Some Fans Are Holding Us Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Some Fans Are Holding Us Back

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Sorry mate but you are wrong ..... honestly .... just believe me on this one.

What I have stated, is not my policy ....... !!!!

So let me get this right, what you are saying is, that all that was in the public domain about 4th place finishes is totally untrue.

Whatever happens this season including not finishing in the top 4, and finishing midtable is totally acceptable to our owners,and Hughes will be rewarded with another season and another couple of hundred million.

2 very mediocre seasons after over £200 000 000 of finance is all in the bigger scheme of things, your telling me you know this for a fact ?,so I am to assume the players and the squad also know this for a fact ( errrrrrrrrm might explain their don’t give a fcuk performances at least)

Hughes job is safe regardless……………. Roflmao

Seriously mate I have never heard so much complete and utter tosh in my life.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby lythamblue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:quote

So let me get this right, what you are saying is, that all that was in the public domain about 4th place finishes is totally untrue.

Whatever happens this season including not finishing in the top 4, and finishing midtable is totally acceptable to our owners,and Hughes will be rewarded with another season and another couple of hundred million.

2 very mediocre seasons after over £200 000 000 of finance is all in the bigger scheme of things, your telling me you know this for a fact ?,so I am to assume the players and the squad also know this for a fact ( errrrrrrrrm might explain their don’t give a fcuk performances at least)

Top six is a target, top 4 a dream but his immediate future does no solely rest on it.

You may think it's tosh but ..... it's true. The players aren't safe though as he can buy/sell/drop anyone he wants.

Like it or lump it .... the first 3 years of their tenure are all about building relationships and credibility. They correctly believe that if they react as the press would like them too, they will never have credibility and that will last forever. However, if they are seen to back and stand by 'a manager' (and MH is just the incumbant) the credibilty the football world will give them will last forever too and they will in coming years be able to recruit who ever they want .
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Socrates » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 am

lythamblue wrote:

You may think it's tosh but ..... it's true. The players aren't safe though as he can buy/sell/drop anyone he wants.

Like it or lump it .... the first 3 years of their tenure are all about building relationships and credibility. They correctly believe that if they react as the press would like them too, they will never have credibility and that will last forever. However, if they are seen to back and stand by 'a manager' (and MH is just the incumbant) the credibilty the football world will give them will last forever too and they will in coming years be able to recruit who ever they want .

It's a fine balance though Mark, continuing to back a manager if he is clearly failing would also surely damage their credability?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are at that point yet but it could certainly happen before three years are up!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:17 am

Socrates wrote:
It's a fine balance though Mark, continuing to back a manager if he is clearly failing would also surely damage their credability?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we are at that point yet but it could certainly happen before three years are up!

hmmmm hedging your bets there jon!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:

hmmmm hedging your bets there jon!

Did you read the bit where Mark said MH is safe for three years from the takeover whatever?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby lythamblue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 am

Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

It is a fine balance but it is the way they run their business. They are more bothered about respect at the moment than results. They believe, get respect within the industry first and then you build up your empire on the back of it. They have the patience and MH is the lucky guy who just had the incumbant position whern they arrived. They do think a lot of him though. Success will come with him or without him ..... they can wait.

Also remember, we are the smallest business they own and we are just one small part of the Abu Dhabi Commercial Masterplan over the next 10 years. The 'next 5 games' threads mean a lot more to us than them at the moment. They are looking at the next 5 YEARS.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 am

lythamblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

It is a fine balance but it is the way they run their business. They are more bothered about respect at the moment than results. They believe, get respect within the industry first and then you build up your empire on the back of it. They have the patience and MH is the lucky guy who just had the incumbant position whern they arrived. They do think a lot of him though. Success will come with him or without him ..... they can wait.

Also remember, we are the smallest business they own and we are just one small part of the Abu Dhabi Commercial Masterplan over the next 10 years. The 'next 5 games' threads mean a lot more to us than them at the moment. They are looking at the next 5 YEARS.

I don't think they think in terms of less than twenty years never mind five. Neither would I if it weren't for the threat to the project from UEFA! It's certain that the rush of spending this summer was a reaction to that threat and the correct one. We just have to meet one short term goal and then the long term objectives can take over again.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 am

Socrates wrote:I don't think they think in terms of less than twenty years never mind five. Neither would I if it weren't for the threat to the project from UEFA! It's certain that the rush of spending this summer was a reaction to that threat and the correct one. We just have to meet one short term goal and then the long term objectives can take over again.

that makes hughes a victim of circumstance then, therefore, you lot should be cutting him some slack.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 am

lythamblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Amen brother Lytham... Amen.

There's a hell of a lot of speculation and personal opinion being spouted in this thread... whilst trying to make it look like ITK. ITK belongs on Bluemong unless you're a well respected member of this site IMO and nothing will change that.

Hughes is going nowhere unless it becomes abundantly clear to our owners that he is the cause of a settled team losing with regularity.

That is NOT the case right now, so all this "He's gone anyday now" and "There's light at the end of the tunnell, I read it in the mirror" bollox should be left to the kids in the playground...

There are problems and they will be sorted.... or else he will be gone. Its quite simple.

And all you football fans who've been following the game for years that think that you buy a top four team on paper and it immediately starts to play better than the teams that have been there an age before, should have a long hard think about all the teams you've seen get to that level before us.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:I don't think they think in terms of less than twenty years never mind five. Neither would I if it weren't for the threat to the project from UEFA! It's certain that the rush of spending this summer was a reaction to that threat and the correct one. We just have to meet one short term goal and then the long term objectives can take over again.

that makes hughes a victim of circumstance then, therefore, you lot should be cutting him some slack.

I am. I have always said that it's possible Hughes can make the grade, even if it's odds against him doing so. It's certainly not his fault he has no experience with big projects. But I will always advocate what I believe to best for the club. At the moment, the best percentage chance of that top 4 finish is to stick with Hughes and hope he can make the step up in class that he needs to.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:i didnt wanna have to admit this, but when i took the tour of COMS in September the day after the Arsenal match, i put a fuclin gypsy hex on the dressing room. It's a really unique spell called "Play Shit Football" which i learned a bit from Harry Potter, and also from The Exorcist.

I think this is what CityTiliDouche is referring to...and i'm sorry i did it now. I should have known better. It was rude and if i knew how to uncurse someone i would do it, but my magic is weak sauce. Weak. Sauce.

cheers

manurus soccerus?

You bastard.

(Seriously, you are better than crappy username jokes.)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:25 am

Add it to the list of anti-Hughes threads...

Its not that I like or dislike Hughes, it's that some people are hell bent on ramming the same shit down everyone's throats every day of the week. We all know who likes Hughes, who know who dislikes him and we know who think its too soon to judge.

Pick one....

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28025&hilit=hughes

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=28006&p=42811&hilit=hughes#p42811

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27996&p=42657&hilit=hughes#p42657

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27734&hilit=hughes

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27977&hilit=hughes
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluez » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:If performances and results don’t improve drastically between now and Christmas he will be gone believe me, it will amount to nothing more than constructive dismissal after he gave assurances to our owner of where we will be at, that means we should be in touching distance of the top 4 not 9th or 10th.

This is the part I find really confusing, if we win our game in hand we would be in 4th. I think that is touching distance of top 4, so why do you think there is a problem? Even according to your own claims he is delivering what he said he would

Or are you now blaming him for the fixture list and the fact that we have played a game less?
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 am

Bluez wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:If performances and results don’t improve drastically between now and Christmas he will be gone believe me, it will amount to nothing more than constructive dismissal after he gave assurances to our owner of where we will be at, that means we should be in touching distance of the top 4 not 9th or 10th.

This is the part I find really confusing, if we win our game in hand we would be in 4th. I think that is touching distance of top 4, so why do you think there is a problem? Even according to your own claims he is delivering what he said he would

Or are you now blaming him for the fixture list and the fact that we have played a game less?

And if we had performed in the last three games, we'd be 2nd.

And really, neither matters because we have 27 games left and the season we don't get a champions league spot for being 4th or 2nd after 11 games.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby TrueBlue82 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
roblues wrote:I must admit when I read this topic title that I thought somebody might be feeling the same as I was after leaving the game on Saturday. A big influence we as fans can have on the club is to get behind the team on a match day. When I hear people in the row behind telling Tevez to f*** off back to Old Trafford, calling Adebayor lazy and reacting to the late equalizer by saying "I told you so", I have to wonder how they think they are making a valued contribution. I was as disappointed as anyone with the result, the performance and our form over the last couple of games but looking at the bigger picture, I am delighted to feel disappointed when we are currently 6th in the table. We should be encouraging improvement rather than breeding negativity.

excellent post mate.

Here Here
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ant london » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 am

Original Dub wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Amen brother Lytham... Amen.

There's a hell of a lot of speculation and personal opinion being spouted in this thread... whilst trying to make it look like ITK. ITK belongs on Bluemong unless you're a well respected member of this site IMO and nothing will change that.

Hughes is going nowhere unless it becomes abundantly clear to our owners that he is the cause of a settled team losing with regularity.

That is NOT the case right now, so all this "He's gone anyday now" and "There's light at the end of the tunnell, I read it in the mirror" bollox should be left to the kids in the playground...

There are problems and they will be sorted.... or else he will be gone. Its quite simple.

And all you football fans who've been following the game for years that think that you buy a top four team on paper and it immediately starts to play better than the teams that have been there an age before, should have a long hard think about all the teams you've seen get to that level before us.

I hadn't bothered with this thread to date as I saw that the OP was just the same old bollocks but I'm glad i popped back as lytham has posted the most sensible and accurate assessment of the situation I have seen since we failed to salvage the draw against the scum.

I am wholly confident that we would have to have an absolute disaster of a season for Hughes to get the heave ho. The reactions of many on here are predictable in the extreme but I have to say that the frustration caused by their ranting is tempered by the stance of some of the "decent posters who have been anti-Hughes" which is clearly frustrated but seeing much more sense than was often the case last year.

None of us is happy with dropping 10 points in 5 games but I think most with half a brain know that a) it's not the time to pull the ejector seat handle and b) it's just not going to happen any time soon and so there is little mileage in banging on about it.

I'm all for decent dissection of poor performances (from management and playing staff) and I don't care if people vent their frustration during and post disappointing matches but some of the posting this last couple of weeks has just been moronic (....it's been funny to have RIG back and barmy as ever though.....he's a bit like some crazed uncle who is institutionalised though, who escapes every now and then and goes mental!)

Anyway, I'm a happy clapping hughes licker and even I am far from happy at present. But, crisis?........what crisis?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 am

TrueBlue82 wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
roblues wrote:I must admit when I read this topic title that I thought somebody might be feeling the same as I was after leaving the game on Saturday. A big influence we as fans can have on the club is to get behind the team on a match day. When I hear people in the row behind telling Tevez to f*** off back to Old Trafford, calling Adebayor lazy and reacting to the late equalizer by saying "I told you so", I have to wonder how they think they are making a valued contribution. I was as disappointed as anyone with the result, the performance and our form over the last couple of games but looking at the bigger picture, I am delighted to feel disappointed when we are currently 6th in the table. We should be encouraging improvement rather than breeding negativity.

excellent post mate.

Here Here

Well I guess the extra fans turning out at Eastlands this season was always likely to contain some glory-hunters and perhaps they are the ones booing - certainly I do not know many / any (what I would call) genuine fans who are other than enjoying having good things to talk about and a bright future

But the situation is probably mirrored on here - you can see some hell bent on breeding negativity - and others just playing games
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 am

Socrates wrote:There are too many Hughes-type players in the squad

What's one of those?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Dronny » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Socrates wrote:There are too many Hughes-type players in the squad

What's one of those?

A Tevez/Norman Hunter type who scored goals and a desire to win?, I hated the cnut with a passion, if anything I'd say we haven't got enough with the same attributes.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 am

I thought this was a thread on " fans holding us back" it seems more like a Hughes out one??? Why not just call the thread what it is instead of hiding behind something else.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum