MOM v Chelski

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Your MOM v Chelski

Shay Given
12%
Micah Richards
2%
Wayne Bridge
No votes
Kolo Toure
1%
Joleon Lescott
4%
Nigel De Jong
66%
Gareth Barry
No votes
Shaun Wright-Phillips
3%
Robinho
No votes
Carlos Tevez
11%
Emmanuel Adebayor
No votes
Vincent Kompany
No votes
Nedum Onuoha
No votes
Pablo Zabaleta
No votes

Total votes : 134

Re: MOM v Chelski

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:De Jong for me as well but Tevez runs him a close second and not just for his goal.

Those two players are a delight for managers. Never complain, always give 100%. I'm made up we signed Tevez

Could not agree more brother Edge.

I had to argue with a couple of numpties that were trying to tell me Tevez was comparable to Paul Dickov and Darius Vassell. Its like comparing a Skoda to a fucking Ferarri and like I said at the time, only a city fan could come out with something like that because we're used to having such dross playing up front.... and I'll say it again - if any knowledgeable neutral fan heard such utter shit they'd PISS themselves laughing.

Carlos Tevez - you will be a man city great. OD will stake his fine reputation on it ;)

It starts from page 7 to page 8 on the Hughes thread.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:De Jong for me as well but Tevez runs him a close second and not just for his goal.

Those two players are a delight for managers. Never complain, always give 100%. I'm made up we signed Tevez

Could not agree more brother Edge.

I had to argue with a couple of numpties that were trying to tell me Tevez was comparable to Paul Dickov and Darius Vassell. Its like comparing a Skoda to a fucking Ferarri and like I said at the time, only a city fan could come out with something like that because we're used to having such dross playing up front.... and I'll say it again - if any knowledgeable neutral fan heard such utter shit they'd PISS themselves laughing.

Carlos Tevez - you will be a man city great. OD will stake his fine reputation on it ;)

It starts from page 7 to page 8 on the Hughes thread.

I know mate, sure wasn't I the lone ranger trying to defend him. Several cunts trying to tell me he was comparable to Dickov and Vassell and a few others trying to tell me only Liverpool wanted him and he didn't turn anyone down to come to us!!

I decided it was best to just leave the loonies on the grass.

On topic, De Jong is turning out to be exactly the player I knew he would. Another of these players I've disagreed strongly with some over.

Well done Nige.
Original Dub

Postby Burt » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I must confess that I was a little unsure if NIge was good enough to where we aspire to be but fucl me that boy was outstanding yesterday. Last season Chelski bullied us out of it at home and their players all looked so much bigger and stronger than ours but we aint nobody's whippin boys right now.

That was a damn tough test and we came through with the points and deserved the victory IMO. The yonners are hard bastards but if we go there next week with the same application, we'll fuclin bury em.

Come on CITY!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DunneyMonster » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:09 pm

These are the ratings from the NOTW:

Given 8
Ricahrds 6 (Onuoha 6)
Toure 7
Lescott 7
Bridge 7 (Kompany 6)
Robinho 6 (Zabelta 5)
De Jong 6
Barry 6
Tevez 8
Wright-Phillips 6
Adebayour 7

I think this shows they are just completely made up! The report in the paper is from Neil Ashton so I guess he did them.
To give De Jong 6 when he was absolutelty imense is scandalous, he's rated the same as Robinho who was totally out of the game! De Jong should of had a 10 with Barry (who also got a 6) on about 8 or even 9.

Typical lazy journalism.
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Svensational wrote:
Yeah a dickhead in work tryied telling me hes a rich mans Paul Dickov, what a cock! And that he was only good at coming off the bench and running round like a headless chicken.

I just usual start muttering "Fergie! Fergie! Sign him up!" and there's not another word spoken about him :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:38 pm

After consideration, and watching the highlights, I cannot still make my mind up! A really true team performance.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 pm

DunneyMonster wrote:These are the ratings from the NOTW:

Given 8
Ricahrds 6 (Onuoha 6)
Toure 7
Lescott 7
Bridge 7 (Kompany 6)
Robinho 6 (Zabelta 5)
De Jong 6
Barry 6
Tevez 8
Wright-Phillips 6
Adebayour 7

I think this shows they are just completely made up! The report in the paper is from Neil Ashton so I guess he did them.
To give De Jong 6 when he was absolutelty imense is scandalous, he's rated the same as Robinho who was totally out of the game! De Jong should of had a 10 with Barry (who also got a 6) on about 8 or even 9.

Typical lazy journalism.

Ha ha ha thats quality stuff, I wish I'd trawled better earlier, I could've done a good bollox article on those. Good find
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum