MARK HUGHES THREAD (all hughes opinions in here please)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MARK HUGHES THREAD (all hughes opinions in here please)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:45 am

Socrates wrote:
dikdik wrote:Surely it's the job of the manager to direct and motivate the players!? If they're not puttin in a shift then they're not being motivated.
In any organisation if the job is not being done then the manager takes the blame ultimately.
Or have I missed something?

You've missed the fact that some people are members of a cult where they confuse unwavering support for the incumbent manager with support for the club. Never knew sheep could be so vicious.

Woh, woh, woh Soc, there's no need for that is there! It is the manager who should take the blame for poor performances along with individuals who clearly do not play to their ability, and most people know that. Some however choose to support the club and all those involved regardless of the outcome of games, in the knowledge that they will be there for the next game.

To call them a cult and sheep is just antagonising fellow Blues who have their opinion, and show support in a different way to your own. These sort of comments are similar to the ones that lead to the thread at the top of the board.

Debate, don't Berate!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:
dikdik wrote:Surely it's the job of the manager to direct and motivate the players!? If they're not puttin in a shift then they're not being motivated.
In any organisation if the job is not being done then the manager takes the blame ultimately.

You've missed the fact that some people are members of a cult where they confuse unwavering support for the incumbent manager with support for the club. Never knew sheep could be so vicious.

Woh, woh, woh Soc, there's no need for that is there! It is the manager who should take the blame for poor performances along with individuals who clearly do not play to their ability, and most people know that. Some however choose to support the club and all those involved regardless of the outcome of games, in the knowledge that they will be there for the next game.

To call them a cult and sheep is just antagonising fellow Blues who have their opinion, and show support in a different way to your own. These sort of comments are similar to the ones that lead to the thread at the top of the board.

Debate, don't Berate!

Sorry beef but the gloves are off. It's ok for them to constantly berate those that don't agree with them but skyfairy forbid that any of us should fight back? Had enough of the nastiness, the name-calling and the constant attempts at censorship from people who are incapable of debating the points - they are so similar to religious zealots that want to silence all criticism of their unsustainable beliefs that it is scary. I have no bones to pick with you fella, you are one of the best posters on here, but sadly you are one all too few these days capable of engaging in an intelligent debate.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:I see sky are creating bollox about nothing to try and unsettle City

Sky got it from the broadsheets, if the quotes are made up then they were made up by journalists at the Telegraph or The Guardian.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby bluej » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

Socrates wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Debate, don't Berate!

Sorry beef but the gloves are off. It's ok for them to constantly berate those that don't agree with them but skyfairy forbid that any of us should fight back? Had enough of the nastiness, the name-calling and the constant attempts at censorship from people who are incapable of debating the points - they are so similar to religious zealots that want to silence all criticism of their unsustainable beliefs that it is scary. I have no bones to pick with you fella, you are one of the best posters on here, but sadly you are one all too few these days capable of engaging in an intelligent debate.

Jesus - this is fellow blues you are talking about.

Both 'sides' are guilty of name calling and general nastiness - have you not seen Carl wander around the board calling out the 'lickers' whenever we lose/have a bad result? And then disappears again until the next time.

The main problem I have with this 'debate' is that the same points get done over to death and it is too black and white - you either want Hughes in or out. Any other sensible well thought out posts trying to look at it from both sides get lost in the middle of name-calling and accusations of not being 'real fans'.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:49 am

That's it soccs. Come out swinging. You've been so harshly done by. Just keep posting your posts mate. Do it in every thread. You'll eventually win everyone over with your zeal.

You can do it, warrior.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:06 am

dazby wrote:That's it soccs. Come out swinging. You've been so harshly done by. Just keep posting your posts mate. Do it in every thread. You'll eventually win everyone over with your zeal.

You can do it, warrior.

At least he actually debates a point rather than constantly attacking other posters for their opinions eh!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:11 am

Is that right? He'll debate the Leslie issue til he's black and blue. However, in another thread he was asked a direct question by Dub and he snubbed it. Dub actually called him for attacking posters rather than debating a point. When it came to debating the point he went missing.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 am

bluej wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Debate, don't Berate!

Jesus - this is fellow blues you are talking about.

Both 'sides' are guilty of name calling and general nastiness - have you not seen Carl wander around the board calling out the 'lickers' whenever we lose/have a bad result? And then disappears again until the next time.

The main problem I have with this 'debate' is that the same points get done over to death and it is too black and white - you either want Hughes in or out. Any other sensible well thought out posts trying to look at it from both sides get lost in the middle of name-calling and accusations of not being 'real fans'.

YES I AM GUILTY - GUILTY OF REACTING BADLY TO A DRAB GUTLESS PERFORMANCE (AGAIN) AND TEND TO LASH OUT TO THE ANYONE THAT CAN BLINDLY DEFEND THE PERFORMANCE, MANAGER,TRAINERS,PLAYERS.

I NEVER DISAPPEAR YOU CHEEKY CUNT!!
I ACTUALLY SET OFF YESTERDAY TO A BEACH HIDEAWAY A FEW HOURS AWAY AND AM NOW SETTLED IN MY ROOM CONNECTED SO FORGIVE ME THAT I HAVENT GOT TIME TO GET ON MY SHITBERRY TO VOICE MY OPINION A LITTLE MORE.

AFTER THE SPURS MATCH I WAS LIVID...LIVID WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE AND COULD OF HAD A FIGHT WITH MY FUCKING SHADOW I WAS THAT PISSED OFF.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Socrates wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Debate, don't Berate!

Fair enough pal, and I understand your views. It's just that I haven't actually seen any of late, yes, a few have had a bit of a pop every now and then, but nothing over zealous.

PS. You gotta love the word 'Zealot', for some reason it reminds me of Toy Story ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:are these the same players that beat chelsea in an awesome performance just over a week ago?

Tell you what WW - I found time to watch the Spurs game on TV today

Positive as I try to be I can tell you that it was one of those games (like Birmingham) where we actually looked a whole lot better on TV than the reality was

From the stands on Wednesday we looked a whole lot worse and there were some terrible individual performances

Positive - Toure - looked better in the flesh - he might have looked all at sea for their 2nd but he was having to cover left and right for Ned and Micah all through the game

Positive - Tevez - I have seem him criticised for Weds - Why?? - Ok not brilliant best but his workrate was many time better than the next best and off the scale when compared to others - and for those that say that he has a bad 1st touch - needs to use more skill etc - well I thought I had gone back in time to the days of Kinky - where the other 10 players were devoid of any other creative thought than to give it to him - regardless if he has 2 or 3 players on him - even Stevie was doing that - Tevez got a good few kicks as well

De jong - genuine do not think he was fit enough to play - but you could see the difference in MF once he was withdrawn - not saying we should have 10 workhorses but if the others showed even half the effort of Tevez and de Jong there would not be a problem

Neutral - Barry - not great but he at least showed a lot of determination which on Weds was a quality that was hard to find

Poor - Micah - sorry, I know that people are starting to rave again - but frankly it is bollocks - yes he did a couple of really good strong tackles - does not make up for the vast number of occasions when he was out of position - I accept that he was probably told to stay up field for the last 3rd of the game - but what was his excuse for the rest of the game? - I know that Sylvinio has been slated for being roasted by Lennon - but at least he was there to be roasted - Lennon would have had an even easier time on the left - Richards was only not totally exposed because Spurs went down the right side most of the time

To think I flew back from my holiday for the Bolton and Spurs game - I even had the Mrs asking me if I had found it worthwhile!!! and she might as well be a RAG for all she knows about football - we better shape up on Saturday before I fly back Monday
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:Is it bollocks though Bob? It's actually encouraging to me that Cook is out there asking the question - gives me a bit more confidence that he at least is aware of the fact Hughes is failing.

by bollocks I mean its the usual tabloid frenzy of hatred towards the team that everyone seems to hate. Amazing timing of these stories to come out. I wonder if they have had this one waiting to come out for a while and found NOW as the perfect opportunity to unsettle a few people and ruffle the feathers in the corridors of power.

Whether it is 100% genuine or not, its always aimed at trying to negatively affect City, which is what I meant by bolloocks
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 pm

dazby wrote:Is that right? He'll debate the Leslie issue til he's black and blue. However, in another thread he was asked a direct question by Dub and he snubbed it. Dub actually called him for attacking posters rather than debating a point. When it came to debating the point he went missing.

Much as it may surprise you, I don'treligiously check for responses to my posts so you need to be more specific so II can check whether I ignored it or just didn't see it...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Socrates wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Debate, don't Berate!

Wow.

Put your gloves back on will you, we're all city fans.

IMO almost all of the members of this site are capable of debating a point. And nastiness can come in many different forms, from straight up name calling to patronising on a daily basis.

Its always "they" and "you lot". If you just relaxed on that a little bit you might not feel so isolated.

Chill mate.
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:43 pm

dazby wrote:Is that right? He'll debate the Leslie issue til he's black and blue. However, in another thread he was asked a direct question by Dub and he snubbed it. Dub actually called him for attacking posters rather than debating a point. When it came to debating the point he went missing.
But you have also failed to answer a direct question in this very thread (about what happens to hughes when our Carling Cup run comes to an end). Does this mean you snubbed the question?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:25 pm

King Kev wrote:
But you have also failed to answer a direct question in this very thread (about what happens to hughes when our Carling Cup run comes to an end). Does this mean you snubbed the question?

I'll answer that mate, hopefully it ends with a final. If not, then I would hazard a guess that he won't be here much longer if Taggart really does play his 2nd team.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I'll answer that mate, hopefully it ends with a final. If not, then I would hazard a guess that he won't be here much longer if Taggart really does play his 2nd team.

bacon face is in a very favourable position. he can play "the kids" in the first round. if they get a good result, he'll use them again at home. if not, he can add a few first team players in the home leg. if he wins, he has the bragging rights, if he loses, he's got the perfect excuse.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:41 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

bacon face is in a very favourable position. he can play "the kids" in the first round. if they get a good result, he'll use them again at home. if not, he can add a few first team players in the home leg. if he wins, he has the bragging rights, if he loses, he's got the perfect excuse.

Great minds think alike mate, I posted near enough the same when the draw came out ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Great minds think alike mate, I posted near enough the same when the draw came out ;-)

i must've stolen it from you then ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:01 pm

No doubt about it - our run has now defenitely gone from 'only one loss this season' to 'only one victory last 10 league games'. S'land is basically a must win game. This City team is a bit of an enigma to me. We seem to have that rare and golden combination of steel and talent. But despite that we don't win. And we leak goals, 1.5 per game on average. The next few weeks will decide our season and Hughes' future.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 am

King Kev wrote:

KK defending Soccs. It's beautiful, it really is.

To answer your question I'd say it's up to the owners, as it is now. As it was when Sven was around, and SP and KK....
I want every City manager to succeed. I have faith in our chairman to do the right thing by the club and I applaud him for giving Leslie the time to prove himself and raise the club to the top. I trust his judgement.

By taking us to the semis of the CC Leslie earnt the right to manage us in those fixtures. What happens after that is up to the chairman.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum