Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 am

CITY BOLLOX
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure wants his younger brother, Barcelona midfielder Yaya, to join him at Eastlands.
Daily Star http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... s-his-bro/

Barcelona are closing in on a deal for Manchester City forward Robinho. Initially, the European Champions will pay a £6m "arrangement fee" to take the player on loan in January ahead of a permanent move in the summer.
The Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -loan.html

Alternatively, Robinho's reluctance to move on loan to the Nou Camp as opposed to a permanent deal could scupper the deal. Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -deal.html

City manager Mark Hughes is keen on bringing highly rated, 14-year-old QPR striker Raheem Sterling to Eastlands. Hughes is willing to offer the London club £1m plus two of his fringe players on loan.Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 16879.html

TRANSFER BOLLOX
After having their request for a 'stay' on the transfer ban imposed by Fifa for being found guilty of inducing Gaël Kakuta to break his contract, Chelsea have made Franck Ribery their top transfer target and hope to sign the Bayern Munich midfielder when the January window opens.Daily Telegraph

However, Manchester United and Manchester City are set to rival Chelsea for the signing of Ribery after reports suggested Bayern Munich are ready to cash in on the French international.Independent

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is chasing Hadjuk Split's Bosnian winger Senijad Ibricic.Daily Mirror

Manchester United are keeping tabs on Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh, who was courted by Sunderland, West Ham and Arsenal in the summer.Daily Mail

Bolton are weighing up a £3m move for Everton striker James Vaughan, ending Derby's hopes of taking the player on loan.
Daily Mail

[youtube]Yf2CI-ifFcA[/youtube]

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher believes he is being targeted by referees because of the comments made about him by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger in September. Wenger accused one unnamed player, believed to be Fletcher, of constantly getting away with fouls against his side when the sides met at Old Trafford in August. Various

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is set to undergo a hernia operation and faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Daily Mirror

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole faces a race against time to be fit to face former club Arsenal on 29 November. The England international played against Manchester United on Sunday with a depressed fracture of the tibia, which he aggravated during the match. Daily Star

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... beth-reyes

AND FINALLY
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway wore a £12.99 charity shop suit for last Saturday's win over Scunthorpe as a forfeit dished out by his players. "Anybody who has been late or forgotten their kit faces a hearing and I was found guilty," said Holloway. (The Sun)
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks Chinny, always my first read of the day
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby ant london » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 am

Chinners wrote:Blackpool boss Ian Holloway wore a £12.99 charity shop suit for last Saturday's win over Scunthorpe as a forfeit dished out by his players. "Anybody who has been late or forgotten their kit faces a hearing and I was found guilty," said Holloway. (The Sun)

haha he is mad as a bag of snakes! I would love to have him in the Prem!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:26 am

ant london wrote:
Chinners wrote:Blackpool boss Ian Holloway wore a £12.99 charity shop suit for last Saturday's win over Scunthorpe as a forfeit dished out by his players. "Anybody who has been late or forgotten their kit faces a hearing and I was found guilty," said Holloway. (The Sun)

How do you know a bag of snakes would be mad?
From what ive seen snakes are quite docile when bagged.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:17 pm

MORE BOLLOX
Poyet takes Brighton reins http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 13,00.html

Hughes: Robinho staying at City http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/latest/20 ... -21811452/

Anelka: He just needs to feel loved a little bit http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/29 ... _bit_.aspx

Franck Ribery To Manchester City & Manchester United Rumours Resurface http://goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-le ... ed-rumours

Leslie defends Bridge http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/ ... -defensive
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:33 pm

ant london wrote:

Me too. Hope Blackpool and Preston make it back into the top flight so the NW can continue it's world domination, and make away games a lot easier to get to!!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:30 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:
ant london wrote:

Me too. Hope Blackpool and Preston make it back into the top flight so the NW can continue it's world domination, and make away games a lot easier to get to!!!

Blackpool away would be ace.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 pm

It wasn't that ace 10 years ago I can tell you, dour 0-0 midday ko and it was fecking freezing . . . . and the pier was closed
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kyle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:35 pm

God Wenger is a pussy...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm

More ... BOLLOX
Cookie says Robbie stays : http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... firms-Cook

ABU DHABI — Etisalat is set to sign a three-year sponsorship agreement with Manchester City, one of the most famous names in the English Premier League, a press release said.

In the presence of Chairman of Manchester City Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Etisalat Chairman Mohammad Hassan Omran, Manchester City FC (MCFC) CEO Garry Cook and Etisalat Chief Marketing Officer Essa Al Haddad signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which precedes a full three-year strategic sponsorship agreement to be formalised later this year.

The MoU will see both organisations work together to rapidly develop a customised programme to drive a long-term relationship based on mutually agreed outcomes.

As part of the terms of the agreement, Etisalat will become the exclusive MCFC Telecommunications Partner in the countries of Etisalat’s operations. For MCFC, the strategic alliance represents another opportunity for the globalisation of the brand, as Manchester City continues to develop its worldwide network of fans.

With the agreement Etisalat becomes the football club’s third global partner, joining Etihad Airways and Umbro. all globally relevant sector leading companies with proven and ambitious track-records.

Essa Al Haddad of Etisalat said: “Etisalat’s agreement with Manchester City reflects our passionate commitment to football, in the UAE and internationally, and to our growing global customer base. Moreover, our objective is to create, nurture and develop the young talent in UAE, and position UAE as a leading country on the world sports map. Towards this intention, we are not only supporting our National Team, but also multiple clubs and their international participation.

“We have shown unstinting support to grassroots football in the UAE, through sponsorship of the President’s Cup, the UAE national team, the Etisalat First and Second Leagues, and now the Etisalat Pro League.”

“The profile of the club is already growing globally, and the ability to effectively expand this growth with tailored communications forms the core of our agreement with Etisalat,” said Garry Cook, CEO of Manchester City Football Club. “This strategic opportunity allows us to connect to passionate football fans around the Middle East and African regions, providing customized Manchester City FC content through mobile communications channels.”
xfile=data/sports/2009/November/sports_November283.xml&section=sports
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum