Board Quality And Recent Events

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Board Quality And Recent Events

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am

Ladies and Gents,

The board quality has been dragged down in recent months due to outrageous posts intended to wind people up, personal insults intended to wind people up and petty squabbling due to opposing views. This place has always been a forum where freedom of speech has been allowed. The moderator team are lenient and get involved in heated debates as they are also good posters who dont sit on the fence. However, several excellent posters who have been posting here for years have decided to stay away from this site due to the drivel that is posted by certain posters on a daily basis. I am not mentioning any names as I don't need to, you all know who these posters are.

Therefore in an attempt to lure back the good posters and increase the quality of this forum, I would ask you to stop posting the pathetic wind up attempts and keep the debates on topic and subject matter relevant. The hughes debate will never go away and nor do I want it to as I enjoy the intelligent debate on the subject, the problem is there are 20 useless posts to 1 good one, which is why people stop reading them.

I will make the Hughes debate a Sticky (just like we used to have), please keep all of your opinions on Hughes in the 1 thread. If Hughes threads are started outside the sticky thread, they will be deleted and repeat offenders banned. The same goes for those posters who continually post rubbish in an attempt to goad people into an argument. Keep the threads on Topic, do not turn every thread into a Hughes debate, if you have an opinion that is related to the topic and you think it relates to the manager, then stick it in the sticky thread. Its what it is for. The heated debates will always happen as football is an emotive game and we are all passion about it, however, please try and think before you type.

If you think you have an idea which contributes to increasing the board quality then please post it here or PM me.

Cheers
WW
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Board Quality And Recent Events

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:39 pm

I know what would increase the board quality. How about these pussy posters who apparently write good stuff stop whingeing about the lack of quality and increase their output? It's pretty simple.

It's like parenting. Give your kids attention when they are good, ignore them when they are bad. It's the same with posters. Applaud the good posts and ignore the shite.

Simple.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:41 pm

dazby wrote:I know what would increase the board quality. How about these pussy posters who apparently write good stuff stop whingeing about the lack of quality and increase their output? It's pretty simple.

It's like parenting. Give your kids attention when they are good, ignore them when they are bad. It's the same with posters. Applaud the good posts and ignore the shite.

Simple.

absolutely Dazby. I want a solution to increase the quality and stop the poor quality, not just to post more quality.
Wonderwall

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Good luckwith that WW

I suggest a total Bollox thread every day . . . oh, um ... as you were
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Well in Bob. Lone Ranger nowadays but you're right, it needs addressing.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:57 pm

dazby wrote:I know what would increase the board quality. How about these pussy posters who apparently write good stuff stop whingeing about the lack of quality and increase their output? It's pretty simple.

Simple.

SPOT ON DAZBY LAD. !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ant london » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Good move this WW

I know lots of us have said it at various points but I really appreciate the work that you and the Lads are doing/have done....along with the Mods. I'm determined that this place isn't going to be ruined by a minority of dicks.

There are still lots of very good and very active posters and as Dazby says, the onus is on us all to keep up the quality
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:26 pm

dazby wrote:It's like parenting. Give your kids attention when they are good, ignore them when they are bad. It's the same with posters. Applaud the good posts and ignore the shite.

Simple.

poor analogy imo. show me a parent who has thousands of children to deal with.

the problem is that every time one of these idiots posts some wum thread in either the maine or off-topic forum there will inevitably be people who take offence and give the wum what they want, i.e a slanging match. i have foe'd one poster recently that was really pissing me off - not all people will do this though and nor should they have to. will people who fail to ignore the wums be punished?

as for these "pussies" you say should post more quality - i have seen a good many good posters try and argue the case time and time again but with some cunt totally ignoring your argument and just stating some bollocks "facts", or taking the word of some bullshit anti-city rag as gospel because it fits their argument you kind of lose heart.

five or six of my fave posters have vanished in the last 3 months:

Ted Hughes, Grob, DHTP, Ronk, BMD, KK and now OD seem to have lost patience. are these guys pussies? or maybe thay just could not be arsed with fucking retards who have reduced this board to its lowest ebb in the 14 months i have been posting on here.

anyways well in WW, something like this really, really needed to be done.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Ladies and Gents,

The board quality has been dragged down in recent months due to outrageous posts intended to wind people up, personal insults intended to wind people up and petty squabbling due to opposing views. This place has always been a forum where freedom of speech has been allowed. The moderator team are lenient and get involved in heated debates as they are also good posters who dont sit on the fence. However, several excellent posters who have been posting here for years have decided to stay away from this site due to the drivel that is posted by certain posters on a daily basis. I am not mentioning any names as I don't need to, you all know who these posters are.

Therefore in an attempt to lure back the good posters and increase the quality of this forum, I would ask you to stop posting the pathetic wind up attempts and keep the debates on topic and subject matter relevant. The hughes debate will never go away and nor do I want it to as I enjoy the intelligent debate on the subject, the problem is there are 20 useless posts to 1 good one, which is why people stop reading them.

I will make the Hughes debate a Sticky (just like we used to have), please keep all of your opinions on Hughes in the 1 thread. If Hughes threads are started outside the sticky thread, they will be deleted and repeat offenders banned. The same goes for those posters who continually post rubbish in an attempt to goad people into an argument. Keep the threads on Topic, do not turn every thread into a Hughes debate, if you have an opinion that is related to the topic and you think it relates to the manager, then stick it in the sticky thread. Its what it is for. The heated debates will always happen as football is an emotive game and we are all passion about it, however, please try and think before you type.

If you think you have an idea which contributes to increasing the board quality then please post it here or PM me.

Cheers
WW

I know full well that I was in your thoughts when writing this.

So what you basically want is me to come on here and agree with everything you write and put and not to disagree with any fellow poster on ANY topic??.

I am not and never have been on here as a WUM or goading other posters into a response, I put my views as I see them, if you don't like them and cannot take the fact that they disagree with what you have put then you know what to do......as you say there should be a "freedom of speech", it seems that mine and posters of the same viewpoint on topics like "Hughes" (as lets be honest that is the only reason this thread is even created) don't have that freedom you speak of preaching without one of the "keep him" brigade rubbishing what we put without any reason as to why.

This board is also no fun for us posters when we make a viewpoint as we see fit and then get slated as a RAG (which no poster on here would call me to my face I guarentee you that!), or a WUM or not a City fan amongst the more leinient resposnses, so lets get the "houler than thou" attitude sorted shall we, I would just appreciate fellow City fans to stop whinging about my posts if they happen to be critical to certain aspects of the foundation of this club as I see fit, I don't bleat on about them worshiping the good things about the club.

I will post my Hughes rants as you call them in that thread, but don't for one minute think that just because yourself or any other poster (DUD, MCFC1963, LAHAD etc) don't like what I will or have put that I will lose sleep over it and not put it......in one thread you mentioned about your 13 year old kid going for a trial, which tells me you are an adult.....surely it is time to act like one.
Last edited by Robinho_Is_GOD on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

IVE BEEN ON THIS SITE 9 YEARS AND IT,S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS.

WW HUGHES STICKY IS A SENSIBLE MOVE ALTHOUGH I DON,T SEE IT BEING 100% EFFECTIVE AS SOME THREADS WILL HAVE TO INVOLVE HUGHES ONE WAY OR ANOTHER AND IF YOU SKIP ONE THREAD,S REPLY INTO A HUGHES STICKY THEN YOU WILL END UP WITH NUMEROUS TOPICS ALL JUMBLED TOGETHER IN ONE...........MIGHT BE AS CONFUSING AS MY INTENT TO SHOW WHY!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

Cheers
WW

So what you basically want is me to come on here and agree with everything you write and put and not to disagree with any fellow poster on ANY topic??.

I am not and never have been on here as a WUM or goading other posters into a response, I put my views as I see them, if you don't like them and cannot take the fact that they disagree with what you have put then you know what to do......as you say there should be a "freedom of speech", it seems that mine and posters of the same viewpoint on topics like "Hughes" (as lets be honest that is the only reason this thread is even created) don't have that freedom you speak of preaching without one of the "keep him" brigade rubbishing what we put without any reason as to why.

This board is also no fun for us posters when we make a viewpoint as we see fit and then get slated as a RAG (which no poster on here would call me to my face I guarentee you that!), or a WUM or not a City fan amongst the more leinient resposnses, so lets get the "houler than thou" attitude sorted shall we, I would just appreciate fellow City fans to stop whinging about my posts when they critiscise aspects of the foundation of this club as I see fit, I don't bleat on about them worshiping the good things about the club.

I will post my Hughes rants as you call them in that thread, but don't for one minute think that just because yourself or any other poster (DUD, MCFC1963, LAHAD etc) don't like what I will or have put that I will lose sleep over it and not put it......in one thread you mentioned about your 13 year old kid going for a trial, which tells me you are an adult.....surely it is time to act like one.

If the cap fits Rigsby.

Everyone understands why it is needed, yet off you go again. This goes for everyone Rigsby. Now you either abide by the rules or you don't. You have a choice. You will note that the freedom of speech is continuing as it should. However, you didnt take note of the line where I asked for posters to think before they post!
Wonderwall

Postby ant london » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I know full well that I was in your thoughts when writing this.

Dear Narcissus

I can't speak for WW but you were not at the forefront of my thoughts when I read Bob's post. The sad fact is that, whilst you can come out with some utterly provocative and ill thought out tripe (..in my opinion, you don't have to agree)....you are actually capable of decent debate and do post some stuff that I agree with.

Unfortunately, we now have a number of posters who are 5 times worse than you at your worst.

Not everything is about you ;-)

Kind regards

Cockernay Wankah
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:00 pm

I think some users of the site forget that this site is owned by 3 people who have put a lot of time, effort and money into what it is today. You use this board as their guests. Comparing to reality it is liked being invited into a members club or close-knit pub. And in this reality you don't abuse the landlord's facilities and follow the rules.

2 out of 3 of the owners are on a "sabbatical". Lets give WW all our support to avoid a hat-trick.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

Cheers
WW

This board is also no fun for us posters when we make a viewpoint as we see fit and then get slated as a RAG (which no poster on here would call me to my face I guarentee you that!), or a WUM or not a City fan amongst the more leinient resposnses, so lets get the "houler than thou" attitude sorted shall we, I would just appreciate fellow City fans to stop whinging about my posts when they critiscise aspects of the foundation of this club as I see fit, I don't bleat on about them worshiping the good things about the club.

If the cap fits Rigsby.

Everyone understands why it is needed, yet off you go again. This goes for everyone Rigsby. Now you either abide by the rules or you don't. You have a choice. You will note that the freedom of speech is continuing as it should. However, you didnt take note of the line where I asked for posters to think before they post!

I didn't go off on one for any other reason, as IMHO I was the architect of your rant, and was not going to be criticised again unfairly in my view and let it lie, if the same rules that you wish me to abide by (which I am sure I have ALWAYS abided by) are also adheared to by everybody else (i.e. not abusing fellow posters viewpoints or personal insults etc) then all is well and good, also I did read ALL of your thread before replying, hence why all aspects were replied to.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Maybe a R.E.S.P.E.C.T policy would help the village is missing a person types.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

Cheers
WW

If the cap fits Rigsby.

I didn't go off on one for any other reason, as IMHO I was the architect of your rant, and was not going to be criticised again unfairly in my view and let it lie, if the same rules that you wish me to abide by (which I am sure I have ALWAYS abided by) are also adheared to by everybody else (i.e. not abusing fellow posters viewpoints or personal insults etc) then all is well and good, also I did read ALL of your thread before replying, hence why all aspects were replied to.

It obviously hit a nerve, however, contrary to what is in your head, this is not about you, its about the board in general. This is a move to improve the quality of the board and hopefully attract the posters that are sadly missing. If I wanted you gone I would just hit the button and it would be over, so please get over yourself and lets get on with keeping this place up there with the best forums on the web.
Wonderwall

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Hazy wrote:Maybe a R.E.S.P.E.C.T policy would help the village is missing a person types.

Respect works both ways Hazy.

That was my last comment in this thread, what has been said, has been said and it is time to get posting elsewhere now, that is what I enjoy most, not keep flogging a dead horse.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Burt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Hazy wrote:Maybe a R.E.S.P.E.C.T policy would help the village is missing a person types.

That was my last comment in this thread, what has been said, has been said and it is time to get posting elsewhere now,
that is what I enjoy most, not keep flogging a dead horse

I just love irony!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Burt wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

That was my last comment in this thread, what has been said, has been said and it is time to get posting elsewhere now,
that is what I enjoy most, not keep flogging a dead horse

I just love irony!!!

his best post....ever!

pmsl
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Goataldo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm still something of a noob here, relatively speaking, so pardon my ignorance when I ask what a 'Sticky' is.

What's a 'sticky'?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum