gel if a main player in it is missing.

But you have to wonder about why there is so much panic. Its not unreasonable to suggest that if we had played Everton and we were on 12 games like everyone else we would now be in 4th. So the panic is being casued by the fact that Everton were in Europe. Fickle.

But surely our squad is so deep injuries shouldn't have hurt that much? And I was very worried last week when we were 4th. We are there thanks to early results - our form now is nowhere near good enough.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Bluez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Socrates wrote:
Bluez wrote:

That has gone now.

Question is why.

But surely our squad is so deep injuries shouldn't have hurt that much? And I was very worried last week when we were 4th. We are there thanks to early results - our form now is nowhere near good enough.

But I think anyone would agree that a defence works as a unit. In the last 5 games we have drawn, due to injuries and suspentions we have used 4 different back four combinations. Do you seriously think that won't affect communication? Especially when you consider Toure came at the start of the season, Lescott later than that, Bridge is less than 12 months and Kompany doesn't often play there.

What ever you think of Hughes having to change the back four so often (through nothing to do with his decisions) has been the main cause of our troubles.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 am

Blue2 wrote:The materials are fine, its the twunt putting them together thats the problem.

You're consistent mate, I'll give you that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

The best glues take time to set (gel) properly.

If you want a quick fix try sellotape!

The same goes with ingredients in good food. Now where did I put that pot noodle?
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum