Crisis?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Crisis?

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:How come U***d are still in the title race, yet we're in a crisis? It seems very odd to me.

U***d aren't in the title race.

cheers

Silly silly boy. That has to be the stupid post of the day.

Cheers

I disagree even the rag fans I talk to think Chelski have got this season wrapped up.

Well I disagree again, the rag fans I've spoken to think they more than matched Chelsea and on that performance will still push them for the title.

Saying the title race is over in November is completely ridiculous, as has been proved on countless occasions.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ant london » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:06 pm

As Luis Felipe Scolari once said (in West London)....."Crisis? What crisis?"
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bluez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Even if you take this seasons target to be top 4, if we win our game in hand (which would not be the miracle some seem to think) we would be top 4. I would say that puts us pretty much on target.

But you go ahead and panic if it makes you feel better.

This season has been a strange season, the dross we have drawn against have managed a win against the scum and one of them is currnetly winning against Liverpool at Anfield.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ronk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Socrates wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Socrates wrote: I'd have to factor changes in the relative strength of our opposition from season to season as well. .

what formula would you use?

A + B = C
(where A = Manchester City, B = £200 million and C = Barcelona)

or

A = B - C

(where A = Progress, B = City's current performance, C = City's recent past performance)

X + Y = Z
(where X = City, B = £200 million and C= 4th)

What do y & z = ?

y=why and z=not

haha. classic doom logic.

vhero: the scum lost to Burnley.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Craig B » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:56 pm

ant london wrote:As Luis Felipe Scolari once said (in West London)....."Crisis? What crisis?"

And there was me thinking it was said by our PM Jim Callaghan shortly before he was ousted from No10 by a certain Mrs Thatcher.

PS - He didn't actually say it! The Sun said it for him! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dronny » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
Dronny wrote:What is the club's stated aim for this season?

a) Chumps League
b) 5th
c) 6th

What are the fans stated aim for this season?

a) Chumps League
b) 5th
c) 6th

The difference is that the club have only stated that for season 09/10 their aim is to finish in the top 6, forget what some people think the club is aiming for.

That stated target was
a) before the penny dropped that Platini was serious about stopping clubs spending their owner's money
x) before the statement that we'd brought forward several transfer windows worth of spending ahead of schedule
and z) before the arrival of £200,000,000.00 worth of new players

If anything other than 4th is the aim then they aren't serious about the ten year plan. I think they are serious and that they therefore will want to do their utmost to break the top 4 this season. You clearly do not?

So, neat answer but taking your spin off how the club must be thinking, can you state where they have said they have amended their desire to be better than a top 6 club this season??
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Dronny wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Dronny wrote:What is the club's stated aim for this season?

a) Chumps League
b) 5th
c) 6th

What are the fans stated aim for this season?

a) Chumps League
b) 5th
c) 6th

The difference is that the club have only stated that for season 09/10 their aim is to finish in the top 6, forget what some people think the club is aiming for.

That stated target was
a) before the penny dropped that Platini was serious about stopping clubs spending their owner's money
x) before the statement that we'd brought forward several transfer windows worth of spending ahead of schedule
and z) before the arrival of £200,000,000.00 worth of new players

If anything other than 4th is the aim then they aren't serious about the ten year plan. I think they are serious and that they therefore will want to do their utmost to break the top 4 this season. You clearly do not?

So, neat answer but taking your spin off how the club must be thinking, can you state where they have said they have amended their desire to be better than a top 6 club this season??

see x)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum