Tevez Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:41 am

Weary Tevez eyes 2010 retirement

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez says he is tired of too much football and may consider quitting if Argentina win the World Cup next year. Tevez, 25, moved from Manchester United to City in the summer but has struggled to break into Argentina's first XI.

"It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup," he said. "It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors. I'm keen to get a bit of calm. I've won a lot. Football has saturated me."

Tevez began his career in the Boca Juniors youth team in 2001, moved to Corinthians for a season and then headed to England for spells with West Ham and Manchester United, where he won two Premier League titles and the 2008 Champions League.

He joined Manchester City in July and is contracted to stay at Eastlands until 2014. "I'm a little tired of so much football, so much football...I want to enjoy my family a bit," said the talismanic forward, who was speaking to Argentine newspaper Ole ahead of the weekend friendly with Spain in Madrid.

Although Argentina eventually scraped through the World Cup qualification process, Tevez has struggled to cement his place in the starting line-up under the guidance of boss Diego Maradona. But after admitting he had so far under-performed for his country, he expressed his desire to make his mark on the South African stage next summer.

"Nobody likes to be a substitute," Tevez added. "It doesn't worry me to sit on the bench and I will support my team-mates.

"I'm not going to sit with my arms folded and watch the World Cup pass by. No, I want to play, I want to enjoy it, I want to be there and I'm going to try 10 times harder than before. "I'm determined to turn this situation around. At the World Cup they are going to see the best Carlitos Tevez." In 51 internationals, Tevez has scored eight goals but has hit the net just once for City this season.
Argentina secured their spot at the 2010 World Cup after a late Mario Bolatti goal in a nervous 1-0 win in Uruguay last month.

Real right choice - Kaka
Kaka has "no regrets" about his decision to reject a move to Manchester City in favour of Real Madrid despite the £200 million outlay on players by Mark Hughes' side.
http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/latest ... -25166557/

Show Brazil respect over Robinho - we won five World Cups, Dunga tells Manchester City
The Middle East dispute between Manchester City and Brazil worsened last night when Dunga took a swipe at Mark Hughes over his comments about Robinho. Hughes is not impressed that City’s £32.5million record buy has stayed in the Brazilian camp for friendlies against England today and Oman on Tuesday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Juventus and AC Milan are interested in Manchester United's unsettled winger Nani.The Sun

Manchester United are to make a £20m bid for West Ham striker Carlton Cole in the January transfer window.Daily Mail

Birmingham, Blackburn and Bolton are ready to battle it out for Aston Villa's £5m-rated midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker. Daily Star

Everton have joined the likes of Arsenal, Juventus, Sunderland and West Ham in the race for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh.The Sun

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce will take a second look at former Monaco midfielder Camel Meriem this week. Daily Mirror

Bolton will look to make a bid for Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam in January.The Sun

Barcelona president Joan Laporta says he rejected an offer from Italian giants Inter Milan for star winger Lionel Messi this summer. Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, now at Inter Milan, says he yearns for a return to England.The Times

David Beckham will jet to Cape Town in South Africa ahead of the World Cup draw on 4 December to try to help England's stuttering 2018 World Cup bid. The Guardian

Chelsea have been hit by the news that striker Didier Drogba will be out for three weeks with a broken rib. The Sun

Former Birmingham co-owner David Gold is to a make a £80m bid for West Ham. Daily Express

Liverpool are concerned that striker Fernando Torres could miss the Merseyside derby against Everton on 29 November because of extended treatment on his abdominal injury. Daily Mirror

Cash-strapped Hull are up for sale with owner Russell Bartlett hoping to find a buyer in the new year. Daily Express

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... hany-brito

AND FINALLY
England manager Fabio Capello believes rounds of golf are helping his squad as they chase World Cup glory next year. Capello's two defeats as boss came after he missed playing a round and coach Ray Clemence is to visit South Africa to find a World Cup base with a decent course nearby. The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tevez Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:59 am

Those pictures are 2 good 2 bad
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:21 am

Manchester U***d are to make a £20m bid for West Ham striker Carlton Cole in the January transfer window.Daily Mail

What....WHAT?

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, now at Inter Milan, says he yearns for a return to England.The Times

In the shop window for the Scouse job?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:29 am

Slim wrote:

dont think they would have the money he would need to rebuild.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Slim wrote:
Manchester U***d are to make a £20m bid for West Ham striker Carlton Cole in the January transfer window.Daily Mail

What....WHAT?

I think if Hughes keeps up this run we should offer him his get out he wants then
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I think Mourinho is after an established team in the champions league. Might be liverpool's saviour or just letting people know he is available when taggart retires.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Esky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has alerted his potential suitors in England by admitting he would welcome a return to the Premier League with a club where he can found a lasting legacy.

Mourinho, currently managing Italian club Inter Milan, has been sorely missed in England since he departed Stamford Bridge in September 2007 having won back-to-back Premier League titles as well as the FA Cup and two Carling Cups.

His charisma and wit won him many admirers during his three-and-a-half years in the country and in Italy he has only built on his reputation by winning Serie A at the first attempt last season.

Reports continue to link Mourinho with a possible role at Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson finally retires and the Portuguese has made it very clear that he feels England is the best environment for him to try and emulate the Scot by achieving sustained excellence over an extended period at one club.

"Clearly it is unrealistic to expect to stay at a club as long as Sir Alex, but I am ready for the next phase of my career," Mourinho told the Times. "I want to work with a different perspective.

"At Porto, my objective was to win to earn the right to go abroad. At Chelsea, my ambition was to create a bit of history. But I always knew Chelsea lacked the normal English culture of stability.

"I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of Roman and the culture of the people around him and knew it was not a job for ten years. My role was to give this man what he wanted - victory - knowing that, sooner or later, my time would finish, because there were too many things going on around me.

"In Italy, I was coming to the motherland of tactics, the country of catenaccio and defensive football. The objective was to win not only in a third different league but a place where they say foreign coaches have had little success. But the time will come for stability.

"I love Inter and would love to build for the future here. In fact, I am doing it now, because I am not a selfish coach and I'm thinking about the future in terms of youth development and the age structure of my first team - but Italy is not the country for this. England is the country. And my football is English football."
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Read through it again folks. If Dogballs is out for 3 weeks does that mean he misses playing against us?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Just checked, it will be bloody close.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Now I am not his biggest fan, but even I know Tevez has scored three times and I'm thousands of fuckin miles away. Fancy a journalist failing to get verifiable facts right. Whatever next.

Mourinho is only after sneaking into baconface's chair when the old twat throws a seven.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:10 am

I cannot see Mourinho wanting to go to united, as other than currently being in the CL they have nothing to offer the next man to take charge there, the debt levels are rising and only interest is being paid off....(cosequently something like £60m it was this year), the bigger the debt gets the bigger that will get, Rooney and other players they have of any quality will be sold, and the new man will have nowt to spend on replacing them, look at this season as a prime example, sell their best player, one of their other best players and replace them with a prem based nobody, a geriatric and an unknown youngster.

No I think Jose is begging City to take him on, he would jump at the chance to manage this club, as any manager who believes in their own ability would do, and in that case the contract ink should be drying now.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby bluej » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:56 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I cannot see Mourinho wanting to go to U***d, as other than currently being in the CL they have nothing to offer the next man to take charge there, the debt levels are rising and only interest is being paid off....(cosequently something like £60m it was this year), the bigger the debt gets the bigger that will get, Rooney and other players they have of any quality will be sold, and the new man will have nowt to spend on replacing them, look at this season as a prime example, sell their best player, one of their other best players and replace them with a prem based nobody, a geriatric and an unknown youngster.

No I think Jose is begging City to take him on, he would jump at the chance to manage this club, as any manager who believes in their own ability would do, and in that case the contract ink should be drying now.

Apart from we already have a manager.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 am

bluej wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I cannot see Mourinho wanting to go to U***d, as other than currently being in the CL they have nothing to offer the next man to take charge there, the debt levels are rising and only interest is being paid off....(cosequently something like £60m it was this year), the bigger the debt gets the bigger that will get, Rooney and other players they have of any quality will be sold, and the new man will have nowt to spend on replacing them, look at this season as a prime example, sell their best player, one of their other best players and replace them with a prem based nobody, a geriatric and an unknown youngster.

Apart from we already have a manager.

But for how long??....LMAO!

Anyhow, just because we already have someone in the office, doesn't stop Mourinho from wanting or be willing to manage this club if asked.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby AlanBallsHat » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:11 am

Jose Mourinho can kiss my chuddies. Dont want him. Dont need him. With him it is always about him never the club. He has not improved Inter one bit. Why do you want our manager out RIG?
AlanBallsHat
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: That Blue team
My favourite player is: The Shauns

Postby irblinx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:15 am

I haven't seen anything so far that makes me think our board will knee jerk and sack Hughes, at the start of the season everyone accepted that we would need some time for all the new signings to gel properly, especially the all new defensive partnership. A good start results wise (masking some overall lacklustre performances at times) seems to have made many people forget this. The owner seems to trust Hughes and I'm sure they will continue to back him unless we end up in the bottom half of the table at season's end.

Mourinho always likes to keep his options open, his dream job is Liverpool but I'm sure that he'd jump at the scum if that were offered too
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 am

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has rubbished claims that he is ready for a Premier League return and is unhappy with the English press for making such a suggestion.

Mourinho was quoted as saying by The Times that "my football is English football" and that "I am ready for the next phase of my career", giving rise to the belief that he was looking to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester U***d.

However, he has denied making these statements to the British newspaper, explaining that they were extracted and manipulated from a book dedicated to Ferguson. It is not the first time a British newspaper has taken comments out of context and manipulated them into a sensational-sounding story.

"I met the journalist Patrick Barclay [the author of the article] some time ago to give my interview for a book dedicated to Sir Alex Ferguson," Mourinho told Inter's official website.

"I didn't talk about current events with this journalist, but exclusively on how managing in different countries has characterised my professional career.

"I underlined the historical and cultural differences and not my personal preferences, in order to show that an experience such as Sir Alex Ferguson's with Manchester U***d is an extraordinary exception in our profession.

"You can also read a correct translation of my phrases in quotation marks - I said that I love Inter, that I'm enjoying Inter and that I'm working for Inter: this is the reality and I will live as such until the end of the contract that binds me to the club.

"I'm very sorry that a sincere tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson has been used in fragments to provide information in such a different way that it required my intervention."
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum