Today's game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Today's game

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Liverpool were lucky with that penalty.

Sure they had all the chances, but we normally have all the chances, ala Fulham.... its what goes in that counts...

Anyway, anyone fancy a wee trip to anfield or should we just all give in now?
Original Dub

Postby simon12 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:Liverpool were lucky with that penalty.

Sure they had all the chances, but we normally have all the chances, ala Fulham.... its what goes in that counts...

I`m going. Can`t wait.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 pm

simon12 wrote:

I`m going. Can`t wait.

It'll be a cracker mate, guaranteed.

Two clubs in total crisis... or so we're led to believe by some...

On a serious note, the pressure will be on Liverpool BIG TIME. I think we'll take them - we fucking owe them for the game at our place last season!!
Original Dub

Postby shawzy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 pm

I missed the liverpool pen..Anyway a draw is still a bloody good result..I cant believe how unpredictable the Prem League has been so far..This dead cert Sky top 4 rule book is out of the window for me.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
simon12 wrote:

I`m going. Can`t wait.

On a serious note, the pressure will be on Liverpool BIG TIME. I think we'll take them - we fucking owe them for the game at our place last season!!

As we were told last week and proven again today?

BCFC are just a bunch of muppets that we should thrash without breaking sweat.

But I certainly tried to point out some credit to a BCFC team that set themselves up very well and fought 100%

I am not for a moment saying we should not have won last week or defending our performance, but what I might suggest is:

That some of the total arrogant / dismissive bollocks I read on here from supposed CITY fans sounds like the sort of utter shite you read on redcafe or Chelsea forums - no respect / no credit to the opposition - are these real fans? or just the first influx of plastics that we better get used to
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Cheating twat.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:56 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
simon12 wrote:

I`m going. Can`t wait.

But I certainly tried to point out some credit to a BCFC team that set themselves up very well and fought 100%

I am not for a moment saying we should not have won last week or defending our performance, but what I might suggest is:

That some of the total arrogant / dismissive bollocks I read on here from supposed CITY fans sounds like the sort of utter shite you read on redcafe or Chelsea forums - no respect / no credit to the opposition - are these real fans? or just the first influx of plastics that we better get used to

amazing isnt it! Liverpool have lost to aston villa, fulham and sunderland and drawn against birmingham tonight!

I was going to go and post a huge post but I gave up as I now believe its pointless, some posters on this board are just plain stupid and we all know who they are. City are not playing great and we are going through a bad run that we need to sort out, but I dont understand the dickheads on here that post the drivel they do. They are pot noddles!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
simon12 wrote:

I`m going. Can`t wait.

amazing isnt it! Liverpool have lost to aston villa, fulham and sunderland and drawn against birmingham tonight!

I was going to go and post a huge post but I gave up as I now believe its pointless, some posters on this board are just plain stupid and we all know who they are. City are not playing great and we are going through a bad run that we need to sort out, but I dont understand the dickheads on here that post the drivel they do. They are pot noddles!

So says the man who wanted Paul Jewell to be our manager...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

So says the man who wanted Paul Jewell to be our manager...

At the time he was doing very well and his record was good... we were not exactly courting the worlds elite! Remind me again who was your choice? I stand by my decision at that time. Amazing how you deflect away from the obvious
Wonderwall

Postby shawzy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
simon12 wrote:

I`m going. Can`t wait.

Yes probably pointless makin a positive thread only to be shot down .I can understand constructive critisim over the amount of results we have drawn lately,I have also viewed my dissapointment in certain games, but all this Hughes out.manager clueles bollox is well ott.Were barely through a quarter of the season ffs.
On a good note.I do luv the site and dont need to join another one..The quality views of cetain posters have taught me alot more about my club and ive enjoyed many of a great read on here.Long may it continue.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby lythamblue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Socrates wrote:So says the man who wanted Paul Jewell to be our manager...

Hmmm ..... and so says the man who wanted Le Guen to be our manager!

Sorry mate, I have been around here a lot longer thas some of these guys ...... and have a good memory for the popular rants of a certain Jonny Foreigner!!

I remember loads of them ...... "Anelka was crap and Fowler would play much better without him" was one I look back on with a certain irony as Robbie flounders in Australia whils Nico still bangs them in at the top of the Premiership.

Those were the days!
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 pm

lythamblue wrote:

Sorry mate, I have been around here a lot longer thas some of these guys ...... and have a good memory for the popular rants of a certain Jonny Foreigner!!

I remember loads of them ...... "Anelka was crap and Fowler would play much better without him" was one I look back on with a certain irony as Robbie flounders in Australia whils Nico still bangs them in at the top of the Premiership.

Those were the days!

good timing Mark ;-)
Wonderwall

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:37 pm

lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

That was when we didn't have options not when we had money to spend. Anywaym you really think Le Guen wouldn't have been an improvement on Pearce? And Fowler scored 18 in 28 when Anelka wasn't in the side. Bit unfair to compare them now given Robbie's injuries and age.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

That was when we didn't have options not when we had money to spend. Anywaym you really think Le Guen wouldn't have been an improvement on Pearce? And Fowler scored 18 in 28 when Anelka wasn't in the side. Bit unfair to compare them now given Robbie's injuries and age.

careful you dont trip over yourself as you scuttle backwards there jon!
Wonderwall

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

That was when we didn't have options not when we had money to spend. Anyway you really think Le Guen wouldn't have been an improvement on Pearce? And Fowler scored 18 in 28 when Anelka wasn't in the side. Bit unfair to compare them now given Robbie's injuries and age.

Sorry if I embarrassed you...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm

Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

That was when we didn't have options not when we had money to spend. Anyway you really think Le Guen wouldn't have been an improvement on Pearce? And Fowler scored 18 in 28 when Anelka wasn't in the side. Bit unfair to compare them now given Robbie's injuries and age.

ha ha, keep scuttling
Wonderwall

Postby lythamblue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

Hey ..... you thought Le Guen was the up and coming superstar manager that was going to replicate the Holland style of total football and turn our existing squad into the next Johny Reps, Johann Cruyf's and Arnold Muhren's!! Also, as second choice you would have had Van Gaal. It had nothing to do with Stuart Pearce, it was after KK had been sacked/walked or whatever.

You thought Anelka was a greedy player and wouldn't pass to anyone. I always argued that if you put Anelka in a quality side ...... then you would realise what a good player he really is and the reason he didn't pass to anyone was because there was no one good enough for him to pass to. Wish we still had him now.

Money to spend is not the whole criteria toward becoming a top side. Agreed, it is the important element that you need in the first place but there are also other essential ingredients like time, familiarity, culture, stability etc.

Money doesn't buy instant class ...... it just gives you the potential to develop it.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

ha ha, keep scuttling

I'm still Jonny Foreigner, even if I'm not allowed to use that name here, and I think you know well enough that JF does not scuttle. Still, Paul Jewell was a low blow - I admit it.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby lythamblue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Socrates wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Those were the days!

Hey ..... you thought Le Guen was the up and coming superstar manager that was going to replicate the Holland style of total football and turn our existing squad into the next Johny Reps, Johann Cruyf's and Arnold Muhren's!! Also, as second choice you would have had Van Gaal. It had nothing to do with Stuart Pearce, it was after KK had been sacked/walked or whatever.

You thought Anelka was a greedy player and wouldn't pass to anyone. I always argued that if you put Anelka in a quality side ...... then you would realise what a good player he really is and the reason he didn't pass to anyone was because there was no one good enough for him to pass to. Wish we still had him now.

Money to spend is not the whole criteria toward becoming a top side. Agreed, it is the important element that you need in the first place but there are also other essential ingredients like time, familiarity, culture, stability etc. Also, the budget and abilityto be able to correct your mistakes.

Money doesn't buy instant class ...... it just gives you the potential to develop it.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 pm

Socrates wrote:
I'm still Jonny Foreigner, even if I'm not allowed to use that name here, and I think you know well enough that JF does not scuttle. Still, Paul Jewell was a low blow - I admit it.

its an age old argument and not one I am willing to go into again, but I stand by my comment at the time. I think Jewel was doing a fantastic job and was a manager who was above us in the league.... therefore how do you defend Monsieur Le Guen?
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum