Who Needs Robinho When We Have RSC.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who Needs Robinho When We Have RSC.

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 am

Not going to start waffling on about Robinho suffice to say, I don’t think we ever saw the best off him at City because he was not played regularly in his best position which I believe is in a 4-3-3.

Now if he is going January on loan to the end of the season, one must assume it is because he is surplus to requirements at City and Hughes does not need him anymore.

Only speculating here, but if this is the case then it looks like the 4-4-2 will be a system we are playing a lot more, there is no way on this earth we should be letting a player of his quality go if we are using a 4-3-3 regularly, you cant argue he is are most creative player by a country mile.

I reckon he will do well at Barcelona playing for a decent manager,

But who needs Robinho when we have got Santa Cruz..
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Who Needs Robinho When We Have RSC.

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 am

This is the one major thing I am worried about with Hughes as a manager. I have an ever-growing suspicion RSC will be quite prominent in our away schedule, being used to grind out the occasional result. This isn't a Top 4 tactic.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby paddyblue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 am

Robinho's record was not so fantastic at real madrid,25 goals in 101 appearances before losing his place,so i would not be sure he will hold down a first team place at barca
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lythamblue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I will try and ignore that this is just yet another Anti Hughes thread and talk about the 'percieved' subject matter.

Firstly, I have pointed out on here before, whilst we were making all these new signings, that we have to accept ALL MH signings are not going to be successfull. No manager ever has not made signings that just didn't work out. If 1 in 3 work out excellent, 1 in 3 work out just OK, play regularly and contribute to the squad and 1 in 3 are complete disasters that end up being moved on at a loss ...... that would probably be above average performance for a football manager and his signings.

Also, many aspects are out of the managers hands, such as injuries, emotional problems at home like divorce, death of a loved one, wife not happy, criminal charges etc, etc. Sometimes .... shit just happens and there is not always someone to blame.

Secondly, How can you make any assumptions yet about Santa Cruz? Who knows what will happen?
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 pm

RSC HAS TO PLAY A FAIR FEW MORE GAMES TO BE JUDGED FAIRLY -

AS FOR ROBHINO - WE WILL ALWAYS BE FACED WITH SPECULATION ON HIM LEAVING.....GET USED TO IT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 pm

sorry have I missed summat, is robson going?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 pm

We did play at fucking 4-3-3 or a variation on it last season, and started this season 4-3-3.

for fucks sake you dont just give up with Robinho. We dont need the money, we need him playing for us, this situation needs clearing up by the club and its pissing everyone off.

If the little pussy cant hack it in the PL he should come out and say it, he should stop wanking his pin dick into the open mouths of the press.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:RSC HAS TO PLAY A FAIR FEW MORE GAMES TO BE JUDGED FAIRLY -

AS FOR ROBHINO - WE WILL ALWAYS BE FACED WITH SPECULATION ON HIM LEAVING.....GET USED TO IT.

I keep saying this, seems no-one is listening.

Agree with RSC too, he started two games in four days and they were his first competitive starts for months. Scored in one, crucified in the other, let's at least give him six months, after all we have given Clue....Hughes a year and a half and apparently still not allowed to judge him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Geo123 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Why do ppl call him robsonn.. always reminds me of that rag twat,, thank god the calling of hughes sparky has dissapeared also
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:sorry have I missed summat, is robson going?

Yes - and he has arrived - AD - he looks really happy with his team mates
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:Not going to start waffling on about Robinho suffice to say, I don’t think we ever saw the best off him at City because he was not played regularly in his best position which I believe is in a 4-3-3.

Now if he is going January on loan to the end of the season, one must assume it is because he is surplus to requirements at City and Hughes does not need him anymore.

Only speculating here, but if this is the case then it looks like the 4-4-2 will be a system we are playing a lot more, there is no way on this earth we should be letting a player of his quality go if we are using a 4-3-3 regularly, you cant argue he is are most creative player by a country mile.

I reckon he will do well at Barcelona playing for a decent manager,

But who needs Robinho when we have got Santa Cruz..

Would you consider Cappello to be a decent manager?

I've never seen Robinho be a consistant performer in a top side, so why you think he'll flourish at Barca is beyond me.

also, it is kind of another stab at hughes... it really is like you're recruiting or something, its relentless.

RSC has had two starts - scored in one and played magnificantly, was total shite in the other. So even having a thread about him after two full games is ludacris.

The guy you hate so much has just said Robinho's going nowhere. Now either you don't believe him, or he's telling the truth which means he values Robinho. Hughes was a striker himself and if you think for one second he thinks RSC is a better goal scorer than Robinho at half the price then I don't think we can help you mate.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:38 pm

Geo123 wrote:Why do ppl call him robsonn.. always reminds me of that rag twat,, thank god the calling of hughes sparky has dissapeared also

His name is Robson Desouza
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Santa Cruz needs more games before he is judged, however I suspect he will be the new Samaras!!
sandman

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum