Crisis?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Crisis?

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:45 pm

If we won our game in hand, pretending it was this wed lets say...

We'd be two points behind United.

A lot of threads being bandied about with some pointing to how many we've drawn as a negative, others pointing to the fact that we've only been beaten once... it can be looked at either way, but the table can only be looked at one way once all the teams have played the same amount of games and I don't know why based on this, it isn't good enough for some people.

How come United are still in the title race, yet we're in a crisis? It seems very odd to me.
Original Dub

Re: Crisis?

Postby simon12 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

As was said in another thread we have some Pot Noodle supporters
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:If we won our game in hand, pretending it was this wed lets say...

We'd be two points behind U***d.

A lot of threads being bandied about with some pointing to how many we've drawn as a negative, others pointing to the fact that we've only been beaten once... it can be looked at either way, but the table can only be looked at one way once all the teams have played the same amount of games and I don't know why based on this, it isn't good enough for some people.

How come U***d are still in the title race, yet we're in a crisis? It seems very odd to me.

ITS THE DEFENSE MATE..............ITS BEEN GETTING WORSE..THATS WHY WE ARE LOOKING AT IT WITH CONCERN..........IT NEEDS FIXING NOW OTHERWISE IT WILL BE A CRISIS AND THEN MORALE WILL FALL WITH THE PLAYERS AND THE PRESSURE ON THE CLUB WILL BE TRAUMATIC.

THATS WHY HUGHES HAS TO SORT IT OUT NOW.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:55 pm

The sky is blue, the sky is blue.
I am happy with city and I'm enjoying the season.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:If we won our game in hand, pretending it was this wed lets say...

How come U***d are still in the title race, yet we're in a crisis? It seems very odd to me.

You can pretend we have a game this Wednesday if you like mate. You can pretend we haven't been playing absolutely shit and dropped 6 points we couldn't afford to as well if you want. I admire you for not letting the real world interfere with your fantasies. Is that Jessica Alba sat on your knee?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ITS THE DEFENSE MATE..............ITS BEEN GETTING WORSE..THATS WHY WE ARE LOOKING AT IT WITH CONCERN..........IT NEEDS FIXING NOW OTHERWISE IT WILL BE A CRISIS AND THEN MORALE WILL FALL WITH THE PLAYERS AND THE PRESSURE ON THE CLUB WILL BE TRAUMATIC.

THATS WHY HUGHES HAS TO SORT IT OUT NOW.

You're right mate, its obvious as hell its what needs sorting, but as I just said in another thread, I think central defensive partnerships take the longest to gel and I think the players in those positions know they haven't been good enough. At the moment they look like two poor centre halves, Toure being the better... but we know that they have it in them and I wouldn't blame tactics for their mistakes...

So how does hughes 'sort it' when he has a half fit Onouha and a poor centre half in Kompany? I know he may be able to do it in Jan, but until then, I think its a case of hoping the players in question sort it moreso than hughes.

That said, hughes has other shit to sort out because some of his decision making has been poor particularly in the last two games, but we wouldn't be questioning that if the defenders had only leaked one or even two goals in the last game.
Original Dub

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

I think your highlighting the difference between calm and panic. When Gareth Southgate was sacked the following statements were both true:

They were 1 point behind the league leaders

They lost three home games on the bounce

In their case Gibson buckled and Southgate was out. Don't know or care if that was the right thing for the club, but I'm pretty happy that our Chairman will stay calm.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:59 pm

simon12 wrote:As was said in another thread we have some Pot Noodle supporters

AND WE ALSO HAVE FANS THAT WEAR "WE ARE THE WORLD" T SHIRTS AND HOLD HANDS IN A CIRCLE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

altogether now...

"Kumbaya my Lord Kumbaya..."

Alex Sapphire

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Socrates wrote:

You can pretend we have a game this Wednesday if you like mate. You can pretend we haven't been playing absolutely shit and dropped 6 points we couldn't afford to as well if you want. I admire you for not letting the real world interfere with your fantasies. Is that Jessica Alba sat on your knee?

If you're going to be a smart arse, why don't we have a chat about all the fears you have about our academy being doomed, us becoming the 'butchers of manchester' or any of the other fantasy shit you regularly spout on this board?

OR you could just take the point on board that if we won our game in hand (I would have expected us to had we played Everton when we were supposed to - we were in decent form, they were poison) we would be two points behind the title chasers... then you could discuss the point or choose not to.

Your choice. And Jessica Alba is not sitting on my knee, she's sitting on my face.
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:07 pm

If you want to talk hypothetically we'd also still have an average of 1.9 points per game which would average out at 72 points over 38 games, last season Arsenal came 4th with 72 points and our goal difference is poor, therefore we are looking at 5th.

If we lost the game in hand we would be looking at an average of 63 points which would place us 6th.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:09 pm

sandman wrote:

If you want to talk hypothetically we'd also still have an average of 1.9 points per game which would average out at 72 points over 38 games, last season Arsenal came 4th with 72 points and our goal difference is poor, therefore we are looking at 5th.

If we lost the game in hand we would be looking at an average of 63 points which would place us 6th.

so win or lose we're on target to meet the Chairman's goal?

Alex Sapphire

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

If you're going to be a smart arse, why don't we have a chat about all the fears you have about our academy being doomed, us becoming the 'butchers of manchester' or any of the other fantasy shit you regularly spout on this board?

OR you could just take the point on board that if we won our game in hand (I would have expected us to had we played Everton when we were supposed to - we were in decent form, they were poison) we would be two points behind the title chasers... then you could discuss the point or choose not to.

Your choice. And Jessica Alba is not sitting on my knee, she's sitting on my face.

1) Check the Academy's results this season
2) Watch the Birmingham game again (and check last leason's fair play table too while you are at it)
3) It's no good pretending. Safest assumption is that our game in hand is worth a point.
4) Jessica prefers smart arses and that's a FACT
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby kinkylola » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 pm

honestly if we had our game in hand this wednesday, I would not be very optimistic about winning it.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:18 pm

kinkylola wrote:honestly if we had our game in hand this wednesday, I would not be very optimistic about winning it.

ITS ODDS ON WHEN WE PLAY EVERTON THEY WILL BE ON A ROLL OF WINS AND PLAYING OUT OF THEIR SKIN.

HAVING SIAD THAT.IT WOULD ALSO NOT SURPRISE ME IF WE BEAT POOL AT THE THEATRE OF THIEVES.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

2) Watch the Birmingham game again (and check last leason's fair play table too while you are at it)
3) It's no good pretending. Safest assumption is that our game in hand is worth a point.

Right, so the academy IS doomed then. Check.
The birmingham game tells us we are now the butchers of Manchester. Check.
So our game in hand is worth a point. Then we'd be four points behind the current champions. Crisis confirmed. Check

You're ahead of yourself mate and you know you are.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Right, so the academy IS doomed then. Check.
The birmingham game tells us we are now the butchers of Manchester. Check.
So our game in hand is worth a point. Then we'd be four points behind the current champions. Crisis confirmed. Check

You're ahead of yourself mate and you know you are.

Hope so.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fish111 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

No crisis for me yet and i'm not panicking. Yes, things need sorting out at the back but the players we have bought are more than capable and it is up to them to get a grip and start playing like we know they can. When all the players are back playing at their peak we can definately get our challenge for the top four back on track.
At the beginning of the season i was hoping for a top 6 place and that is a realistic target with the players we have imo, anything better would be a bonus.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Think "crisis" is a bridge to far but you can't ignore the fact that we've dropped points where we should have got 3 and we're leaking goals like no-ones business by making basic defensive errors and it doesn't seem to be improving
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Wooders wrote:Think "crisis" is a bridge to far but you can't ignore the fact that we've dropped points where we should have got 3 and we're leaking goals like no-ones business by making basic defensive errors and it doesn't seem to be improving

No mate it doesn't seem like its improving, but it never does when a good team is in a bad run of games... it always seems more likely that the team will implode, but it never really happens like that does it?

Look at it this way - Liverpool are having a terrible run considering they had themselves as nailed on title contenders... they will recover though, regardless of the media spin... they will improve as the season goes on and important players return...

So will we.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum