Anyone else going to Charity event at LCCC tommorrow?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Anyone else going to Charity event at LCCC tommorrow?

Postby lythamblue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:39 pm

...... Or am I on my own again.

If so, come over and make yourself known. I will be there with the missus and a few other mates.

We will be on Colin Hendry's table. I'm supposed to be picking him up from home at 5.30 ......... provided he is not in Australia that is ...... HMMMM ??!!
Last edited by lythamblue on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Anyone else going to Charity event at LCC tommorrow?

Postby Burt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 pm

lythamblue wrote:...... Or am I on my own again.

If so, come over and make yourself known. I will be there with the missus and a few other mates.

We will be on Colin Hendry's table. I'm supposed to be picking him up from home at 5.30 ......... provided he is not in Australia that is ...... HMMMM ??!!

Does LCC stand for lucky cunts withboatloadsadough?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Anyone else going to Charity event at LCC tommorrow?

Postby lythamblue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Burt wrote:
lythamblue wrote:...... Or am I on my own again.

Does LCC stand for lucky cunts withboatloadsadough?

Dunnow mate .... I'm not paying. Unless I get pissed again and end up buying another signed shirt, ball or whatever in an Auction, apart from a few rounds of drinks, someone else is picking up the tab.

I was invited on someone else's table and wasn't going to go. Then it all got mixed up, Colin Hendry is a 'celebrity' guest and I then got talked into going by my missus who bumped into Colin in Lytham and told him we were both going etc because she thought it was the right thing to do and all that.

A long and complicated story.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: Anyone else going to Charity event at LCCC tommorrow?

Postby lythamblue » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:10 pm

For any of you that are interested, this was the event where the items previously listed for Auction were eventually sold.

http://www.challenge4change.org/events/home.aspx

I knew that a few on here that had made bids ..... so I thought you might be interested to know what the items eventually went for.

The 'Welcome to Manchester' Limited edition framed poster signed by Tevez, eventually went for £580.

Micah Richard signed shirt went for just £80.

Ricky Hatton signed gloves went for around £200.

Wayne Rooney signed and framed photo went for £120 (less than Robinho's)

Signed and Framed 05/06 City Shirt went for £120

Framed 1966 England Shirt (replica not match worn)Signed by whole team (except Bobby Charltonand off course Bobby Moore, went for over £900 on the basis that they would get Bobby Charlton to sign it too.

Signed Owen Hargreaves Bayern Munich Shirt went for just £45 ( I had to laugh)

Signed Man City Ball circa 1998 went for just £40

Signed Bell & Summerbee Typhoo Tea Cards went for just £85

Mark Hughes signed photo went for £55

Finally, The framed and signed 'Robinho' photo,eventually went for £145 (some daft knob from 'Lytham' bought it!!). It's OK my missus worships him amd I told her that I didn't really want it and bought it just as a 'present' for her .... it's worked as well because I got some great action last night too. Real double whammy that was!

I can't remember the others , I got tired of writing them down.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rosler's Rocket » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:54 pm

How was the food? tomato soup / stuffed chicken / apple crumble ?
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Rosler's Rocket
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Socrates » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Sounds like a fab evening Mark, well jealous. Hope you gave the butler the night off?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby lythamblue » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Rosler's Rocket wrote:How was the food? tomato soup / stuffed chicken / apple crumble ?

Bang on with the menu..... were you there?

Soup OK, chicken dry, apple crumble acceptable with custard.

John Christos and the bird were OK if you like that kind of thing. Norman Whiteside was surprisingly funny. Nobby Stiles comedian brother was the star of the show.

Anything else you want to know ?
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:39 am

lythamblue wrote:
Finally, The framed and signed 'Robinho' photo,eventually went for £145 (some daft knob from 'Lytham' bought it!!). It's OK my missus worships him amd I told her that I didn't really want it and bought it just as a 'present' for her .... it's worked as well because I got some great action last night too. Real double whammy that was!

FMTWF, well done mark, I take it the photo will be on the bedside table!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lythamblue » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Too big for the bedside table ..... but I have to admit it, what impressed was the mounting and presentation of the whole picture and the Quality of the autograph. His autographs differ dependant on how fast he signed them but obviously, Robbie took some time over this one as it is in silver pen on black background, clearly complete with smilie face, squad number and other bits of artwork.

Apart from that ..... I thought the price was quite low in a room full of a load of City fans ...... and ALL the cash goes to charity.

So all in all .... I'm quite happy with it.
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

Too big for the bedside table ..... but I have to admit it, what impressed was the mounting and presentation of the whole picture and the Quality of the autograph. His autographs differ dependant on how fast he signed them but obviously, Robbie took some time over this one as it is in silver pen on black background, clearly complete with smilie face, squad number and other bits of artwork.

Apart from that ..... I thought the price was quite low in a room full of a load of City fans ...... and ALL the cash goes to charity.

I read as far as that and wondered if I should continue.... glad I did though ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lythamblue » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lythamblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
lythamblue wrote:

I read as far as that and wondered if I should continue.... glad I did though ;-)

I notice living in France hasn't dulled your sense of humour then?
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:26 pm

lythamblue wrote:It's OK my missus worships him amd I told her that I didn't really want it and bought it just as a 'present' for her .... it's worked as well because I got some great action last night too. Real double whammy that was!

He might have meant both, after all it was a double whammy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum