Hughes Poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should we replace Hughes?

Yes
43%
No
43%
not sure, dont want to make a decision yet either way
14%

Total votes : 218

Re: Hughes Poll

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 pm

dazby wrote:If they took the fans opinions on board, he'd have gone after West Brom last season.

And been reinstated as soon as Hiddink left to take Tajikistan to the AFC Asian Cup quarter-finals.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm

dazby wrote:If we dick Sundyland and they take the poll again you think it'll be as fickle as this poll?

Just have faith in our owners, please. If they don't think he's good enough for their little investment, they'll get rid.

If they took the fans opinions on board, he'd have gone after West Brom last season.

"Just have faith in our owners, please.................."

---------------------------------------------

This the only thing that matters - either way.

You look at the 'quality' of owners at other clubs!!!

You look at where we were before the Sheik!!!!

You listen to the statements of some of the CITY fans now - how quick we take being rich for granted - just think if the Sheik was to withdraw and we had to go back to the previous state.

We should all just be immensely grateful to the Sheik and give him the respect he deserves - for me that means back his judgement

For me:

1/ He has already shown Hughes enough backing - he has given Hughes respect and opportunity - if he was to sack him now - well I would back the Sheik

2/ The Sheik looks like the real deal big time - if he wants to back Hughes until the spring / end of season - then for me absolutely fine - and I will show respect to the Sheik by backing CITY and all its personnel (including the manager) to the hilt in this period

Without / before him I knew that in my lifetime I would never see the team I have followed since a toddler ever compete - for me he has already given me more interest / excitement / hope than I have had for more than 30 years - I would feel really shallow and petulant to go around moaning about any aspect of the club at this time

The Sheik will take us all the way - I am just so happy he chose us
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby The Original Special One » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 pm

I voted yes
He and his 'Tafia' clowns deserve the sack for the complete mess they've made of our defence
The Original Special One

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:15 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
dazby wrote:If we dick Sundyland and they take the poll again you think it'll be as fickle as this poll?

Just have faith in our owners, please. If they don't think he's good enough for their little investment, they'll get rid.

If they took the fans opinions on board, he'd have gone after West Brom last season.

You listen to the statements of some of the CITY fans now - how quick we take being rich for granted - just think if the Sheik was to withdraw and we had to go back to the previous state.

We should all just be immensely grateful to the Sheik and give him the respect he deserves - for me that means back his judgement

For me:

1/ He has already shown Hughes enough backing - he has given Hughes respect and opportunity - if he was to sack him now - well I would back the Sheik

2/ The Sheik looks like the real deal big time - if he wants to back Hughes until the spring / end of season - then for me absolutely fine - and I will show respect to the Sheik by backing CITY and all its personnel (including the manager) to the hilt in this period

Without / before him I knew that in my lifetime I would never see the team I have followed since a toddler ever compete - for me he has already given me more interest / excitement / hope than I have had for more than 30 years - I would feel really shallow and petulant to go around moaning about any aspect of the club at this time

Well thanks for answering the poll question, "Should we replace the Sheikh".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:03 pm

IMO the most shocking thing about this poll is that 31 people have not made up their minds yet... and have bothered to vote to tell us this!!!

Grow a pair and make a decision you pussies!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:06 pm

King Kev wrote:IMO the most shocking thing about this poll is that 31 people have not made up their minds yet... and have bothered to vote to tell us this!!!

Grow a pair and make a decision you pussies!

it's all dazby, mate. he first voted "sitting on the fence", but then changed his mind to sitting slighTly more on the fence. but since that wasn't an option, he went for "sitting on the fence" again. and repeat x 30.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 pm

I haven't bothered voting.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 pm

dazby wrote:I haven't bothered voting.

That's because the last time you voted, we got Rudd..I still blame you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 pm

And given what has come to pass over the following 12 months, he wouldnt have been far wrong in fucking him off last xmas would he?

If a manager is not up to it, he is not up to it. Dont matter if you give someone a week, month, year or decade - if he aint right, he aint right. The problem we have is that some think that if you give him more time he will become fergie.

Face it - it is not going to happen.

The thing with Fergie getting more time was that he was already a proven winner, against the biggest odds. The only thing like Fergie has been Mourinho, winning trophies with a "smaller" club then stepping up to do the business with a big club. Jose just did it quicker.

These people come along once in a generation, and when they do it is instantly recognisable - which is why united stuck with Fergie through the dark days
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:I haven't bothered voting.

That's because the last time you voted, we got Rudd..I still blame you.

More than happy to take the blame for that. Thanks Slim.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 am

Slim wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

For me:

Well thanks for answering the poll question, "Should we replace the Sheikh".

Well I have previously - I voted no - on this occasion I was responding to a post from another board member - is that not what the forum is about??? - perhaps you should sometimes think before you leap in with your 'sometimes' thoughtful sharp comments
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:38 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Well I have previously - I voted no - on this occasion I was responding to a post from another board member - is that not what the forum is about??? - perhaps you should sometimes think before you leap in with your 'sometimes' thoughtful sharp comments

And perhaps you should read the original post and try to respect the idea that I was trying to keep the vote as unbiased as possible without people delving into the debate. Maybe you should and the member you are replying to should read instead of thinking your opinion transcends all and must be heard no matter the occasion.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 am

Slim wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Well I have previously - I voted no - on this occasion I was responding to a post from another board member - is that not what the forum is about??? - perhaps you should sometimes think before you leap in with your 'sometimes' thoughtful sharp comments

And perhaps you should read the original post and try to respect the idea that I was trying to keep the vote as unbiased as possible without people delving into the debate. Maybe you should and the member you are replying to should read instead of thinking your opinion transcends all and must be heard no matter the occasion.

Now that as just cheered me up before I set off on another long and cold journey this week - hopefully to see a better performance

I absolutely take it on the chin that we have a Hughes thread and things should be contained to there - although that rule does not seem to be strictly followed by those of a certain persuasion - see the "if you could choose a manager thread...." - and I agree that this thread was not for 'opinions' - / 'detail' - so I have made a mistake by responding to a post from another member - but heh ho - was really a hanging offence was it??

But you have made me really chuckle with the :

".....Maybe you should and the member you are replying to should read instead of thinking your opinion transcends all and must be heard no matter the occasion."

That is absolutely priceless coming from you and I am sure a few others will chuckle as well - now lets see if you can resist the urge to reply with something else smartarse(ish) - because that would be you further distracting this thread from it focus - just to indulge yourself with clever comments at other peoples expense
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Now that as just cheered me up before I set off on another long and cold journey this week - hopefully to see a better performance

I absolutely take it on the chin that we have a Hughes thread and things should be contained to there - although that rule does not seem to be strictly followed by those of a certain persuasion - see the "if you could choose a manager thread...." - and I agree that this thread was not for 'opinions' - / 'detail' - so I have made a mistake by responding to a post from another member - but heh ho - was really a hanging offence was it??

But you have made me really chuckle with the :

".....Maybe you should and the member you are replying to should read instead of thinking your opinion transcends all and must be heard no matter the occasion."

That is absolutely priceless coming from you and I am sure a few others will chuckle as well - now lets see if you can resist the urge to reply with something else smartarse(ish) - because that would be you further distracting this thread from it focus - just to indulge yourself with clever comments at other peoples expense

Reminds me of your posts.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:52 am

Let's see if there is any change after the game, or maybe it won't really matter!
Should we replace Hughes?
You may select 1 option

Yes 92 - 43%

No 93 - 43%

not sure, dont want to make a decision yet either way 31 - 14%

Total votes : 216
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Haha.
This poll ended even.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez