Hughes Poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should we replace Hughes?

Yes
43%
No
43%
not sure, dont want to make a decision yet either way
14%

Total votes : 218

Re: Hughes Poll

Postby david yearsley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Motivation might not be the crux of the problem - man management could be nearer the mark (no pun intended)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 pm

david yearsley wrote:Motivation might not be the crux of the problem - man management could be nearer the mark (no pun intended)

What makes you say that mate? What's your theory?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Socrates wrote:2 weeks to the transfer window opens. The time for a decision from the Sheikh is NOW. Hughes is not getting any sort of consistent performance from his hand picked players. I honestly believe that it is not motivation but tactics. Players don't need much motivating to fight for a Champs League place! But when they are being outclassed and outplayed on every front, like last night, it can make heads drop and look like they don't care. So it comes down only to one thing. Hughes and his coaches. If I were Mansour I'd be telling Khaldoon that I want reports from him and Hughes in 48 hours, telling me what was wrong and what needs to be done to put it right. If the answer from Khaldoon is the manager cannot make the step up, or the response from Hughes does not recognise that his coaching team as a unit needs strengthening, then it should be time to find his replacement.

This is one of the greatest load of bollox I've heard on this site.

You want the sheikh to request "a report" from Khaldoon and that report HAS to either state that Hughes isn't up to it, or that his backroom staff aren't up to it?

Fuck it mate, you just send the Sheikh the report. Its so fucking simple you should have no hassle "typing it up"...

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:
Socrates wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Image

Mark, this is also an established sticky at the top of the board. You know what the debate is in here. If you don't want to read opin ions you don't like then don't click on it...

I can flip that right back on you and say why aren't you posting in that thread?

Because so many people think their opinion is in such high regard it cant be placed in a mere "sticky thread".

I know exactly whats goin on an its embarassing.

Can we have a MARKMAKAVELI out sticky thread please?

He is a great poster who is spending far too much time moaning about us moaning... The fact is some of us spend a fortune supporting this club and get recompensed with shite disorganised performances.

Shaun Goater himself said "fail to prepare, be prepared to fail", we are failing because we are so disorganised and players have no clue where to find each other when passing, we are shite at set pieces and allowing players to run through gaps unchallenged.

We have the right to moan as we are paying for this shit!!
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

dazby wrote:
david yearsley wrote:Motivation might not be the crux of the problem - man management could be nearer the mark (no pun intended)

Think it´s simply along the lines of perhaps actually "talking to your players!" , cobber!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm

sandman wrote:Can we have a MARKMAKAVELI out sticky thread please?

He is a great poster who is spending far too much time moaning about us moaning... The fact is some of us spend a fortune supporting this club and get recompensed with shite disorganised performances.

Shaun Goater himself said "fail to prepare, be prepared to fail", we are failing because we are so disorganised and players have no clue where to find each other when passing, we are shite at set pieces and allowing players to run through gaps unchallenged.

your not moaning about mark moaning about you moaning are you?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Can we have a Sandman Out Sticky Thread Please?
sandman

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:04 pm

sandman wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Can we have a Sandman Out Sticky Thread Please?

Can we have an Out OUT sticky please.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:2 weeks to the transfer window opens. The time for a decision from the Sheikh is NOW. Hughes is not getting any sort of consistent performance from his hand picked players. I honestly believe that it is not motivation but tactics. Players don't need much motivating to fight for a Champs League place! But when they are being outclassed and outplayed on every front, like last night, it can make heads drop and look like they don't care. So it comes down only to one thing. Hughes and his coaches. If I were Mansour I'd be telling Khaldoon that I want reports from him and Hughes in 48 hours, telling me what was wrong and what needs to be done to put it right. If the answer from Khaldoon is the manager cannot make the step up, or the response from Hughes does not recognise that his coaching team as a unit needs strengthening, then it should be time to find his replacement.

You want the sheikh to request "a report" from Khaldoon and that report HAS to either state that Hughes isn't up to it, or that his backroom staff aren't up to it?

Fuck it mate, you just send the Sheikh the report. Its so fucking simple you should have no hassle "typing it up"...

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Which part of the "TWO REPORTS" statement confused you ? Learn to read before you respond to me again please. Thanks.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Which part of the "TWO REPORTS" statement confused you ? Learn to read before you respond to me again please. Thanks.

Ohhhhhhhh.... sorry mate I didn't realise you said you wanted TWO REPORTS.... well doesn't that just change EVERYTHING?!!!! Our problems are solved, because there's actually TWO REPORTS. What if Khaldoon's report says its just taking time and Hughes' report says the same?

"Reports" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Clown
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Ohhhhhhhh.... sorry mate I didn't realise you said you wanted TWO REPORTS.... well doesn't that just change EVERYTHING?!!!! Our problems are solved, because there's actually TWO REPORTS. What if Khaldoon's report says its just taking time and Hughes' report says the same?

Clown

Don't want to get involved in what appears to be an on going thing but isn't a prominent, but distant figure in a business requesting 'reports' from senior figures who are colser to the front end fairly standard stuff?

You're clutching at straws here I think, Dub, if you're trying to take the piss as I don't see it as being out of the ordinary. I'd be fairly confident in saying that he probably recieves reports periodically already.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Clown

Don't want to get involved in what appears to be an on going thing but isn't a prominent, but distant figure in a business requesting 'reports' from senior figures who are colser to the front end fairly standard stuff?

You're clutching at straws here I think, Dub, if you're trying to take the piss as I don't see it as being out of the ordinary. I'd be fairly confident in saying that he probably recieves reports periodically already.

Well thanks for saving me the bother.

Of course he gets reports Ger. That's my fucking point.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Clown

then ignore Khaldoon and sack him as "just needs time" wouldn't be a satisfactory answer. What I'm saying is they need to ask a hard question and get a proper answer if he is to stay on because the status quo isn't going to cut it. And you can stop the fucking insults because my next action is to block you as you are the most arrogant ignorant twat on the site and I'm fed up with reading your drivel.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Clown

then ignore Khaldoon and sack him as "just needs time" wouldn't be a satisfactory answer. What I'm saying is they need to ask a hard question and get a proper answer if he is to stay on because the status quo isn't going to cut it. And you can stop the fucking insults because my next action is to block you as you are the most arrogant ignorant twat on the site and I'm fed up with reading your drivel.

Ouch!

Don't be like that brother, I was just in shitty form and sometimes you annoy me because you are always so SURE that your way is the right way and you can be very patronising in every debate I've seen you involved in. You seem like an intelligent guy which is fandiddly tastic, but be a bit more subtle in your approach if you can.

And no need for that blocking chief, sure haven't we been here a thousand times before Mr Foreigner? ;)
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 pm

david yearsley wrote:
dazby wrote:

Think it´s simply along the lines of perhaps actually "talking to your players!" , cobber!

So it's as simple as you don't think he talks to the players enough, hombre.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Chinners » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:02 am

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:[2 weeks to the transfer window opens. The time for a decision from the Sheikh is NOW. Hughes is not getting any sort of consistent performance from his hand picked players. I honestly believe that it is not motivation but tactics. Players don't need much motivating to fight for a Champs League place! But when they are being outclassed and outplayed on every front, like last night, it can make heads drop and look like they don't care. So it comes down only to one thing. Hughes and his coaches. If I were Mansour I'd be telling Khaldoon that I want reports from him and Hughes in 48 hours, telling me what was wrong and what needs to be done to put it right. If the answer from Khaldoon is the manager cannot make the step up, or the response from Hughes does not recognise that his coaching team as a unit needs strengthening, then it should be time to find his replacement.

hahahahaha

"report"

hahahahahaha

Clown

then ignore Khaldoon and sack him as "just needs time" wouldn't be a satisfactory answer. What I'm saying is they need to ask a hard question and get a proper answer if he is to stay on because the status quo isn't going to cut it. And you can stop the fucking insults because my next action is to block you as you are the most arrogant ignorant twat on the site and I'm fed up with reading your drivel.[/quote]

Ouch!

Don't be like that brother, I was just in shitty form and sometimes you annoy me because you are always so SURE that your way is the right way and you can be very patronising in every debate I've seen you involved in. You seem like an intelligent guy which is fandiddly tastic, but be a bit more subtle in your approach if you can.

And no need for that blocking chief, sure haven't we been here a thousand times before Mr Foreigner? ;)[/quote]

Benders!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sandman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:58 am

sandman

Postby bluej » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 am

sandman wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/18/mark-hughes-manchester-city

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... agent.html

Yeah, we know, you made a thread about it.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 am

For those who think this site doesn't reflect the true felings about Mr Hughes - a poll on the Guardian website - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/poll ... ughes-sack
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:53 am

If we dick Sundyland and they take the poll again you think it'll be as fickle as this poll?

Just have faith in our owners, please. If they don't think he's good enough for their little investment, they'll get rid.

If they took the fans opinions on board, he'd have gone after West Brom last season.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum