MARK HUGHES THREAD (all hughes opinions in here please)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MARK HUGHES THREAD (all hughes opinions in here please)

Postby M147WN » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 am

The problem we as a club face is a simple one!
In any walk of life when you look up to and respect the man you ultimately work for (and i include the day to day coaches in this analagy) more often than not, you raise your game and turn in a better than average performance which leads to consistant overacheivement. If you view your bosses in a different, more negative manner and don't have complete faith in them, that respect will never be present and performances dip. Once this trend sets in with those who are seen as senior or proven performers the house of cards syndrome is inevitable!

We have a situation where very good players are not being enthuased by those above them and when this happens it goes throgh the ranks like a dose of salts!

Good players don't become bad ones overnight!

Look at your own work situations and if you currently work for a tosser you have no respect for mark your performance from 9 to 5 out of 10!
Then cast your minds back to when you worked for a bloke that taught you, enthaused you and encouraged you ( also known to have the technical know-how) and someone you liked and admired and then rate your performance out of 10!

The simple answer is that the players we have DON'T respect Mark Hughes and his training staff and if this is the case we will always underacheive with this man at the helm!

I want a winner as a manager who will bring in a winning training regeime, in fact a man that with inspire not only the player but everyone from the tea lady to the exec chairman! Mark Hughes and his croniies are not the real deal!
The wins against Chelsea and Arse subs were borne out of the PLAYERS personal pride to beat them NOT the manager or his aides football acumen!!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 am

dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:
dazby wrote:Is that right? He'll debate the Leslie issue til he's black and blue. However, in another thread he was asked a direct question by Dub and he snubbed it. Dub actually called him for attacking posters rather than debating a point. When it came to debating the point he went missing.
But you have also failed to answer a direct question in this very thread (about what happens to hughes when our Carling Cup run comes to an end). Does this mean you snubbed the question?

KK defending Soccs. It's beautiful, it really is.

To answer your question I'd say it's up to the owners, as it is now. As it was when Sven was around, and SP and KK....
I want every City manager to succeed. I have faith in our chairman to do the right thing by the club and I applaud him for giving Leslie the time to prove himself and raise the club to the top. I trust his judgement.

By taking us to the semis of the CC Leslie earnt the right to manage us in those fixtures. What happens after that is up to the chairman.

You do know Allardyceis in the semis as well I trust? It's only an achievement whenset against vast underachievement. And KK is only defending me because I'm right...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:01 am

Socrates wrote:
dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:
dazby wrote:Is that right? He'll debate the Leslie issue til he's black and blue. However, in another thread he was asked a direct question by Dub and he snubbed it. Dub actually called him for attacking posters rather than debating a point. When it came to debating the point he went missing.
But you have also failed to answer a direct question in this very thread (about what happens to hughes when our Carling Cup run comes to an end). Does this mean you snubbed the question?

To answer your question I'd say it's up to the owners, as it is now. As it was when Sven was around, and SP and KK....
I want every City manager to succeed. I have faith in our chairman to do the right thing by the club and I applaud him for giving Leslie the time to prove himself and raise the club to the top. I trust his judgement.

By taking us to the semis of the CC Leslie earnt the right to manage us in those fixtures. What happens after that is up to the chairman.

You do know Allardyceis in the semis as well I trust? It's only an achievement whenset against vast underachievement. And KK is only defending me because I'm right...

Allardyce isn't managing City. Your second sentence is true but it still took Leslie (and 200mil) to do it.

The third sentence is the biggie. The thread you conveniently ignored is one where Dubbers debunked about 4 or 5 of your assertions. You can't find it because you failed to keep it in here as the lads requested.

The only thing you are right about Soccs is that you have an opinion. And yes, KK should agree that you have one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Socrates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 am

dazby wrote:
Socrates wrote:
dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Allardyce isn't managing City. Your second sentence is true but it still took Leslie (and 200mil) to do it.

The third sentence is the biggie. The thread you conveniently ignored is one where Dubbers debunked about 4 or 5 of your assertions. You can't find it because you failed to keep it in here as the lads requested.

The only thing you are right about Soccs is that you have an opinion. And yes, KK should agree that you have one.

So you are accusing me of not replying to a post in a topic that was locked? Ok got you.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby citoeast » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:58 am

My problem with Mark Hughes is that he is brillant at every part of management as far as I can see and he has turned the club around to the good in so many ways. Where he has clearly failed is in managing the team performances.

He is exceptional at the PR bit, as he is a very eloquent and very accomplished speaker, but therein lies the problem, he has been able to build up this illusion of progress and the need for ever ending patience thus giving himself a job for life for those who buy into this theory.

He has underachieved given the quality of the squad, resources and players and more importantly there is no tangible sign of progress. Yes we beat Arsenal's kids and Chelsea and nearly drew at the swamp, but these are achievements past failed managers and so called (losing mentality players - Hughes words) also achieved, because players get themselves up for big games they do not need the manager to do that, professional pride.

Hughes has never tactically turned a game around, he is indeed clueless in this regard and the way he sets his teams up bewildering at times (e.g. Spurs Sylvinho & Robinho, while Petrov and Kompany sat on the bench?).

I regret to say it but I feel strongly Hughes has had his golden opportunity and blown it.
CitoEast
citoeast
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby arctic_mcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:29 pm

rumour is he's bee sacked
arctic_mcfc
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Didn't have enough time. We are playing shit and we are still top 6 an doin well in cup. Should have had til end of season.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby robinho1025 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:26 pm

i feel bad for the guy and i'm all for stability, but this is a cut throat bussiness. When you spend 200 million of your own money and you expect to finish top 4 and then the fourth spot becomes open and your unproven manager goes 8 matches in a row without winning, you are going to bring in a proven world class manager. that's just the way it is.
robinho1025
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Woohoo!!! Christmas has come early!!

Bye bye useless fucler :o) :o) :o)
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:14 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Didn't have enough time. We are playing shit and we are still top 6 an doin well in cup. Should have had til end of season.

disgraceful sacking of hughes, I am disgusted by this.

Cheers Hughes, I dont think you were given enough time and think bringing mancini in is wrong. Time will tell. I wonder how long he will be given?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby chef » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 pm

been anounced mancini with brian kidd as no2
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum