This is how we will stop leaking goals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This is how we will stop leaking goals

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 am

Bluez wrote:Having the same back four for 2 games in a row would probably help

And midfield!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

sandman wrote:
Bluez wrote:Having the same back four for 2 games in a row would probably help

And midfield!!

And perhaps stop playing strikers in midfield might work too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 am

i remember playing under 14 football and i was playing CB, the other CB and i had never played together and we were shit for the 1st couple of games, then the manager had a brain wave and got 2 pieces of rope and tied it around our waists and tied a loose knot in the middle, if we drifted too far apart it broke. we soon learned each others movements, when to push out etc. it was quiet embarrising training this way but it seemed to work.

cant see hughes using this method but something needs to be done to quicken up there understanding of each other. saturday was a complete joke, typified by the second goal, if the 2 CB's had dropped back together, they would have either put the player in the middle offside or made the player with the ball run at shay on a tight angle.

i would like to see a back 4 of;

Ned------Komps------Toure-------Lescott

let lescott settle in at full back and work alongside toure, also having toure's pace to help him out with wingers, our full backs just are not good enough at the moment and we need the defence to get some confidence back 1st
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

He would fix our defence however you really think Hughes will take Lescott off for him? I don't..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby salford city » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 am

It will be interesting to see what happens when a fully-fit Ned is available. Really like the boy & his attitude. He's a great athlete and reads the game well. Neither Toure or Lescott are the dominant partner in a partnership. They both work better with someone alongside who is going to win the first ball. If you speak to any sensible Everton or Arsenal fan, they'll confirm that neither is renown for their aerial supremacy. For me, Ned goes in alongside Toure and Lescott goes to left back.Ned does not have the ball skills to play at right back and that is a position that we can expect to see a new face in come January. We haven't had Ned available yet and so maybe now we'll see exactly what Hughes' intentions are for the defence. I think that the injuries in this area are what are hampering him at present with his team selection
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 am

Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ant london » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:08 am

salford city wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens when a fully-fit Ned is available. Really like the boy & his attitude. He's a great athlete and reads the game well. Neither Toure or Lescott are the dominant partner in a partnership. They both work better with someone alongside who is going to win the first ball. If you speak to any sensible Everton or Arsenal fan, they'll confirm that neither is renown for their aerial supremacy. For me, Ned goes in alongside Toure and Lescott goes to left back.Ned does not have the ball skills to play at right back and that is a position that we can expect to see a new face in come January. We haven't had Ned available yet and so maybe now we'll see exactly what Hughes' intentions are for the defence. I think that the injuries in this area are what are hampering him at present with his team selection

I agree with this to be honest.....I think both Micah and Zabba have been flawed at RB thus far and unless one (or both of them) shapes up pretty significantly they will be having a new competitor for the spot arrive in January

I'd play

Micah/Zabba------------Nedum-----Toure----------------Lescott

Joleon will come good IMO but he's not looking great at the moment so I'd push him wide both to accomodate Ned and also to let him find his form again.

I don't think Nedum is best utilised at right back....even though he is intelligent enough to "do a job" there (and probably nause it up less than Richards/Zabaleta have this season) I would prefer to persevere with those to, having Nedum there at least gives us pace and presence that could rescue them and Toure can mop up the loose and bring play out. Lescott has been hoofing it far too much for my liking which has been annoying as it was precisely that we should have been moving away from in flogging Dunne. Nedum isn't Beckenbauer in terms of his distribution but he's bright enough to keep it simple and maximise the positives from his play.

Btw....I like the Nedum propaganda film on the OS!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum