Match of the Day angers Hughes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Match of the Day angers Hughes

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Bluez wrote:
sandman wrote:Hughes knows they are right but doesnt like the fact that everyone can see it, venting his anger is only highlighting how inept he is.

Did they see the full match? Doubtful.
Did they see enough to determine how shit we are playing? Certainly.
Were they right in their summary? Definately.

Shut the fuck up Hughes, if you were up to the job they wouldnt have any criticisms!!

Then Wenger, Taggart, Mourino etc must also be inept because they always defend their players and put themselves in the spotlight while doing it. When they do it its the sign of a good manager, when Hughes does it hes inept.

True, but they've never had to defend such a shit defence. A defence they hand-picked themselves and spent close to 50 million pounds on
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Bluez wrote:
sandman wrote:Hughes knows they are right but doesnt like the fact that everyone can see it, venting his anger is only highlighting how inept he is.

Shut the fuck up Hughes, if you were up to the job they wouldnt have any criticisms!!

Then Wenger, Taggart, Mourino etc must also be inept because they always defend their players and put themselves in the spotlight while doing it. When they do it its the sign of a good manager, when Hughes does it hes inept.

It seems to me that Wenger, Taggart etc defend their players vehemently when something controversial happens.

When they lose however , as we saw this weekend there is the referee or something else to blame. You never see them complementing their defence in public when they were bad though.

Fidel above takes a different slant on the same point here.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:35 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bluez wrote:

It seems to me that Wenger, Taggart etc defend their players vehemently when something controversial happens.

When they lose however , as we saw this weekend there is the referee or something else to blame. You never see them complementing their defence in public when they were bad though.

Spot on, they often have grounds to defend their squads, Hughes doesnt. I realise that all top 4 managers defend all controversial decisions, but who wouldnt, look at Hughes defending Ade after the arsenal game, I didnt criticise that because it was a completely different situation.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fish111 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Twobob wrote:Bridge was shit? - Correct
Lescott was shit? - Correct
Is the defense too soft and leaks easy goals? - Correct

Hughes, Instead of barrating people who will pounce on any mistakes our team makes (which is allways going to happen) concentrate on sorting out the crap of a defence we have (or havent got)...

WHAT HE SAID.

What they said, Bridge had a nightmare and Hansen called it so, what's wrong with that? Maybe the public shaming on MOTD along with Hughes tactical analysis will make sure Bridge plays better in future.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:01 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bluez wrote:

Hughes isn't complimenting our defence either. He admits there were problems with it:

At times individuals will make decisions that affect the team and sometimes you have to hold up your hand.But we're not going to do the same as the pundits because that's not what we're about. We look to analyse our mistakes and make sure, in future, we are better in similar situations.

but is right in my opinion to try to support our players when they come under fire from the media etc.; the players themselves don't have any 'right of reply' to Hansen et al in the face of such public criticism.

I just wish some of City 'supporters' (="a person supporting a team, providing encouragement") would get behind the players - even when they underperform - instead of being so quick to condemn. FFS it's only a couple of weeks since Bridge was being labelled as our most improved player this season and getting mentioned in MOTM polls!!!!

I don't always agree with his team selection, formations or substitutions, but Hughes is absolutely right to defend individual players at times like this - and so should we!!!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
Twobob wrote:Bridge was shit? - Correct
Lescott was shit? - Correct
Is the defense too soft and leaks easy goals? - Correct

Hughes, Instead of barrating people who will pounce on any mistakes our team makes (which is allways going to happen) concentrate on sorting out the crap of a defence we have (or havent got)...

You should be on MOTD ! :-)

Seems like the truth hurts our Manager.

Hansen wasn't wrong was he ?

yeah thats it, side with some cunt of a pundit who has been slagging us off for ages with the rest of them.

granted, bridge had a shite game - i have been saying so myself since i got back from the game on sat - but minus 6?

minus 6? that is totally unfair and hughes was right to defend him. did turdinand get a minus 6 after the derby? i'd have given bridge a 4. minus six, on national telly, is a massive piss-take.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Alan Hansen has forgot more about the art of defending and being organised at the back than Hughes knows......if we had a defensive coach who could do the job and was able to defend himself in his playing days, I am sure we would see a difference in standard.

It just goes to show that Hughes hasn't got a clue about defending when even after being told, he refuses to understand, and this isn't some pundit (as he says) calling Bridge's performance gash, but a former top class International defender who was part of a side that won everything there was to win and play for the best side in this country and even Europe at the time.

Instead we have Bowen and Hughes wondering what to do to stop this shambles from happening again in 2 weeks time, well I have not seen any difference in defensive standard and coaching since June 2008 until now, so I am not going to hold out hope that he has banged his head and some light has started to flicker in that empty hole of his.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Alan Hansen has forgot more about the art of defending and being organised at the back than Hughes knows......if we had a defensive coach who could do the job and was able to defend himself in his playing days, I am sure we would see a difference in standard.

It just goes to show that Hughes hasn't got a clue about defending when even after being told, he refuses to understand, and this isn't some pundit (as he says) calling Bridge's performance gash, but a former top class International defender who was part of a side that won everything there was to win and play for the best side in this country and even Europe at the time.

Instead we have Bowen and Hughes wondering what to do to stop this shambles from happening again in 2 weeks time, well I have not seen any difference in defensive standard and coaching since June 2008 until now, so I am not going to hold out hope that he has banged his head and some light has started to flicker in that empty hole of his.

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?
Original Dub

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Bluez wrote:

If Wenger, Taggart or Jose as you name had a player who in 9 games has had maybe 35 good minutes (Lescott......I know I am being generous giving him that many minutes), and Bridge who has been rubbish and a weak link since he joined.....what full back do you see who never tackles?, why do sides always target him?.....surely there is something in it.

Them managers would make changes, both on the training ground in terms of coaching, drill training of where each are to be and when, organise them as a unit and play form players.....Hughes does none of them, and then whinges and moans like a kid who has had his candy taken away when the bleeding obvious is pointed out...

47,000+ spectators saw on Saturday that them 2 who were highlighted were garbage and cost us everytime the ball went near them, Hansen pointed it out for their benefit (players to see where they went wrong, as I doubt Hughes does any analysing considering the same shit keeps happening), and also for the general audience who follow other sides and with them also being named in the England squad, people want to know how they are doing, he analysed them and told you how they did......so WHY can't Hughes and his coaches spot this????.....don't give me this "they may have", if they have then come Liverpool neither Lescott, Bridge or Barry will be in the starting XI.....if they are, then he hasn't seen a bleeding thing.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Alan Hansen has forgot more about the art of defending and being organised at the back than Hughes knows......if we had a defensive coach who could do the job and was able to defend himself in his playing days, I am sure we would see a difference in standard.

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?

No his son
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Bluez wrote:

If Wenger, Taggart or Jose as you name had a player who in 9 games has had maybe 35 good minutes (Lescott......I know I am being generous giving him that many minutes), and Bridge who has been rubbish and a weak link since he joined.....what full back do you see who never tackles?, why do sides always target him?.....surely there is something in it.

Them managers would make changes, both on the training ground in terms of coaching, drill training of where each are to be and when, organise them as a unit and play form players.....Hughes does none of them, and then whinges and moans like a kid who has had his candy taken away when the bleeding obvious is pointed out...

47,000+ spectators saw on Saturday that them 2 who were highlighted were garbage and cost us everytime the ball went near them, Hansen pointed it out for their benefit (players to see where they went wrong, as I doubt Hughes does any analysing considering the same shit keeps happening), and also for the general audience who follow other sides and with them also being named in the England squad, people want to know how they are doing, he analysed them and told you how they did......so WHY can't Hughes and his coaches spot this????.....don't give me this "they may have", if they have then come Liverpool neither Lescott, Bridge or Barry will be in the starting XI.....if they are, then he hasn't seen a bleeding thing.

Another anti hughes post?

That IS you dad!
Original Dub

Postby Scatman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?

No his son

your dad's a nob
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?

No his son

Whose son? Robinho_Is_GOD's son, or Robinho_Is_GOD's dad's son?

I'm confused.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 pm

I think Hughes is just taking the spotlight of the team who have been getting a bashing for the shite defending from the media (& rightly so). Ferguson has been at it for years after the Rags have played shite, well played Hughes.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Scatman wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?

No his son

your dad's a nob

I don't hold your behavior against you because I realize it was caused by childhood trauma; your parents spanked you when you fell on your head and broke the cement.

Did your Mam when she first saw you decide to leave you on the front steps of a police station while she turned herself in?....if not she should have, I know that all that you are you owe to your parents, with that being the case why don't you send them a penny and square the account?
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:23 pm

This is brilliant!

R_A_G dad gonna get y'all.

Who da ragdaddy....
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:this isn't some pundit (as he says) calling Bridge's performance gash, but a former top class International defender

the ulitmate test of a former player's knowledge and understanding of the game must be how they perform as a manager.

Steve Staunton: great defender, gash manager
Tony adams: great defender, shite manager
Gareth southgate: great defender, shite manager

following yr logic Maradona should have had argentina knocking goals in for fun in the w/c quals.

and if hansen knows oh so much, why is he not managing a top side?

fuck him.

Edit: quite a good article on this. http://www.footballfancast.com/football ... rightly-so
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Scatman wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Anti Hughes post?

Is that you dad?

No his son

your dad's a nob

His dad is posh?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 pm

it is really refreshing to hear/see our club bite back. I can guarantee that nothing would have been said if Sven/pearce was still manager. I hated the way we kept taking shite from all angles and never retorted when those two were in charge. At last a little bit of backbone.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Twobob » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:27 pm

unfortunatly if hughes had kept stum on this one no one would have remembered anything about it - i didnt notice any big threads about match of the day...

But now its headline news again - putting it back in the limelight which has completly the oposite affect of removing player pressure.

I do think that our defense isnt 100% down to the players not being good enough but it does look like the balance of the back 4 is all to cock! Perhaps Toure and Lescott will never form a good partnership because theyre too similar?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum